ICAR AICE-JRF/SRF (PhD) 2020 – All India Entrance Examination Notification
Information Bulletin for ICAR Doctoral Degree Programme & Award of JRF/SRF (PhD) 2020 ICAR’s All India Competetive Examination for Admission to Doctoral Degree Programmes has been released. For more details on the important dates, the eligibility, the overview, the application fees, the mode of payment and more, check details below:
This call expires in :
IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND DATES AT A GLANCE
1. Fee details and Important Dates:
|Online submission of Application Form (upto 05:00 pm of
|Last date of successful transaction of fee through Credit/Debit Card/NetBanking/ UPI (upto 11:50 pm on
|Fee Payable by candidates
General/Unreserved, Other Backward Classes (OBC)-(NCL)* & UPS**/ EWS***
|SC/ST/PwD/ Transgender||Rs. 900/-|
|Processing charges & GST are to be paid by the candidate, as applicable|
|Correction in particulars of Application Form on website only
(No corrections shall be allowed after 02.05.2020)
|Downloading of e-Admit Cards from NTA website||08.05.2020|
|Date of Examination||01.06.2020|
|Duration of Examination||120 minutes (2 hours)|
|Timing of Examination||2:30 p.m – 4:30 p.m|
|Centre, Date and Shift of Examination||As indicated on the e-Admit Card|
|Display of attempted Question Paper and Provisional Answer Keys||To be announced later|
|Declaration of Result on NTA website||15.06.2020|
|Schedule for Online Counselling||To be announced by the ICAR
on www.icar.org.in after the declaration of result
*Other Backward Classes-Non Creamy Layer as per the central list of Other Backward Classes available on National Commission for Backward Classes (NCBC), Government of India website www.ncbc.nic.in. Only the candidates falling in this list may mention OBC in the Category Column. State list OBC candidates who are not in OBC-NCL (Central List) must choose General/Unreserved.
** Candidates of Remote and Underprivileged States must check their eligibility before applying.
***As per the OM No. 20013/01/2018-BC-II dated January 17, 2019, issued by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment and the OM No. 12-4/2019-U1 dated 17.01.2019 as well as the Letters No 35-2/2019-T.S.I dated 21.01.2019, 01.02.2019, 04.02.2019 and 15.02.2019 of MHRD Department of Higher Education regarding the implementation of reservation for Economically Weaker Sections (EWSs) for admission in Central Educational Institutions.
2. Candidates can apply for AICE-JRF/SRF(PhD)-2020 “Online” on the website http://www.ntaicar.nic.in/.
3. The Application Form other than online mode will not be accepted.
4. Only one application is to be submitted by a candidate.
5. Candidates must follow the instructions strictly as given in the Information Bulletin and on NTA website www.nta.ac.in, https://icar.nta.nic.in. Candidates not complying with the instructions shall be summarily disqualified.
6. Candidates must ensure that e-mail address and Mobile Number provided in the Online Application Form are their own as all information/ communication will be sent by NTA through e-mail on the e-mail address or SMS on given Mobile Number only.
7. Instructions for filling Online Application Form:
- Download Information Bulletin and Replica of Application Form. Read them carefully to ensure your eligibility.
- Follow the 4 steps given below to Apply Online:
Step-1: Apply for Online Registration using unique Email Id and Mobile No
Step-2: Fill in the Online Application Form and note down the system generated Application No.
Step-3: Upload scanned images of Candidate’s Photograph (file size: 10 kb – 200 kb) and Candidate’s Signature (file size: 4kb – 30kb) and Thumb impression (file size: 3kb-30kb) in JPG/JPEG format.
Step-4: Pay the fee using SBI/Syndicate/HDFC Payment Gateway through Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking/UPI and keep proof of fee paid. In case the Confirmation Page is not generated after payment of fee then the transaction is cancelled, and the amount will be refunded to the candidate’s account. However, the candidate has to make another transaction, in case the Confirmation Page is not generated.
- All the 4 Steps can be done together or at separate times.
1. The final submission of the Online Application Form will remain incomplete if Step-2 and step-3 are not completed. Such forms will stand rejected and no correspondence on this account will be entertained.
2. No request for refund of fee once remitted by the candidate will be entertained by NTA under any circumstances.
3. The entire application process of AICE-JRF/SRF(PhD)-2020is online, including uploading of scanned images, Payment of Fees, and Printing of Confirmation Page. Therefore, candidates are not required to send/submit any document(s) including Confirmation Page to NTA through Post/ Fax/ by Hand.
