JAWAHARLAL NEHRU UNIVERSITY
Admission Announcement : 2016-17
ADMISSION THROUGH ENTRANCE EXAMINATION
The University will hold Entrance Examination on May 16, 17, 18 and 19, 2016 for admission to various full-time programmes of study at the following 52 cities : Agartala, Ahmedabad, Aizawl, Allahabad, Amritsar, Bangalore, Bareilly, Bhubaneshwar, Calicut, Chandigarh, Chennai, Coimbatore, Dehradun, Delhi, Dimapur, Gangtok, Ghaziabad, Guwahati, Goa, Gorakhpur, Gwalior, Hyderabad, Imphal, Indore, Itanagar, Jaipur, Jammu, Jodhpur, Katihar, Kolkata, Lucknow, Madurai, Mumbai, Nagpur, Pant Nagar, Patna, Pondicherry, Pune, Raipur, Ranchi, Sambalpur, Secunderabad, Shillong, Shimla, Silchar, Siliguri, Srinagar, Thiruvananthapuram, Udaipur, Varanasi, Vijayawada and Visakhapatnam. In addition, the University will hold entrance examination at Kathmandu (Nepal). (The University reserves the right to change/cancel any centre of examination without assigning any reason.)
School Of Life Science
M.PHILJPH.D. IN AREAS OF INTERDISCIPLINARY RESEARCH IN MOLECULAR BIOLOGY, GENETIC ENGINEERING, PLANT BIOTECHNOLOGY, GENETICS, DEVELOPMENTAL BIOLOGY, CELL BIOLOGY, IMMUNOLOGY, NEUROBIOLOGY, MICROBIOLOGY, RADIATION AND CANCER BIOLOGY, BIO-PHYSICS AND STRUCTURAL BIOLOGY, ECOLOGY.
ELIGIBILITY : M.Sc. or equivalent degree, with at least 55% marks or equivalent grades, in Biological Sciences, Bioinformatics or Physical Sciences, as well as to those with M.B.B.S or M. Tech. or M.Sc. (Agriculture) or M. Sc. (Veterinary Sciences) degree with 55% marks. (B) M.Sc. in LIFE SCIENCES : Bachelor's (B. Sc. or B Tech or equivalent) in Biological, Physical or Agricultural Sciences or Biotechnology under the 10+2+3 pattern of education with at least 55% marks.
School Of Environmental Science
M.PHILJPH.D. IN ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCES INCLUDING THE PROGRAMME COMPRISES OF INTERDISCIPLINARY AREA OF i) PHYSICS, ii) GEOLOGY, iii) CHEMISTRY AND iv) BIOLOGY.
ELIGIBILITY : M.Sc. degree or equivalent in any branch of basic or applied science or B.E./ B.Tech./MBBS with minimum 55% marks. (B) M.Sc. in ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCES : AN INTERDISCIPLINARY PROGRAMME WITH STRONG ORIENTATION TOWARDS ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCES. CANDIDATES ARE DRAWN FROM RELEVANT DISCIPLINES OF PHYSICS, GEOLOGY, CHEMISTRY AND BIOLOGY. ELIGIBILITY : B.Sc. degree or equivalent in any branch of basic or applied science under 10+2+3 pattern of education or B.E./B.Tech./MBBS with at least 55% marks.
School Of Computational & Integrative Sciences
(A) PRE-PH.D/PH.D IN COMPUTATIONAL BIOLOGY AND BIOINFORMATICS
ELIGIBILITY: (a) Master's Degree in any branch of Sciences such as Biology, Chemistry, Bioinformatics, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Computer Science/MCA. (b) MBBS or BHMS or equivalent degree as recognized by Government Council such as MCI. (c) B.Tech or B.E. or equivalent degree in any branch of Engineering, B.Pharma degree or equivalent. Minimum requirement is 55% marks in the above examinations, Further Mathematics as a subject till Class XII is compulsory.
