Inlaks Scholarships 2019
Inlaks Scholarships, Scholarships 2019, Inlaks Shivdasani Scholarships 2019, Inlaks Shivdasani 2019, Indian Scholarship 2019, Inlaks 2019, Indian International Scholarship 2019. Indian nationals can check out all of the details on the overview, eligibility, application procedure and more below:
This call expires in :
Inlaks Scholarships offer the chance to young people with exceptional talent in any field to broaden their vision overseas and improve their skills to operate in society, thereby making them a future vehicle of change in their environment. The scholarships are of two types: university courses and particular programmes.
ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIP:
Scholarships are granted at top American, European and UK institutions, for funding requirements including tuition fees.
The Foundation doesn’t award scholarships for more than US$100,000. In the event the whole funding required (tuition + living allowances) exceeds US$100,000, applicants should show evidence that they have the ability to cover full financing for their courses at the time of the interviews in May/June. The Foundation doesn’t ensure applicants who aren’t fully funded.
The Foundation has joint scholarship schemes with Imperial College, London, Royal College of Art (RCA), London, School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS), London, Cambridge Trust, Cambridge and SciencesPo, Paris. In the case of applicants for these collaborating institutions, the Foundation is able to accept applications with no requirement.
The Foundation doesn’t give scholarships in the following subjects: Engineering, Computer Science, Business Studies, Medicine, Public Health, Fashion Design, Music and Film Animation. However, in the case of Imperial College, London, scholarships will be given for Engineering and Computer Science. Further, we’ll consider Indian Studies, just if they have contemporary relevance. Within the field of Music, only applications for Western Classical singing degrees will be considered.
SPECIFIC PROGRAMMES PROPOSED BY THE CANDIDATE:
Scholarships for research, training or professional improvement to be carried out overseas either independently or attached to a top institution, rather than leading to a degree. Candidates will be expected to provide complete details of the proposed programs, such as travelling and time plans, a complete breakdown of costs, and evidence of agreement with these kinds of institutions if needed.
TERMS OF THE SCHOLARSHIP
The scholarship covers, for the period granted, tuition fees, adequate living expenses and one-way travel. In the case of scholarship requirement of above $100,000 (or equivalent), (tuition + living allowance), applicants should show evidence of funding, for the balance of costs, at the time of interviews in May or June. In the case of specific programs, the financial coverage is going to be discussed directly with the candidate.
Acceptance of other scholarships, teaching assistantships and part-time jobs are welcome after approval from the Foundation.
Scholarship won’t be awarded to applicants whose proposed course of study or specific project requires field trips back to India throughout tenure.
Scholarships are given in May/ June normally for commencement in subsequent September and October. Any scholarship not commenced within 9 months will be forfeited.
HOW TO APPLY
- Scholarships are open to all Indian citizens who are resident in India at the time of application. Candidates are normally expected to hold a good first degree from a recognized university in India. Indian citizens who maintain a fantastic undergraduate degree from a recognized university outside India has to have resided continuously and been employed or been studying India, for at least two years, following their under-graduation. People having a postgraduate degree (e.g. Master or PhD) from a university outside India aren’t eligible; people who have started but not completed a postgraduate degree outside India will also be ineligible.
- It’s essential to have prior admission to the institution and course chosen. The Foundation won’t consider candidates without admission or pending admission. The institutions concerned must only be a high rank.
- Candidates may be a maximum of 30 years of age in the year of application. Candidates who are already studying or have started their programme overseas aren’t eligible.
- The award of other grants, teaching assistantships and support from other sources for the proposed programme will be regarded by the Foundation as a positive factor. The Foundation also encourages applications from young people presently employed.
HOW WE DECIDE
- The Foundation has been awarding scholarships to deserving young Indian since 1976. Few other foundations have, during this period of time, given as many scholarships as many and such varied fields.
- The key to Inlaks is flexibility. We look for the unusual, we search out a special talent and we spot people with flair. And once we’re convinced that we’ve found it, we’ll do everything possible to accommodate a more worthy candidate.
What exactly do you need to be concerned about?
- Your achievements, academic and otherwise. We’ll require proof that you’re an achiever.
- Your potential. We pride ourselves on judging potential as much as performance. It is not exactly what you’ve already achieved; it is what we can help you achieve in the future.
- The suitability of your course, programme or project. You have to persuade us that the course/ programme is right for you and that you’re right for it.
The application form will be available online from the 25th February (12 pm onwards). The deadline for submissions is 15th April (23:59 IST).
It must include:
- Evidence of admission to a university or a course, and complete detail of this institute’s fiscal requirements.
- Candidates in architecture, fine and applied arts, and associated subjects have to upload their portfolio as a pdf file or share a website/online portfolio link. Candidates for Film, Dance, Acting, and Music (Western classical singing) must also upload via a link.
Evidence of some outstanding achievements in extra-curricular activities in almost any area.
- Photocopy of the first and last pages of your passport.
- A clear declaration has to be made of all funding received on your course. In the event the offer of financing comes in after you’ve submitted your application, please inform us of exactly the same via email, at the earliest.
- In the event you’ve applied for a different course, for which you aren’t applying to Inlaks for funding, at the same or a different institution and have an offer of funding from elsewhere, you need to inform us of the exact same even if it’s not your intention to avail of the offer.
APPLICATION FORMS WILL BE AVAILABLE ONLINE FROM 25 FEBRUARY 2019 (12 NOON ONWARDS).
An independent Inlaks Selection Committee carries out the selection. Applications received are analyzed and evaluated, along with the committee subsequently calls the most interesting candidates for interviews. All candidates should be available for interviews in India. They usually take place in Mumbai or Delhi in May or in June, in 2 stages: preliminaries, also for those who make it, finals. Candidates short-listed for the interviews might need to arrange for their own travel and accommodation. Candidates who don’t receive any communication by the 1st of June must assume that their applications haven’t been successful.
Applications Open: 25 February 2019 (12 pm onwards)
Deadline: 15 April 2019 (23:59 IST)
Editor’s Note: Inlaks Scholarships, Scholarships 2019, Inlaks Shivdasani Scholarships 2019, Inlaks Shivdasani 2019, Indian Scholarship 2019, Inlaks 2019, Indian International Scholarship 2019. Check out the Podcast, Newsletter and also follow us on all of our social media profiles for more biosciences updates.