RGCB PhD Admission – PhD January Admissions 2020
The notification for the RGCB PhD Program Admission – January 2020 Session has now been released. Applicants who have a postgraduate degree in life sciences are encouraged to apply. Check out all of the details regarding the program, application procedure, important dates and links below:
This call expires in :
RGCB PhD Admission Details
#Advt. No: RGCB/PhD/2019-II
Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology (RGCB) invites application for admission to the PhD program (January 2020 session) in various domains of disease biology. Details of RGCB PhD admission are as follows:
- Applicants with a post-graduate degree in Life/ Chemical/ Agricultural/ Environmental/ Veterinary/ Pharmaceutical/ Medical Sciences or with an MCI certified MBBS degree are eligible to apply.
- Applicants with terminal degrees in medicine, dentistry, veterinary sciences and pharmaceutical sciences can additionally apply for the Translational Science & Medicine (TSM) PhD program based on the conditions specified in the RGCB web site.
- Just candidates who have finished their qualifying degree in all respects will certainly be considered.
- Candidates with UGC/CSIR/ICMR/ DBT/DST-INSPIRE/KSCSTE/ various other fellowships need to have a first-class in their qualifying evaluation. These fellowships need to be valid for one year from the day of the Advertisement.
- Applicants, that do not have any kind of fellowship, need to have a minimum of 70% mark (CGPA – 7.0) for the qualifying degree.
- SC/ST candidates need to have a minimum of 55% marks (CGPA-6.0) for their certifying degree.
- A restricted number of institute stipends will be available for those chosen candidates without a research fellowship. This conditional financial support will be a subsistence allowance for an initial duration of 3 years following which they will certainly have to acquire their very own fellowships from external agencies to make certain the PhD program continues uninterrupted. The continuance of the RGCB PhD program after three years is subject to this condition and there will certainly be no extension of the institutional fellowship.
- All eligible candidates, irrespective of their fellowship status, will have to appear for a qualifying entrance test which will be conducted at RGCB for shortlisting applicants for the selection interview.
- TA/DA or lodging will certainly not be provided for the PhD admission procedures.
- Results of the qualifying test will be announced within one hr and selection interview for shortlisted candidates will certainly begin on the exact same day.
- Upper age limitation is 28 years as on January 01, 2020. The age limit will be relaxed for SC/ST/Physically challenged applicants as per Government of India guidelines.
- RGCB is presently affiliated to the University of Kerala, Manipal University and the UNESCO-Regional Centre for Biotechnology. Registration of the selected candidates will be according to the standards issued by these Universities for the award of PhD degrees.
- All selected trainees will certainly go through the mandatory course work from February 12, 2020, to May 12, 2020.
- Just applicants who pass the course work evaluation will be enabled to register for PhD. A maximum of 2 attempts only is permitted to pass the course work evaluation. Candidates who are not successful in both attempts will have to exit the RGCB PhD program.
- Both mentor and student will certainly decide final allotment to specific laboratories after mutual acceptance.
Applications are to be submitted online. Application Fee (Rs.1000/-) have to be paid on-line using ‘SB Collect’ of State Bank of India via the URL given in the Payment Stage. SC/ST candidates are exempted from paying the processing fees. Last day for receiving completed applications is December 20, 2019. Incomplete applications or those without processing fees will certainly be declined.
Applicants must keep in mind that the PhD program of RGCB is primarily developed to create leading class PhD holders that will drive future research programs in the country. Thus we wish to see our PhD holders proceed in active research by continuing for suitable post-doctoral assignments and then as research scientists or young entrepreneurs in biotechnology. RGCB does not consider as its main mandate production of PhD holders primarily for teaching in colleges and universities, which might often need the PhD degree to be in a certain domain (such as Zoology, Chemistry or Botany). This may not be feasible at RGCB where most degrees are granted in Biotechnology or various other interdisciplinary subjects. Applicants that wish to have a career in teaching may find various other universities or institutes where “subject-wise degrees” are provided, a far better option. Applicants are encouraged to take into consideration this aspect very meticulously prior to applying for the PhD program.
|December 20, 2019 [Friday]||Last date for submission of online application.|
|December 25, 2019 [Wednesday]||Date to Download Admit Card.|
|January 19, 2020 [Sunday]||Date of selection test.|
|January 19, 2020 [Sunday]||Announcement of results of selection test qualified for interview.|
|January 19, 2020 (Afternoon) [Sunday]||Selection interviews.|
|January 20, 2020 (Whole day) [Monday]||Selection interviews.|
|January 22, 2020 [Wednesday]||Announcement of the final list of candidates selected as RGCB PhD trainees.|
|February 10, 2020 [Monday]||Selected PhD trainees report to Office of Academic Affairs, RGCB.|
|February 12, 2020 [Wednesday]||Mandatory Course Work Begins.|
For all incoming PhD students, there will be a tuition fee of 5000 per semester for the very first 8 semesters and 10,000 for each semester after. SC/ST candidates are exempt from these tuition fees. University fees will certainly have to be paid directly to the University by the student.
Editor’s Note: RGCB PhD Admission – PhD January Admissions 2020, PhD Admissions 2019. Make sure you check out the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and also the Podcast that we have for free listen on SoundCloud.