PhD Admissions IIT Madras
PhD Biotechnology Admissions 2019-2020 at IIT Madras notification is released. Application Portal for the PhD Biotechnology Admissions 2019-2020 at IIT Madras has been open. Intersted and eligible candidates are requested to check out all of the details on the same below:
This call expires in :
ELIGIBLE DEGREES FOR ADMISSION TO PhD PROGRAMMES
Eligible Degrees for Admission to PhD programme
a. Master’s degree in any area of Engineering. Candidates with Master’s in biotechnology, chemical engineering, computer science and electrical engineering are particularly encouraged to apply.
b. Master’s degree in any area of Science. Candidates with Master’s in any branch of life sciences, chemistry, mathematics and physics are particularly encouraged to apply. Master’s in Science must have qualified in GATE or any other national level examinations such as CSIR-JRF, UGC-JRF, DBT-JRF, etc.
c. Master’s degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences
d. Master’s degree in Agricultural Sciences
e. Master’s degree in Veterinary Sciences
f. B.Tech/B.E/BS (4 year) with a minimum CGPA of 8.0 and above on a 10 point scale or 75% aggregate with valid GATE score. GATE requirement is waived if the UG degree is from a centrally-funded technical institution (CFTI).
Cellular, Molecular and Structural Biology relating to Signal transduction, Lipid Trafficking, Stem cell proliferation etc., Protein crystallography and structure prediction; Drug design and QSAR. Bioorganic Chemistry; Biotransformations; Enzymes in Organic synthesis; Biosensors; Environmental Biotechnology Bioremediation; Green Chemistry;
Biochemical Engineering, Bioreactor Modelling; Reactive Oxygen species in Bioreactors;
Recombinant Systems Cloning of Therapatic Proteins and Large scale Production; Industrial
Microbial Processes; Plant tissue and Animal cell Culture; Downstream Processing; Protein
Refolding. Bioinformatics and Computational Biology; Biomedical Engineering Biomechanics; Biomaterials; Computational Neuroscience; Molecular Genetics of Plant Development
How to Apply:
- Please read the instructions given in the admission brochure carefully before filling up the application form.
Online Application Form & Admission Brochure (including the admission
schedule along with the important dates) is available on the Institute
- You are required to submit the application ONLINE. No Downloadable Forms will be available. After filling the form, you are advised to take a print of your application and keep the same for the record.
- You can submit a separate application to departments of your choice by paying
separate application fee.
- The OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) certificate issued after 01.10.2018 (the financial year for 2018-2019) in the prescribed format must be uploaded in the ONLINE application and submitted at the time of admission.
- You should check the admission website for important announcements and
department website for result.
- Candidates called for written test/interview should bring with them Printed copy of the application submitted online along with Original and photocopies of relevant certificates.
The application fee is as follows:
- GN/EWS/OBC-NCL Male candidates: Rs.100/-
- GN/EWS/OBC-NCL Female candidates: Rs.50/-
- SC/ST and PwD candidates: Rs.50/-
APPLICATION FEE IS NON-REFUNDABLE
1. Activation of the website for submission of online application: 01.03.2019
2. Last date for submission of completed application form through online for July 2019 admission: 31.03.2019
3. Date of Admission: 08.07.2019
4. Orientation: 09.07.2019
5. Photo session & Data Entry: 10.07.2019
View Notification Below
Editor’s Note: Biotech PhD Admissions 2019, IIT Madras PhD Admissions 2019, Biotechnology PhD Admissions 2019, IIT Madras PhD Biotechnology Admissions. Make sure you check out the Podcast and Newsletter we have which are free services that you can avail.