Italian Government Biology Scholarship
Italian Government Scholarship 2019-2020 official notification for six (6) or nine (9) months duration. Biology candidates are eligible to apply for Italian Government Scholarship 2019-2020. Italian Government Scholarship 2019-20 notification for indian nationals, with interest in Master’s Degree programme, Ph.D. Program and Research under academic supervision as per the details given below:
This call expires in :
Government of India
Ministry of Human Resource Development
(Department of Higher Education)
ITALIAN GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIP 2019-2020
Online applications are invited from Indian nationals for Italian Government Scholarship 2019-20. The scholarships are being offered for pursuing the following programme/courses at Italian university/Institute:
i) Master’s Degree Program
ii) Courses of Higher Education in Art, Music and Dance
iii) PhD. Program
iv) Research under Academic Supervision
v) Italian Language and Culture Courses
2. Grants in all the courses/programmes mentioned above except Italian Language and Culture Course are awarded for a period of 6 or 9 months in a year. The scholars studying a multi-year degree course and whose academic progress is satisfactory may apply for renewals. Grants for Italian Language and Culture Courses are awarded for a period of 3 (three) months only.
The applications are invited in the following subject fields:
i) Biology, ii) Architecture, iii) Physics, iv) Mathematics, v) Electrical Engineering, vi) Environmental Engineering, vii) nanotechnologies viii) Chemistry, ix) Art, Music, Dance and ix) Italian Language and Culture.
4. Programme/Course wise eligibility conditions, set by the Government of Italy, are as follows:
• Master’s Degree: Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s degree in the applicant’s country of origin and must not be over 28 years old as on 30th May 2019.
• PhD Program: applicants need to meet the entry requirements and academic qualifications established by the Italian University/Institute and are required to provide a letter of acceptance on behalf of the relevant Italian University/Institute. The applicant must not be over 30 years old as on 30th May 2019
• Research under academic supervision: applicants must submit the letter of admission on behalf of the host University/Institute and must not be over 40 years old as on 30th May 2019
• Courses of Higher Education in Arts, Music and Dance (AFAM): applicants need to meet the entry requirements and academic qualifications established by the relevant University/Institute and must not be over 28 years old as on 30th May 2019.
• Italian Language and Culture Course: applicant must provide a certificate of their proficiency in the Italian language. The minimum level required is A2 within the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). The applicant must not be over 28 years old as on 30th May 2019
5. Apart from the above condition, the following condition of the Government of India is also applicable to the applicants except in the renewal cases.
Candidates who have already been abroad for study/training/specialization either on scholarship or on their own for a period exceeding six months are eligible to apply only if they have been in India for at least two consecutive years after returning from abroad as on 30.05.2019.
6. Under the Italian Government Scholarship, the following benefits are provided to the scholar:
• Allowance: 900 Euros monthly allowance on a quarterly basis.
• Tuition Fees: Exemption from the payment of enrollment and tuition fees depending on the policy of each university.
• Health and Medical Insurance: A health and medical insurance contracted by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International cooperation (MAECI), Italy for the entire duration of the grant.
7. The detailed information about the Italian Government Scholarship 2019-20 is enclosed. The applicants are requested to go through the details before applying to this scholarship.
8. Candidates are required to apply online at Italian Government Website https://studyinitaly.esteri.it or https://studvinitaly.esteri.it/registrazione. The last date for submission of online application on the Italian Government website is 30.05.2019 by 2 pm (Central European Time).
9. Applicants are also required to apply online on the Ministry of Human Resource Development portal http://proposal.sakshat.ac.in/scholarship/. The last date of online application in the Ministry is 30.05.2019 (midnight). Applicants are required to upload a copy of the application submitted on Italian Government website while applying online on the Ministry’s online application portal.
Note: The candidates who do not apply on both the portals, would not be considered for the scholarship.
Nomination and final selection:
The priority would be given to the candidates who have completed their last qualifying exam from Centrally Funded Education Institute, Institute of National Importance and AAC accredited institution and marks obtained therein. The preference will be given to the candidates having the admission letter/acceptance of supervisor.
Note: Nomination of a candidate by the Government of India does not, in any way, guarantee final selection or placement. The Government of Italy will make its own selection from the list of recommended candidates.
11. Important notes for the applicants:
i) Candidates who do not possess the essential eligibility criteria need not apply.
ii) Canvassing in any form will lead to disqualification
iii) Employed candidates must obtain ‘No Objection Certificate’ from their employer. In the case of Government servant, cadre clearance is a must.
iv) The applicant in employment (to which he/she wishes to return) should have an assurance from his/her employer that he/she will be granted sufficient leave during the scholarship period.
v) All announcements will be available on the Ministry of Human Resource Development website i.e. www.mhrd.gov.in/scholarships.
vi) For applying at the Ministry of Human Resource Development portal http://proposal.sakshat.ac.in/scholarship, candidates are required to upload documents. It must be ensured that the size of a single document doc does not exceed 530 kb.
View Notification Below
Editor’s Note: Are you looking for more such scholarship opportunities then check out the Biotecnika Times Newsletter – it is a free subscription service, that you can avail by signing up for it once. Italian Government Scholarship 2019-2020 notification, italian government scholarship notification, italian government scholarship 2019 notification, italian government scholarship notification 2019.