While its history nears the century mark, MTR Foods stands tall as an Indian heritage brand. Today, a popular household name, MTR Foods has consolidated its market leadership in the south and is all set for a strong pan India presence, beginning with forays into the northern, western and eastern regions.
Job Title : Quality Control Executive (Microbiologist)
Location : Bengaluru Area, India
Job Responsibilities of QC Executive (Microbiologist):
Main Challenges in this Position:
- To ensure compliance of GLP requirements as per the Quality Management system.
- To check and verify the Raw materials and finished products quality before entering into the next step of production.
- To ensure all Lab reagents are available, properly budgeted and gainfully utilized.Follow work SOP & guidelines for analysis and their implementation.
- To regularize and improve the quality of MIS of all concerned areas.
Responsibility and Mandate:
- Responsible for microbiological analysis of the samples as per said procedure (FSSAI, BAM, IS, ISO, APHA).
- To ensure all Lab equipment are working and calibrated.
- Responsible for sampling for of raw materials as per SOP.
- Responsible to build/revisit quality plan.
- Responsible and Instrumental in analysis and releasing analysis report of approval and product development samples.
- Conducting Food Hygiene Audit as per HACCP at different customer locations and suggesting them for the improvement of food hygiene at workplace.
- Planning and conducting ILC / PT and maintaining relative documents.
- Maintenance of Standard reference cultures, Spiking and recovery of the cultures.
- Quality check of incoming media, reagents and other consumables.
- Monitor divisional hygiene by swab and environmental analysis.
- Reporting the deviations to QC Manager and building “QIPs” for continual improvement of the process & system.
- Responsible for audits compliance by various agencies including USFDA, CFIA, FSSAI, IS0 22000, HALAL, INDIAN ARMY, SPICES BOARD,VERTINARY CERTIFICATION, BRC, etc.
Main Tasks and/or Projects:
- Closely working with Intra Divisional customer for compliance of SOPs.
- Strong understanding on the agro origin raw materials, storage practices and varietal validation process to maintain consistency of the products from batch to batch.
- Effectively be a quality leader and help ensure “Quality” produce working closely with both Supply chain devision and Inventory Management devision, while actively communicating to the QC Manager.
- Build technical strengths in newer emerging technical areas on Food Safety in the category.
- Analytical skills in Laboratory for analysis of In-coming RMs and quick appraisal.
- Implementation of new approved analytical technics.
- Through knowledge about GLP, Documentation, 5s and Calibration.
Criteria for Evaluation:
- Systems developed.
- Compliance to systems.
- Audit corrections.
- Certifications obtained.
- Price of Non Conformance.
- Development of SOPs and GLP.
Education and Experience:
- M.Sc in Microbiology
- Experience of over 2-3 years in Quality Assurance in F&B co / NABL accridiated labs.
- Knowledge of Microbilogical analysis
- Setting standards : Quality / Design & adherence to SOPs.
- Passionate on acquiring knowledge on Food Safety,Process Innovation& Quality.
- Knowledge on FSMS, HACCP, ISO 17025.
- Managing the commercial testing laboratory as per ISO 17025
- Basic Physio-Chemical food analysis
Competence and Personality Traits:
- Interpersonal Skills.
- Systems and Process orientation.
- Detail oriented
- Analytical Skills