AcSIR – Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Summer Training Program 2019
The notification for the AcSIR – Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Summer Training Program 2019 is out. There are 20 fellowships up for grabs. This is an online application process. Interested candidates can check out all of the details on the eligibility, application procedure, selection process and important dates below:
This call expires in :
“You have to dream before your dreams can come true”.
– Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, one of the greatest scientific minds, a scholar-statesman and a true patriot who inspired millions of young and old alike by his works and deeds.
ABOUT SUMMER TRAINING PROGRAM
Summer Training Program at AcSIR provides an opportunity to spend one of your summers working at premier research Laboratories of CSIR with some of the leading scientists in India, in an environment which promotes trans-disciplinary research.
The program is supported/ funded by AcSIR through its AcSIR-Kalam Fellowship.
- Total number of Fellowships: 20*
- Duration: Two months; Between the months of May and August
- Amount of Fellowship: Rs. 25,000 per student for the duration of the program
(payable after successful completion of the training program and submission of project report to the Laboratory Coordinator)
- Travel allowance to the selected student: Reimbursable to a maximum of Rs. 5,000 per selected student
- This is a compulsorily Residential Program where the selected students would be required to stay on the campus of the respective CSIR Labs on a charge basis.
WHO CAN APPLY?
- First year of M.Sc program or equivalent: minimum first-class at pre-M.Sc degree level
- Third to the pre-final year of Integrated M.Sc program or equivalent: GPA 6.0 on a scale of 10 (up to IV Sem)
- First year of M.E/M.Tech program or equivalent: GPA 8.0 on a scale of 10 OR GPA 7.0 on a scale of 10 for CFTIs at B.E/B. Tech level or GATE Score ≥600 or NET (Engineering) Rank from 1 to 100
- Third year of B.E/ B.Tech program or equivalent: GPA 8.0 on a scale of 10 OR GPA 7.0 on a scale of 10 for CFTIs (up to IV Sem)
- Third to the pre-final year of Integrated M.E/M. Tech program or equivalent: GPA 8.0 on a scale of 10 OR GPA 7.0 on a scale of 10 for CFTIs (up to IV Sem) or GATE Score ≥600 or NET (Engineering) Rank from 1 to 100
- Screening will be primarily based on a Research Proposal and other screening criteria decided by the Committee.
- An applicant can give five preferences of CSIR Labs/Institutes.
- Shortlisted applicants will be intimated electronically
- Selection Interview will be held at a central location. Appearance at the interview is mandatory for consideration.
- Applicant may be allowed to participate through electronic media for the interview (Skype etc.) under specific request.
- Selection is purely based on merit/ performance at the selection interview.
- Food and lodging arrangements shall be made for applicants called for the interview only.
- The application form has to be completed in all aspects for consideration
- Multiple applications from the same applicant will result in cancellation of candidature
- All filled-in information should be supported by relevant documents at the time of selection interview
- Please visit the websites of participating CSIR Labs for information on their research areas
* Reservation shall be applicable as per GoI rules.
- Registration Start Date: Dec 22, 2018
- Application Closing Date:
Jan 01, 2019(updated to Jan 31, 2019)
- Shortlist Declaration: Mar 10, 2019
- Selection Interview: Apr 01, 2019
- Result Declaration: Apr 15, 2019
Editor’s Note: AcSIR – Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Summer Training Program 2019, APJ Abdul Kalam Summer Training Program 2019, AcSIR APJ Abdul Kalam Summer Training Program 2019, AcSIR Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Summer Training Program 2019. Make sure you check out the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and also, the Podcast that we have for free listen on SoundCloud.