4. Candidates are advised to keep visiting the NTA website regularly and to check their e-mails/SMS for the latest updates.
5. The candidate shall appear at their own cost at the Examination Centre on the date and shift indicated on their Admit Card issued by NTA.
6. Any request to change the Examination Centre, Date, Shift and Subject provided on the Admit Card will not be considered under any circumstances.
All India Competitive Examination AICE-JRF/SRF (Ph.D) 2020
The centralized admission to 25% of the seats (subject to at least one seat for each discipline having
Ph.D. degree programme in the University) of accredited Ph.D degree programmes in accredited colleges of accredited universities under the ICAR-AU system was introduced in the Academic Session 2015-16. For the academic session 2020-21, admissions to 25% seats (100% seats of Dr. RPCAU, Pusa and ICAR-DUs, viz ICAR-IVRI, IARI, CIFE and NDRI) of accredited doctoral degree programmes will be granted at accredited colleges in accredited Agricultural Universities under the ICAR-AU system. Further, not more than 40% candidates from any one state shall be admitted in any agricultural university/subject under a particular category.
ICAR JRF/SRF(PhD)-2020 examination will be conducted in 73 Subjects at 88 cities (Annexure-I) all over the country enabling the participation of a large number of candidates seeking admission to Doctoral degree programmes in AUs in different disciplines of Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry, Veterinary, Animal Sciences, Agril. Engineering, Community Science (erstwhile Home Science), Fisheries, Dairy Science and other allied sciences. ICAR JRF/SRF(PhD) shall be awarded to 300 candidates based on merit in this examination as per their overall merit-rank and seat availability in different disciplines. However, fellowship is granted only after the Counseling, when the candidate gets admitted and pursues Ph.D degree in an AU other than the one from where he/she has passed Bachelor’s or Master’s degree. It implies that not more than two degrees (including Ph.D.) should be from the same AU. The other candidates who are declared/notified as qualified for counselling will be eligible as per their merit rank and availability of seat for admission to a PhD degree programme, without fellowship, in the specific subject in the AUs. The above eligibility conditions will also apply to in-service candidates.
Candidates declared eligible for registration and choice filling for counselling by ICAR will only be considered for allocation of subject and the Agricultural University. There is no provision of direct nomination for admission through ICAR in any Doctoral degree programme without qualifying in ICAR AICE-JRF/SRF(Ph.D.).
2.1 Subjects for ICAR AICE-JRF/SRF(PhD)
Doctoral degree programmes are offered by AUs in 73 Subjects given at Annexure-III. Based upon eligibility and compatibility with their subject areas at the postgraduation level (Annexure-IV), the candidates should select one Subject of specialization from the Table-3 for appearing in the Examination. However, candidates choosing a Subject of specialization in examination need to attempt Part-B of Question paper (refer Item 2.4 Scheme of examination) consisting of 50 questions from core group containing the Subject of specialization (Table-1).
2.2 University-Wise and Subject–Wise Number of Seats Available for Admission
The number of ICAR seats and JRF/SRF(PhD) in different Subjects for the Academic Session 2020–21 will be displayed on ICAR website www.icar.org.in at the time of counselling. Depending upon availability and status of accreditation, seats in some of the Subjects may not be received in the Council from accredited universities at the time of counselling. In the event of some candidates qualifying in such Subjects, it shall not be the responsibility of the Council to give them admission.
2.3 Schedule of ICAR AICE-JRF/SRF(PhD)-2020
Schedule for important examination related activities has been given below. However, candidates are requested to keep themselves updated about the schedule through the NTA website (www.nta.ac.in, https://icar.nta.nic.in).
Eligibility Criteria and Qualifications:
Indian nationals who have passed Master’s Degree programme with a minimum of Overall Grade Point Average (OGPA) as shown in Table 2 from any public-funded/Govt. institution will be eligible. In other cases, where grade-points are not awarded and only marks are awarded, the candidate must have secured a minimum percent score as shown in the Table below.
