Maharashtra State Eligibility Test 2019
The online application process for the Maharashtra State Eligibility Test 2019 will be open soon. For more details on the MH-SET Eligibility, Application, Deadline, Application Procedure and more is below. Interested candidates can check out all of the details on the same below:
This call expires in :
In accordance with the guidelines of the U.G.C., the Government of Maharashtra, Higher & Technical Education & Employment Department by their Resolution No. UGC-1391/2066/VS-4, dt: July 14, 1994, have nominated the University of Pune as the State Agency for conducting the State Eligibility Test (SET). The U.G.C. has accredited the SET examinations being held by the University of Pune as the State Agency of the Government of Maharashtra and at the Government of Goa.
It may further be specifically understood that such a candidate who qualifies the SET would only be held eligible for being appointed as Assistant Professor in University/ affiliated college, provided he/she fulfils other academic qualifications prescribed for Assistant Professor post by the U.G.C. and is selected by the respective Selection Committee. Unlike the NET/UGC-CSIR Combined Test the candidates who qualify the SET is only eligible for being selected as Assistant Professor and not for the award of Junior Research Fellowship (JRF). As per UGC guidelines, after June 2002, SET qualified candidates shall be eligible to apply for the post of Assistant Professor only in the Universities/Colleges belonging to the same state whose SET Examination they have cleared.
a) The candidates must have Master’s Degree recognized by U.G.C., in a subject of MH-SET. The candidates having Post Graduate diploma/certificate awarded by Indian University/Institute or Foreign degree/diploma/certificate awarded by the Foreign University/Institute should in their own interest, ascertain the equivalence *of their diploma/degree/certificate, with Master’s degree of recognized Indian Universities from the Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi (www.aiu.ac.in)
(* Such candidates who qualify MH-SET will be required to submit equivalence certificate from AIU, Immediately after the result of the MH-SET examination)
b) The candidates other than SC/ST/OBC/SBC/DT(VJ)/NT/SEBC/Trans-genders category, who have secured at least 55% marks (without gracing or rounding off ) in Master’s or equivalent examination, are eligible for this test. OBC/SBC/DT(VJ)/NT/SEBC [belonging to non-creamy layer] and SC/ST/PH/VH/Trans-genders(PH-Physically Handicapped, VH-Visually Handicapped i.e. Blind) category candidates who have secured at least 50% marks (without gracing or rounding off) in Master’s or equivalent examination are eligible for this test. The candidates belonging to DT(A)(VJ)/NT (B, C, D)/SBC/ SEBC must submit a valid category certificate recognized by the Govt. of Maharashtra & Goa. The OBC certificate will not be accepted in lieu of said categories ( The OBC certificate is accepted only at a national level for UGC-NET and UGC-CSIR NET in lieu of said categories).
c) The candidates who are studying in the first year of two years Masters Course or in first two semesters of a four-semester course of Master’s Degree are not eligible to appear for this test.
d) Candidates who are pursuing their Master’s degree or equivalent course or candidates who have appeared for their qualifying Master’s degree (final year) examination and whose result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for this test. However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible for Assistant Professor after they have passed their Master’s Degree or equivalent examination with at least 55% marks (50% marks in case of SC/ST/PH/VH/Trans-genders and BC/SBC/DT(A)/NT(B)/NT(C)/NT(D)/ SEBC [belonging to non-creamy layer ] such candidates must complete their Master’s Degree or equivalent examination within two years from the date of SMH-SETET result with required percentage of marks, failing which they shall be treated as disqualified.
e) The candidates of other States (other than Maharashtra & Goa) belonging to reserved categories shall be treated as Open category, as per the rules of the Maharashtra and Goa States.
f) Candidates can appear for MH-SET in the subject of their Post Graduation only e.g. Commerce: M.Com., Environmental Science: M.Sc. Env. Sci., Life Science: M.Sc. Life Science/Botany/Zoology/Microbiology/ Biotechnology etc., Home Science: M.Sc., M.A. Home Science (Refer Item No. 4 on page 06 in Prospectus, for the list of MH-SET and P.G. subjects).
g) Candidates should note that their candidature is provisional. It will be deemed final upon verification of eligibility documents with reference to the claims made in their application, after the result of the SET examination.
