IISER Pune Summer Student Programme 2017
The Online Registration for the Programme is Now Open
The deadline for registration is 28th February 2017
IISER Pune invites applications from research oriented students to participate in its Summer Student Programme, 2017. Successful applicants will have an opportunity to participate in the research programmes of IISER-Pune faculty. Research activities in IISER-Pune span both theory and experiment in biology, chemistry, mathematics, physics and Earth sciences with a strong focus on interdisciplinary research. These summer projects are also an opportunity for students to evaluate the suitability of various programmes at IISER-Pune (Integrated PhD and PhD) for future career choice.
This application form is meant for students of educational institutions other than those of IISER-Pune. This web registration process is not meant for Summer fellows selected for IISER-Pune through other fellowship programmes like IASc and JNCASR.
Eligibility & Requirements
Students currently (at the time of application) studying in the :
- 2nd, 3rd, or 4th year of B.Sc/B.Tech/B.E or equivalent
- 1st year of M.Sc/M.Tech or equivalent.
Minimum 60% (or equivalent) in overall grades, or 80% in the particular stream(s) of interest.
Selecting a project for application :
- browse the list of available projects and identify your project of interest
Faculty not listed in the above list of available projects WILL NOT be offering any summer projects.
- Please do not contact them to ask for any projects.
- You may go through the webpages of the faculty to confirm that your interests overlap, and to obtain an idea of their research methods.
- Every project has a requirement in terms of knowledge and skills. Please do not apply for a project that you are not equipped to undertake. It will be a waste of your time.
- If you need further technical information on the project, send a single email to the concerned faculty.
- Please do not send additional emails in the absence of a response.
- You may apply for up to 2 projects
Project duration : 4 – 8 weeks during the period May 15th – July 15th, 2017.
Applicants must use the web-based registration form on this page (scroll below) to apply for the summer programme
- IISER-Pune will support the selected summer students with a (free) room in the students’ hostel.
However, we are unable to provide any financial support to cover the cost of travel and boarding in the hostel mess (about Rs. 6000 per month)
- The performance of students will be evaluated at the end of the project and the same conveyed to their parent institute.
- The results of the selection process will be conveyed to the students by March 31st
- Any query regarding this programme may be addressed to [email protected]
- Any problem with the web-based registration process may also be addressed to Ramana Athreya at [email protected]
- Please do not contact, either by phone or by email, the concerned faculty for selection information after you have registered.
* are mandatory fields
Complete the application process by clicking the submit button at the end of this page after filling in all the relevant fields.
- Make sure that your email address is correct and that it will be valid for the next 4 months. Since all contact is only through emails any error in the address will effectively disqualify your application.
- This application form is not meant for students of IISER-Pune and summer fellows of the Indian Academy of Science