Candidates passed out from private Agricultural Universities/Colleges not accredited by ICAR, even though affiliated to public-funded/Govt. institutions are not eligible for admission through this examination. Only those candidates from Private Agricultural Universities/Colleges (accredited by ICAR) are eligible to appear in the examination who have completed their degree in programmes accredited by ICAR. Further, in case any degree from a particular college/university is not considered for admission by an Agricultural University or any particular college/university has been derecognized by VCI/UGC or due to any Court directives (present or future), ICAR will not be responsible for admitting students of that college/university in the Universities not willing to admit such candidates.
The list of private Agricultural Universities/Colleges accredited by ICAR whose candidates are eligible to appear in the AICE-JRF/SRF(PhD)-2020 examination is given at Annexure V-B. The candidates having Bachelor’s degree with 3 years’ duration will not be considered for admission through ICAR AICEJRF/SRF(PhD)-2020 in AUs under ICAR-AU system except in few courses at two ICAR-DUs, viz. IARI and NDRI only for which the eligibility criteria of the concerned ICAR-DU, including the admission of graduates having passed with 3 years’ degree, would prevail for admission.
Indian Nationals of at least 20 years of age as on 01.06.2020 (i.e. the date of examination)are eligible to apply for the examination. No relaxation is permissible regarding the minimum age limit.
Applying Online and Submission of Application Form:
The online submission of Application Form for AICE-JRF/SRF(PhD)-2020, uploading of scanned photograph and signatures may be made at website www.nta.ac.in, https://icar.nta.nic.in. The candidates should complete all the required details while filling up the online form. On submission of details and required fee, a Confirmation Page with Application Number shall be generated. Candidates are required to take printout of Confirmation Page and keep it for reference. In order to appear in AICE-JRF/SRF(PhD)-2020, the candidates are required to apply online as per procedure detailed below. Before filling and submitting the online form, candidates should download the Information Bulletin and Replica of Application Form; and read them carefully. Candidates must follow the instructions strictly as given in the Information Bulletin and on NTA website. Application Forms not complying with the instructions are liable to be rejected.
Candidates must keep the following information ready before filling online Application Form:-
- Govt Identity Details like Aadhaar Number (last 4 digits)/Election Card (EPIC No.)/Passport number/Ration Card Number/ Bank Account Number/PAN Number/ Other valid Govt Ids.
- Address for communication, Mobile Number, email id, etc.
- Scanned images of latest Photograph (size of 10 kb to 200 kb) in JPG/ JPEG format only
- Scanned image of Signature (size of 4 kb to 30 kb) in JPG/ JPEG format only
- Bank Account details for payment of Fee, for uploading as part of the submission of online application.
Replica of Application Form or Format:
The replica of the AICE-JRF/SRF (PhD) – 2020 Application Form or Format is available at Annexure-IX.
Four Steps to Complete the Application Process:
Application Form may be submitted in four simple steps:
- Step 1: Apply for Online Registration using unique Email Id and Mobile No
- Step 2: Fill in the Online Application Form and note down the system generated Application No.
- Step 3: Upload scanned images of Candidate’s Photograph (file size: 10 kb – 200 kb)
Candidate’s Signature (file size: 4kb – 30kb) and candidate’s thumb impression
(between 3 kb to 30 kb) in JPG/JPEG format.
- Step 4: Pay the fee using SBI/Syndicate/HDFC Payment Gateway through Debit Card/Credit Card/Net-Banking/UPI and keep proof of fee paid. In case the Confirmation Page is not generated after payment of fee then the transaction is cancelled, and the amount will be refunded to the candidate’s account. However, the candidate has to make another transaction, in case the Confirmation Page is not generated.
- Download, save and print copies of Confirmation Page after successful remittance of fee and keep copies safely for future reference.
- All the 4 Steps can be done together or at separate times
- The final submission of the Online Application Form will remain incomplete if Step 3 and Step 4 are not completed. Such forms will stand rejected and no correspondence on this account will be entertained.
- No request for refund of fee once remitted by the candidate will be entertained by NTA under any circumstances.
- There is no provision to upload any certificate/marks sheet etc., with the application.
- The entire application process is online. Therefore, candidates are not required to send/submit any document(s) including Confirmation Page to NTA/ICAR through Post/ Fax/E-mail By Hand.
View Information Bulletin Below
Editor’s Note: ICAR Doctoral Degree Programme & Award of JRF/SRF (PhD) – Information Bulletin, ICAR PhD Programme & Award of JRF/SRF (PhD), ICAR PhD 2020. Please make sure that you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of all of the latest in the industry. Follow us on all of our social media like Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.