h) A candidate who has already qualified MH-SET in a subject, will not be allowed to appear again for MH-SET in the same subject. The candidates violating this rule will be liable for initiating legal action.
i) To apply for the MH-SET, there is no upper age limit.
j) As per the U.G.C. rules the candidates who have passed M.Sc. (by Research) are not eligible to appear for the MH-SET.
k) The MH-SET State Agency will not issue any mark sheet to qualified/not qualified candidates. Students should note that there is a provision for online verification of MH-SET result. The MH-SET Unit will issue e-certificate to qualified candidates only on verification of the Eligibility documents immediately after the result of the MH-SET examination.
- Open: 550.00
- OBC/SBC/DT(A)/NT(B)/NT(C)/NT(D)(Non-Creamy Layer Category Only)/SC/ST/PH/VH/SEBC (Socially And Educationally Backward Classes): 450.00
How to Apply:
Keep following things ready before filling Online Application form:
1. Student Image (Max size: 50kb JPG or JPEG File)
2. Signature Image (Max size: 30kb JPG or JPEG File)
3. SSC & HSC Certificate Number
4. Aadhaar Number
Procedure for submission of Application Form :
1. Please go through all the details like Important dates, Eligibility Criteria before filling up the online Application form for Maharashtra State Eligibility Test for Assistant Professor (MH-SET).
2. Before filling the actual Application Form you should fill User Registration Form with details such as your e-mail I.D. and date of birth etc. For filling User Registration Form, first, click on Apply Now link on Home page. Create your Username, now you can fill up the online MH-SET application form with user registration Email ID and Password. The Username & password will also be mailed to your specified Email ID for your reference. (Your provided Email ID for Registration will be your Username.) It is essential for the candidate to remember his/her Username and Password for further use.
a. After login using your registered Username & Password, click on Step 1: Fill Main Application Form and fill all the information carefully as per given instructions. You will require Certificate Number of SSC and HSC Examination while filling Online Application form.
b. Once you fill all the details, check all information is correct or not and then click on the “Submit” button.
c. You can see the preview of your filled Application form by clicking on Step 1 i.e. Fill Main Application Form.
d. After completing Step 1, system will generate the unique Application Number for your application.
e. After completing Step 1 click on Step 2: Upload Scanned Photo and Signature where you have to upload images i.e passport size photo (Max size: 50kb JPG or JPEG File) and Signature photo (Max size: 30kb JPG or JPEG File). Please check and confirm both images before uploading to the system.
f. After completing Step 2, click on Step 3: Payment and Print Application Form, where candidates may pay the examination fee either by credit/ debit card and Internet Banking.
i) Credit/ Debit card and Internet Banking: Only after successful transaction, you can take print of Application Form. Print of Application form will be of two pages, the first page is Application form and the second page is Online Payment Transaction Details.
g. Check whether you have printed all the 2 mentioned pages.
6. The print of Application Form should neither be sent to any Co-ordinating Center nor to SET Department, Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune.
7. Hall ticket will not be sent to the candidates by post. You have to take a printout of the Admit Card (Hall Ticket), by clicking “Print Hall Ticket” option by entering your Username and Password.
8. The candidate has to come with this Printout of the Admit card and Photo Identity Proof at the time of the MH-SET Examination.
- Commencement of online Application form: 01.02.2019
- Last date for Applying Online: 21.02.2019
- Last date for payment of Online Fee through Credit Card/Debit Card/Internet Banking: 21.02.2019
- Correction in particulars of Application Form on the website: 22.02.2019
- Last date of correction in particulars of Application Form on the website (No Requests for corrections in the Application Form shall be entertained after 28-02-2019): 28.02.2019
- Availability of Admit Card on the website: 13.06.2019
- Date of Examination: 23.06.2019
Online Forms for SET Examination 2019 will be starting on 1st February 2019
Editor’s Note: Maharashtra State Eligibility Test 2019 – MH-SET Eligibility, Application, Deadline, MH-SET 2019, State Eligibility Test 2019, Maharashtra SET 2019, MH State Eligibility Test 2019. Check out the Podcast, the Biotecnika Times Newsletter which are free subscription service. You can also check out the various social media platforms to be updated.