Calcutta University PhD Admissions
The official notification for the Research Eligibility Test (RET), 2019 for admission to PhD.
Programme in the University of Calcutta has been released. The last date for applying for the same is approaching soon. Calcutta University PhD Admissions. More details on the same below:
This call expires in :
Department of Anthropology
University of Calcutta
Advertisement for the Research Eligibility Test (RET), 2019 for admission to PhD.
Programme in Anthropology
The applications are invited for the RET examination 2019 for the admission to PhD Programme in the Department of Anthropology, the University of Calcutta following the Regulation for the Degree of Doctor of Philosophy, 2016, the University of Calcutta (available in the website of the University of Calcutta; www.caluniv.ac.in). The total number of seats declared for admission is 15 (Fifteen). Reservation policy in admission will be followed as per the West Bengal State Higher Educational Institutions (Reservation in Admission) Rules, 2013.
The eligibility criteria for the admission and the selection criteria to PhD Programme are available in the website of the University of Calcutta (vide ‘Procedure for Admission’ and ‘Eligibility Criteria for Admission to PhD Programme’ of the Regulation for the Degree of Doctor of Philosophy, 2016).
- Date and time of the Ph.D. entrance test: April 29th, 2019 from 12 noon onwards
- Venue of the of the entrance test: Department of Anthropology, University of Calcutta
- Duration of the Ph.D. entrance test: 1 Hour
- Question type in Ph.D. entrance test: MCQ
- Syllabus for the Ph.D. entrance test: Mentioned below
- Total marks allotted for the Ph.D. entrance test: 50
- Qualifying marks of the Ph.D. entrance test: 50%
- Date and time of interview: May 07th, 2019 from 11 am onwards
- Venue of the interview: Department of Anthropology, University of Calcutta
- Total marks allotted for the interview: 50
- Candidates qualified for the entrance test and who have cleared UGC/CSIR (JRF) Examinations/ NET/ SET/ SLET/ GATE or have obtained DST INSPIRE Fellow/ Teacher fellowship or have passed equivalent examinations or passed the M.Phil./ M.Tech./ M.D./ M.E./ M.Pharm. or equivalent examination (vide Ph.D. Regulation of the University, 2016) will be called for the interview.
- The last date of submission of application form: April 16th, 2019, at the Office of the Department of Anthropology, University of Calcutta.
- The names if the shortlisted candidates for the entrance test will be displayed on the Notice Board of the Department on April 22nd, 2019.
- The names of the qualified candidates for the interview will be displayed on the Notice Board of the Department on May 03rd, 2019.
- Documents to be submitted along with the application form: Self-attested copies of testimonials (from Graduation course onwards, proof of age and certificate supporting reserve category).
- Candidates should apply in the proforma mentioned below paying `100/- through a Challan obtainable in the College Street cash counter and Law College Cash Counter of the University of Calcutta. The application form for admission is available below.
View Brochure Below
Editor’s Note: phd admissions, calcutta university admissions, phd admissions calcutta admissions, phd anthropology admissions, university of calcutta phd admissions. Make sure you check out the Biotecnika Times Newsletter, Podcast and all of our social media for the latest in the life sciences industry.