(B) INTEGRATED M.SC.-PH.D. PROGRAMME IN COMPUTATIONALAND INTEGRATIVE SCIENCES
ELIGIBILITY: A minimum of 55% marks in Bachelor's degree in any branch of Basic and Applied Science or Technology, including medicine and engineering disciplines. Candidates would be selected through an entrance examination followed by an interview of short-listed candidates.
SCHOOL OF BIOTECHNOLOGY
PRE-PH.D./PH.D. IN AREAS OF MOLECULAR BIOLOGY AND GENETIC ENGINEERING; TRANSCRIPTION CONTROL, GENE REGULATION; MOLECULAR BIOLOGY OF INFECTIOUS DISEASES, VACCINE DEVELOPMENT; PROTEIN ENGINEERING, PROTEIN STRUCTURE, STABILITY AND FOLDING; BIOCHEMICAL ENGINEERING, METABOLIC ENGINEERING AND BIOPROCESS TECHNOLOGY; TRANSCRIPTION AND HUMAN BIOLOGY; STRUCTURAL BIOLOGY AND BIOINFORMATICS; CELL SIGNALLING; CANCER BIOLOGY; MOLECULAR BASIS OF HUMAN VIRAL DISEASES; METAGENOMICS AND ENVIRONMENTAL BIOTECHNOLOGY; BIOTHERAPEUTICS PRODUCTION; MOLECULAR MODELING AND CH EM I N FORMATICS.
ELIGIBILITY : Master's Degree in Biotechnology, Biochemical Engineering, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics or any branch of Physical or Biological or Engineering Sciences or B.Tech.(Biotechnology/Bioengineering/allied qualifications) with atleast 55% marks.
CENTRE FOR MOLECULAR MEDICINE
(A) PRE-PH.D/PH.D IN AREAS OF MOLECULAR MEDICINE RELATED TO METABOLIC DISORDERS, INFECTIOUS AND NON-INFECTIOUS DISEASES AND DIAGNOSTICS.
ELIGIBILITY : Master's degree or Equivalent from recognized University /Institution in any branch of Biological Sciences / Chemical Sciences / MBBS/ BVSc/ B.Pharm with at least 55% marks.
(B) INTEGRATED M.SC.-PH.D PROGRAMME IN MOLECULAR MEDICINE
ELIGIBILITY : Bachelor's degree in any branch of Basic or Applied Sciences (including MBBS and BVSc.) from recognized Universities and Institutes with at least 55% marks.
FOREIGN NATIONALS: All foreign nationals present in India are required to appear in the Entrance Examination subject to their fulfilling minimum eligibility requirements as prescribed for Indian students as indicated under Category 'A' above. However, in the event of their selection, they will be considered for admission subject to equivalence of their degrees as per eligibility requirements.
RESERVATION OF SEATS : 27% seats are reserved for OBC candidates (non creamy layer). 15% and 7.5% of seats are reserved for SC/ST candidates respectively in all programmes of study. 3% seats are reserved for Person with Disability candidates (with a minimum of 40% disability). All SC, ST and Person with Disability candidates who have passed and/or are appearing in the qualifying examination are eligible to appear in the entrance examination irrespective of their percentage of marks. All OBC category (non creamy layer) candidates are eligible to 10% relaxation in the percentage of marks in the qualifying examination in relation to open category*. *This is subject to the approval of the Academic Council. Besides, all candidates who have passed qualifying examination prescribed for admission to the concerned programme of study from the identified backward districts, will be eligible for deprivation points. All Kashmiri Migrants and widows/wards of certain categories of Defence Personnel will be eligible for deprivation points* subject to their submitting a documentary evidence of their status (For details, refer to Chapter V of Prospectus). All female/transgender candidates are also eligible for deprivation points. Only those candidates will be eligible for deprivation points as stated above who seek admission through Entrance Examination. Certain Supernumerary seats for J&K candidates and wards of JNU Employees (Group C & D) are also offered (For details, refer to Chapter VA & VB of Prospectus). (*5% supernumerary seats are reserved as per Ministry of Defence letter No. 3547/AS9R)/94 dated 03.06.1994 subject to the approval of the Academic Council of the University.)
