INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY DELHI
HAUZ KHAS, NEW DELHI-110016
ADMISSION TO POSTGRADUATE/PH.D. PROGRAMMES 2017-2018
Ph.D.: Depts: Appl. Mech., Biochem. Engg. & Biotech., Chem. Engg., Chemistry, Civil Engg., Comp. Sci. & Engg., Elect. Engg., Hum. & Soc. Sci., Management Studies, Maths, Mech. Engg., Physics, Text. Tech.
Centres : Appl. Res. in Electron., Atmos. Sci., Biomed. Engg., Energy Sudies, Ind. Tribology Machine Dynamics & Maint. Engg., Instr. Design & Dev., National Resource Centre for Value Education in Engineering, Polymer Sci. & Engg., Rural Dev. & Tech.
Schools: Amar Nath and Shashi Khosla School of Information Tech., Bharti School of Telecom. Tech. and Management, Kusuma School of Biological Sciences, Interdisciplinary Research Programme: Transportation Research & Injury Prevention Programme.
2. M. Tech.: Appl. Mech.: (1) Engg. Analysis and Design, Chem. Engg.: (1) Chemical Engg., Chemistry: (1) Molecular Engg.; Chemical Synthesis & Analysis, Civil: (1) Constr. Engg. & Management (2) Envir. Engg. & Management (3) Rock Engg. & Underground Structures (4) Geotechnical & Geoenvironmental Engg. (5) Stru. Engg. (6) Water Resources Engg., (7) Transportation Engg., Comp. Sc. & Engg.: (1) Comp. Sc. & Engg., Elect. Engg.: (1) Communs. Engg. (2) Comp. Tech. (3) Control & Automation. (4) Integr. Electro. & Circuits (5) Power Electro. Elect. Machine & Drives (6) Power Sys., Mech. Engg.: (1) Mechanical Design (2) Industrial Engg. (3) Production Engg. (4) Thermal Engg., Physics: (1) Appl. Optics (2) Solid State Materials, Text. Tech.: (1) Fibre Sc. & Tech. (2) Text. Engg (3) Text. Chemical Processing, CBME: (1) Biomedical Engg., CARE: (1) Radio Frequency Design and Tech., Atmospheric Sciences: (1) Atmospheric-Oceanic Science and Tech.
3. Interdisciplinary M. Tech.:– (1) Energy Studies (2) Ind. Tribology & Maint. Engg. (3) Opto-Electro. & Opt. Commun. (4) Polymer Sc. & Tech (5) VLSI Design Tools & Tech. (6) Telecomm. Tech. & Management (7) Instr. Tech.
4. M. S. (Res.): (1) Applied Mech. (2) Chem. Engg. (3) Biochem. Engg. & Biotech. (4) Comp. Sc. & Engg. (5) Elect. Engg. (6) Mech. Engg. (7) Civil Engg.(8) Amar Nath and Shashi Khosla School of Information Tech. (9) Bharti School of Telecom. Tech. and Management (10) Kusuma School of Biological Sciences. NB : M.Tech. Prog. will be 24 months for Full-time (FT) and 36 months for Part-time (PT). Admission to Ph. D., M. Tech. & M.S. (R ) can be on full time and Part-time basis, depending upon availability of seats.
5. M. Des. (4 Sem., FT only): Instrument Design & Development Centre.
6. Eligibility : A CGPA of 6.75 for General/OBC(6.25 for SC/ST/PH) on a 10 point scale or equivalent or 60% marks (55% for SC/ST/ PH) in aggregate (of all the years/semesters of the qualifying exam.). A relaxation in CGPA/marks to 6.25 (55%) is also available to those with M.A. Degree in English, for admission to Ph.D. in Humanities and Social Sciences. For admission to FT Ph.D./M. Tech./M.S. (R) programme, the qualifying GATE Score of a candidate wherever required should not be lower than the minimum prescribed viz. 300 for General/OBC and 200 for SC/ST/ PH candidates. For admission to M. Des. Programme the candidates are required to have a valid CEED score. For sponsored/part-time candidates, the details of minimum experience (Full Time) after qualifying degree and as on date of registration, are given in the information brochure. Note: (i) In respect of MA, M.Sc. and /or B.Tech. with 8.0 or above CGPA from IITs, qualification of a national exams. is waived off and (ii) students from CFTIs having CPI 7.00 (at 10.00 scale) at the end of 3rd year are also eligible with assistantship without qualifying GATE.
7. Application Procedure: Submission of Application is only through online. Candidates are NOT required to send hard copy of the application form and bank challan. Online submission of application form may be made by accessing the Institute website . Candidates belonging to General / OBC category are required to pay for each application form a fees of Rs. 200/- and the Candidates belonging to SC/ST/PH categories are required to pay Rs.50/-. The bank charges will be borne by the candidate.
8. Financial Assistance available for FT Ph.D./M. Tech./M. Des./M.S. (R) Students as per details given in the Information Brochure. SC/ST/PH students admitted to Postgraduate/Ph.D. Programmes are exempted from payment of tuition fee.
Foreign nationals are not eligible to apply against this advertisement
Important Dates :
|Submission of online application commences on||March 09, 2017 (12.00 Noon)|
|Last date for submission of online application and application fees||April 12, 2017 (04.00 P.M.)|
|Range of dates for Test / Interviews||May 15, 2017 to June 16, 2017|
|Date of Registration for new Students||July 21-22, 2017|
|Commencement of classes||July 24, 2017|