IISER Pune Summer Student Programme – 2018
If you are an undergraduate or in the first year of your post graduation and are looking for a short term summer research programme, then IISER Pune has announced applications, for the said programme for a duration of 4 to 8 weeks. Check out more details on the same below:
This call expires in :
IISER Pune invites applications from research oriented students to participate in its Summer Student Programme, 2018. Successful applicants will have an opportunity to participate in the research programmes of IISER-Pune faculty. Research activities in IISER-Pune span both theory and experiment in biology, chemistry, earth and climate science, humanities and social sciences, mathematics and physics with a strong focus on interdisciplinary research. These summer projects are also an opportunity for students to evaluate the suitability of various programmes at IISER-Pune (Integrated PhD and PhD) for future career choice.
This application form is meant for students of educational institutions other than those of IISER-Pune.
Summer projects selected through the Indian Academy of Science will not have to go through this registration process.
Eligibility & Requirements
- Students currently (at the time of application) studying in the
- 2nd, 3rd, or 4th year of B.Sc/B.Tech/B.E or equivalent
- 1st year of M.Sc/M.Tech or equivalent.
2. Minimum 60% (or equivalent) in overall grades, or 80% in the particular stream(s) of interest.
3. Selecting a project for application.
- browse the list of available projects and identify your project of interest
- You may go through the webpages of the faculty to confirm that your interests overlap, and to obtain an idea of their research methods.
- every project has a requirement in terms of knowledge and skills. Please do not apply for a project that you are not equipped to undertake. It will be a waste of your time
- If you need further technical information on the project, send a single email to the concerned faculty. Please do not send additional emails in the absence of a response.
- You may apply for up to 2 projects
4. Project duration: 4 – 8 weeks during the period May 15th – July 15th, 2018.
Applicants must use the web-based registration form on this page (scroll below) to apply for the summer programme
- IISER-Pune will support the selected summer students with a (free) room in the students’ hostel.
However, we are unable to provide any financial support to cover the cost of travel and boarding in the hostel mess (about Rs. 6000 per month)
- The performance of students will be evaluated at the end of the project and the same conveyed to their parent institute.
- Please do not contact, either by phone or by email, the concerned faculty for selection information after you have registered.
- Only the selected students will be informed by email by March 31st – therefore an incorrect email address in the form will result in a lost opportunity.
- Any query regarding this programme may be addressed to [email protected]
- Any problem with the web-based registration process may also be addressed to Ramana Athreya at [email protected]
Applicants must use the web-based registration form on this page (when it becomes available) to apply for the summer programme
Editor’s Note: If you want more such awesome notifications then make sure you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter. Looking for projects and internships, internships in india, summer research programs, summer research programmes in india, indian summer research programs, biology programs in india, short training programs, then check us out on all of our social media platfroms as well.