PLEASE NOTE THAT: There is a different Application Form for each Category i.e. Category 'A' and Category 'C' (Admission through Entrance Examination) and Category 'B' (Admission of JRF holders). Candidates should therefore clearly indicate on the self addressed envelope, the Category for which the Application Form is required by them. For admission through Entrance Examination under Category-A above and Certificate of Proficiency (Part-Time Programme) under Category-C above, candidates can opt upto a maximum of three Fields of Study in a single Application Form for the same level of Programmes i.e. COP(Part-Time) OR B.A. (Hons.) (1st Year) OR M.AJM.Sc./MCA OR M.Phil/Ph.D.,Pre-Ph.D./Ph.D., M.TechJ Ph.D., M.P.HJPh.D., and are not required to submit separate Application Forms for each field of study. In case a candidate submits more than one Application Form for the same level of programmes of study, his/her candidature will be rejected. However, this restriction will not apply to candidates who apply for JRF holders to M.Phil./Ph.D. and Pre-Ph.D./Ph.D. programmes under Category-B above and Diploma/Advanced Diploma of Proficiency (Part-Time Programmes) under Category-C above. Candidates are required to submit separate Application Form for each Field of Study for admission to B.A. (Hons.) 2nd Year under category A above, JRF holders to M.Phil/Ph.D. and Pre-Ph.DJPh.D. under Category-B above and for Diploma and Advanced Diploma (Part-Time) programmes under Category-C above.
HOW TO APPLY : A candidate can apply either "Online" or "Offline".
- Candidates can apply Online on payment of prescribed fee if they have access to a computer, a printer and Internet by logging on to JNU website www.jnu.ac.in.
- The sites have been designed in a 'user friendly' way to help candidates for applying Online in a step-by-step fashion. Online application portal will remain open from 4.00 p.m. (1ST) on 8th February, 2016 till 5:00 PM (IST) on 21st March, 2016.
Offline Application :
- Set of Application Form and Prospectus can be obtained through Post by sending crossed Bank Draft for Rs.300/- (Rs. Three Hundred only) drawn in favour of JAWAHARLAL NEHRU UNIVERSITY payble at NEW DELHI alongwith a self addressed (unstamped) envelope of the minimum size of 30 cms x 25 cms. clearly indicating the programme of study for which the Application Form is required on the self-addressed envelope to the SECTION OFFICER (ADMISSIONS), Room No.28, Administrative Block, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi 110067.
- Candidates seeking a set of Application Form and Prospectus from Nepal are required to send a Demand Draft of Rs.400/- or equivalent in US Dollars.
- Money Orders and Cheques are not accepted.
- PLEASE DO NOT SEND YOUR REQUEST FOR SET OF APPLICATION FORM AND PROSPECTUS THROUGH COURIER. PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE WILL BE NO CASH COUNTER FOR SALE OF SET OF APPLICATION FORM AND PROSPECTUS.
- BPL card holders will be issued a set of application form & prospectus free of cost on submissiion of a copy of the valid BPL card issued by the competent authority showing their name in the card.
- Start of Online Application Process : From 4:00 pm on 8th Feb 2016
- Closing of Online Application Process : Till 5:00 pm on 21st Match
- Start of issue of offline Application Forms(by Post) : 10th Feb 2016
- Last date for issue of offline Application Forms (by Post) : 10th march 2016
- Last date of submission of completed offline Application Form to reach JNU : 23rd March 2016
1. Candidates who are due to appear in respective qualifying examination prescribed for eligibility for admission to a particular programme are also eligible to appear in the entrance examination. In the event of their selection, they will be admitted only if their results of the qualifying examination are declared before 16th August, 2016 and they fulfil the minimum eligibility requirements as prescribed in the prospectus.
2. The University does not offer correspondence courses.
3. While the University, on its part, shall ensure timely despatch of Application Forms soon after receipt of the request from intending candidates, it will, however, not accept responsibility for any postal delay or irregularity or loss in postal transit.
4. Any dispute with regard to any matter relating to admission shall be subject to the jurisdiction of Delhi Courts only.
View More Jobs :