Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and approximately 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.
Job Title: Molecular Biology Scientist
Job ID: 31609BR
Location: India – Bangalore
- MS/MSc in life sciences (cell biology/molecular biology/biotechnology/biochemistry) with research (academic/industry) experience in the mentioned fields is a must.
- Candidate should have a thorough understanding of immunocytochemical and fluorescence microscopy techniques in mammalian cell and tissue systems.
- Working knowledge of basic biochemical, cellular & molecular biologic techniques is essential.
- Experience with image processing, image analysis, densitometric quantitation using relevant software, flow cytometry, Western blotting and technical writing skills is desired.
- Handling high throughput imaging systems, and experience with multiplexed immunophenotyping by flow cytometry, compensation settings, as well as publications in peer-reviewed journals is a bonus.
- The candidate would be working with a team on research projects using standard techniques and protocols.
- Responsible for designing experiments, data analysis and diligent maintenance of records
- Presenting data to a larger group on a regular basis and troubleshoot as needed.
- Attention to detail, ability to work in a fast paced environment and strict adherence to deadlines is essential