NII PhD Admission 2020-2021 – National Institute of Immunology
NII PhD Admission 2020-2021 – National Institute of Immunology. The official notification and application process for the Ph.D. Programme for the Academic Session 2020-2021 at National Institute of Immunology, New Delhi has been announced. Check out all of the details below:
This call expires in :
National Institute of Immunology (NII) invites applications from qualified candidates for the PhD programme. Cutting-edge research at NII encompasses wide interdisciplinary Regions of Immunology, Infectious and Chronic Disease Biology, Molecular and Cellular Biology, Chemical, Structural Biology and Computational Biology.
- M.Sc. In any branch of Science (e.g. Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics), M.Tech., M.B.B.S., M.V.Sc., M.Pharm., or equal qualification according to criteria of the Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), New Delhi.
- At least 60% aggregate score or equal grade in Senior Secondary Certificate (10+2) and Bachelor’s degree, and 55% aggregate score or equal grade in Master’s degree are vital for the overall category. Five percent relaxations in aggregate scores in Senior Secondary, Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees will be applicable for applicants from reserved categories [OBC (non-creamy layer; NCL), SC/ST, and PwD]. Rounding off of percentage score to the next integral value isn’t permitted.
- Candidates appearing for the qualifying exam in the present academic year will also be eligible to apply; they’ll be admitted provisionally pending satisfactory fulfilment of their eligibility conditions at the time of joining.
- Reservations of seats: 15 percent for SC, 7.5% for ST, 27 percent for OBC (non-creamy layer) and 3 percent for persons with disability (PwD) according to statutory standards.
- NII will pick applicants to the PhD programme via the following Channels:Channel # 1: Computer-based Entrance Examination, NII-2020, to be conducted by NII at multiple centres around India on 23rd February 2020 (Sunday).
Channel # 2: Joint Graduate Entrance Examination in Biology and Interdisciplinary Life
Sciences (JGEEBILS-2020). Candidates must appear in at least one of the two
examinations mentioned above. Candidates will be short-listed for an interview based on
their scores in either NII-2020 or JGEEBILS-2020.
- The list of applicants short-listed for interviews shall be available on the NII website and Notice Board on or before 9th March 2020.
- Interviews will be held in the National Institute of Immunology, New Delhi from 11th to
13th June 2020.
- Candidates selected will be enrolled for the PhD programme of NII in academic affiliation with JNU, New Delhi.
- The programme will begin on 6th July 2020 and the allotment of labs and thesis supervisors will be made by 13th July 2020, depending on the interactions with faculties in the candidates’ area of interest and mutual preference.
- The institute now provides a Junior Research Fellowship of Rs.31000/- a month. Selected candidates that are already fellowship awardees from CSIR, UGC, ICMR, DBT, and DST can avail these fellowships according to rules governed by the respective funding agency.
- NII is a residential campus and shared hostel accommodation will be provided to each of the students admitted to the program.
- Candidates must submit their applications through NII online application portal only. The details of the application procedure can be found at http://www.nii.res.in. Candidates
applying through JGEEBILS-2020 must also submit an application through NII application portal, along with application fees and the JGEEBILS-2020 admit card.
- The online application fee is Rs.1000/- for GENERAL/OBC (NCL) applicants and Rs.500/- for SC/ST/PwD (non-refundable).
- Online application facility will soon be available at the NII site from 20th December 2019 to 31st January 2020.
- For technical queries regarding NII online admission portal, please contact helpline
number: 022-62507725 and 011-23219064-67 Email: [email protected].
- For queries related to eligibility criteria or other academic matters, please contact Tel :
011-26717101,011-26703662 or 011-26703762 ; Email :[email protected].
- Name of the candidate and his/her date of birth must match the corresponding entries in the Secondary School Certificate (10th) or equal.
- Candidates must make sure that the info details provided in the online application are true and correct. If any discrepancy is observed at any stage, NII reserves the right to cancel the admission.
- Online Application begins: 20.12.2019
- Online application closing: 31.01.2020
- Admit card available for download: 07.02.2020 onwards
- NII-2019 Entrance Examination: 23.02.2020
Women candidates are encouraged to apply.
View Notification Below
Editor’s Note: NII PhD Admission 2020-2021 – National Institute of Immunology, phd admission 2020, national institute of immunology nii admission. Check out the Biotecnika Times Newsletter for more details and also, make sure you are subscribed to the Podcast on SoundCloud.