PhD & MPhil Admissions 2018 @ Gauhati University
The application process for the MPhil and PhD Admissions 2018 at Gauhati University is now open. PhD and MPhil Admissions 2018 at Gauhati University is now open. Interested and eligible candidates check out all of the details on the same below, and you apply online for the admissions.
This call expires in :
- Entry to the Autumn Session of the PhD Programme and MPhil Programme of Gauhati University for the academic session 2018-19 (August 2018 into July 2019) is a two-tier Procedure
- The Central Application Procedure (CAP)
2. Completing the CAP Doesn’t guarantee entrance into the MPhil or PhD Programmes.
3. All candidates, including International Students, MUST go through the Central Application Procedure (CAP), no matter any fellowship they’ve through any strategy or some other research project (see below for exemptions). The CAP will be eased by means of this site using a dedicated Online Portal.
- Any individual with a Postgraduate Degree of GU or by any recognized university or institute at a topic from the Faculties of Arts, Science, Commerce, Management, Law, Technology, Fine Arts, Engineering, and Medicine or other professional areas of GU with less than 55 (fifty five) percentage of marks or equivalent grade in the concerned topic may apply for entrance into the MPhil or PhD programmes in the topic where the candidate gets the Masters Degree or in an allied topic. The minimal marks for SC/ST/OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) applicants or a differently-able candidate (with equivalent to or over 40% disability) is 50 percent or equal grade.
- In case of Medical Sciences, the rules of Medical Council of India/Indian Nursing Council/Rehabilitation Council of India/ recommendation of Faculty of Medicine for Clinical classes will likely be followed (where necessary).
- An applicant with an M.Ed. Degree may apply for PhD programme at the Education Department for research on a subject related to Education, Education System, Curriculum, Teaching Techniques, Educational Technology of the concerned topic, given the applicant has a Masters Degree in the concerned subject. In these situations, the applicant will need to appear at the entrance test (GU-RET), unless exempted, at the topic of the parent division and when admitted, the candidate might need to take a Co-Guide in the Education Department of GU.
- Pupils who have appeared or are appearing within their postgraduate final exams could also apply for entrance into the MPhil or PhD Programmes. However, such applicants will have to supply their results prior to the final choice list of successful applicants is ready by the concerned section.
- An applicant who’s at an agency (either temporary or permanent or part-time) ought to have a “No Objection Certificate” from the employer before entrance can be permitted.
- Prospective candidate can apply for either PhD or MPhil or both from the Available areas. Just 1 application is required for both MPhil or PhD or both. Vast majority of the subjects where a pupil can perform a PhD or MPhil in GU are closely connected to a couple of divisions. An applicant can pick a maximum of 2 options to appear in the GU-RET in 2 disciplines.
- Application fee is Rs.850.00 each topic + bank transaction fee.
- For admission eligibility, please see below. All candidates must pay the CAP fee after successful conclusion of this CAP. With no remittance of the charge, Admit Card for GU-RET 2018 won’t be issued. The fee ought to be paid through payment gateway only.
GU-RET (GU Research Eligibility Test) is the first screening test following the Central Application Process (CAP) for entrance to the MPhil and PhD Programmes of GU, unless a candidate qualifies for the exemption.
Different sections do provide fellowships for their own PhD scholars under different approaches. For information, please contact individual section. To visit a departmental page, please click the Disciplines link to the left sidebar.
|Sl. No.||Disciplines||Vacancy PhD||Vacancy MPhil|
|108.||Bioengineering & Technology||06||–|
Notice that if a section offers a fellowship, it’s simply after a scholar was admitted. The fellowship is practically NEVER pre-awarded. The scholars may again have to go through a selection process to get a fellowship.
PhD Fee Structure:
The CAP or Central Application Process will be available from 29th May, 2018 and will remain active till 07th June, 2018.
The GU-RET will be administered on Saturday, 30th June, 2018.
For any information on MPhil & PhD (Autumn Session) Admissions 2018-19, you can contact us over email to : [email protected]
Editor’s Note: mphil admissions 2018, phd admissions 2018, gauhati university mphil and phd admissions 2018, mphil and phd admissions 2018 iit gauhati. Check out the Biotecnika Times Newsletter – a free service that you can subscribe to by signing up just the once time. You can also follow us on all of our social media platforms.