BIT Mesra PhD Admission Program Session Spring 2020
BIT Mesra PhD Program Session Spring 2020 Admissions announcement has been made. BIT Mesra PhD Admission Program Session Spring 2020. BIT Mesra PhD Admissions 2020. Interested and eligible can check out all of the details on the same below:
This call expires in :
PH.D. ADMISSION NOTIFICATION
(FULL-TIME / PART-TIME)
FOR THE SESSION SPRING 2020
BIRLA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
(Deemed to be University u/s 3 of UGC Act 1956)
MESRA, RANCHI – 835215 (INDIA)
Candidates with the following qualification shall be eligible for admission to the Ph. D. Program of the Institute:
(a) Candidates possessing M.Tech./M.E./M.Sc. (Engg.)/M.Arch./M.Pharm./M.Plan./M.Sc./MCA/MBA or equivalent Degree in relevant branch from a recognized University/Institute with minimum 60% marks or 6.0 CGPA on a ten point scale in the qualifying examination are eligible to apply for admission in the relevant departments.
(b) Candidates possessing B.Tech./B.E/B.Sc.(Engg.)/B.Pharm/B.Arch./B.Plan. or equivalent Degree in relevant branch from a recognized University/Institute with a minimum of 80% marks or 8.0 CGPA on a ten point scale in the qualifying examination and a valid GATE/GPAT score with a minimum of 80 percentile are eligible to apply for admission in the departments as per their Specialization. (In this
(c) Sponsored candidates must have a minimum of two years of professional work experience, besides fulfilling the above criteria. In addition, such candidates should have valid sponsorship at least for three years.
RELAXATION FOR SC/ ST CANDIDATES
Eligibility criteria will be relaxed by 5% marks for SC / ST candidates.
- NOC from the Institute is mandatory for employees of the Institute which shall be obtained before appearing at the admission test for the PhD program.
- Employees from other organizations shall produce NOC from his/her respective employers at the time of admission.
- In case of the candidates with other grade point scale, the decision of the equivalence
made by the assigned committee of the Institute shall be final.
A limited number of Institute Research Fellowship (IRF) with a fellowship amount of Rs. 25,000/- per month for the first two years and Rs. 28,000/- per month for the next two years is available depending on the performance. The minimum marks required for IRF may vary across the departments and department wise minimum marks shall be decided by an appropriate committee. These IRFs shall be distributed based on the performance in the admission test, academic career and interview. A Ph.D. admission test is mandatory for candidate aspiring for the IRF.
How to Apply:
- To fill the online application form, click on the link “CLICK HERE TO APPLY ONLINE” to register for the programme and create a password for the application process. Do not share the password with anybody. Please see instructions for filling the online application form.
- Eligible candidates must complete and submit the application form online only [link available on the Institute website www.bitmesra.ac.in]. Pay application fee of Rs.2,500/- (General / OBC candidates) and Rs.1,500/- (SC/ST candidates) inclusive of GST charges through ICICI payment Gateway (candidates may use net banking/debit card/credit card / UPI of any nationalized bank) till the last date of the application process. Fee once remitted shall not be refunded under any circumstances.
- Candidates should proceed to fill the Online Application Form only after they satisfy themselves that they fulfil all the eligibility criteria.
- Apply for one department only.
- The Department-wise list of candidates to be called for Written Test will be displayed on the Institute website before 7-10 days of PhD Written Test.
- Candidates must carry application form along with supporting documents in original and one set of photocopies of the same at the time of reporting for a written test. No individual intimation will be sent to candidates.
- No Admit Card will be issued to candidates.
- Candidates whose names do not appear in the lists may contact Admissions Office at Mesra by telephone or email.
- Candidates must carry one of the following valid Photo identifications during reporting for Written Test. (Driving license, Passport, PAN Card, Voter ID, Aadhar Card, Employee
Identification Card are acceptable)
Dean, Admissions & Academic Coordination,
Birla Institute of Technology,
Mesra, Ranchi – 835 215
Phone: PBX: 0651-2275444 / 896,
Extn. 4469, and 0651-2275868 (Direct)
E-mail: [email protected], [email protected]
For any queries, candidates should see PhD Ordinance 2018 available on the Institute website (downloadable as pdf document). For any further queries, candidates may contact the Dean, Academic Programme through e-mail at [email protected].
For any queries about the research areas and syllabi of the Tests, candidates may please contact the concerned Head of the Department by telephone or e-mail. (Please see Directory on the Institute website for contact details).
Candidates must visit our website http://www.bitmesra.ac.in regularly for updates and/or for any other matters related to the admission procedures.
- Information Brochure for Ph.D. Spring 2020
- Guidelines for filling online Application
- Syllabus for Subject Specific Test
- Ph.D. Ordinance 2018
- Last date for applying online – 25th November 2019
- Date of Written Test – 16th December 2019
View Notification Below
Click here to Apply Online (Will be activated shortly)
After registration click here to Sign in (Will be activated shortly)
Editor’s Note: BIT Mesra PhD Admission Program Session Spring 2020, BIT Mesra PhD Program Admissions 2020. BIT Mesra 2020 Admissions. PhD Program Admissions 2020. BIT Mesra 2020 Spring Session PhD Admissions. Check out the Biotecnika Times Newsletter – and also follow us on our Podcast on SoundCloud.