IISER Pune Summer Research Programme – SSP 2020
IISER Pune Summer Research Programme – SSP 2020/ If you are an undergraduate or in the first year of your post-graduation and are looking for a short term summer research programme, then IISER Pune has announced applications, for the said programme for a duration of 4 to 8 weeks. Check out more details on the same below:
This Call Expires In :
IISER Pune invites applications from research-oriented students to participate in its Summer Student Programme, 2020. Successful applicants will certainly have an opportunity to participate in the research programmes of IISER-Pune faculty. Research activities in IISER-Pune span both theory and experiment in biology, chemistry, earth science, humanities, mathematics as well as physics with a solid focus on interdisciplinary research. These summer projects are also an opportunity for students to evaluate the suitability of various programmes at IISER-Pune (Integrated PhD and also PhD) for future career choice.
This application form is meant for students of educational institutions besides those of IISER-Pune.
This web registration process is not meant for Summer fellows selected for IISER-Pune through other fellowship programmes like IASc and JNCASR.
Summer projects chosen with the Indian Academy of Science will not need to go through this registration process.
Eligibility & Requirements:
- Students presently (at the time of application) studying in the
♠ Second, 3rd, or 4th year of B.Sc/ B.Tech/ B.E or comparable
♠ First year of M.Sc/ M.Tech or equivalent.
- Minimum 60% (or comparable) in overall grades, or 80% in the particular stream( s) of interest.
- Selecting a project for application.
♠ browse the list of available projects and identify your project of interest.
Faculty not listed in the above list of available projects WILL NOT be offering any summer projects.
Please do not contact them to ask for any projects.
♠ You might go through the web pages of the faculty to confirm that your interests overlap, and also to obtain an idea of their research methods.
♠ every project has a requirement in regards to knowledge and also skills. Please do not make an application for a project that you are not equipped to undertake. It will be a waste of your time.
♠ If you require more technological info on the project, send a single email to the concerned faculty. Please do not send out additional emails in the lack of a response.
♠ You may apply for as much as 2 projects.
- Project duration: 4 – 8 weeks during the period May 15th– July 15th, 2020.
Candidates must utilize the online registration form on this page (scroll below) to make an application for the summer programme.
- IISER-Pune will certainly support the chosen summer students with a (free) room in the students’ hostel. Nonetheless, we are unable to provide any kind of financial support to cover the cost of travel and also boarding in the hostel mess (about Rs. 6000 per month).
- The performance of students will be examined at the end of the project and the very same conveyed to their parent institute.
- Please do not contact, either by phone or by e-mail, the concerned faculty for selection info after you have registered.
- The results of the selection procedure will certainly be communicated to the students by March 31st.
- Any type of query regarding this program might be addressed to [email protected].
- Any problem with the web-based registration process might additionally be addressed to Ramana Athreya at [email protected].
- If you wish to modify your application for whatever reason simply re-register with the changed entries. We will only consider your last entry.
The Online Registration for the Programme is Now Open
The deadline for registration is 29th February 2020
Editor’s Note: If you want more such awesome notifications then make sure you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter. IISER Pune Summer Research Programme – SSP 2020, short training programs, then check us out on YouTube and all of our social media platforms as well.