Project Jobs at CIAB – MSc, MTech Biotech, Biochem, Life Sciences & Microbiology Attend Walk-In
Job Posting: Project Associates
The Center of Innovative and Applied Bioprocessing (CIAB) is an autonomous national institute under the Department of Biotechnology (Govt. of India). Our mission is to advance knowledge, leads, and emerging technologies/processes relevant to the agri-food sector towards applications and products. We aim to link them with societal benefits through catalyzing/promoting entrepreneurial action around bioprocesses, bio-products, value-addition to bioproducts, etc., with special reference to the agri-food sector.
We are currently seeking two Project Associates to join us on a temporary research basis. The selected candidates will work on the project titled “Exploration of native microorganisms and biocatalysts from traditional fermented products of Sikkim Himalayas for the development of lactose-free and bioactive peptide-enriched milk-based functional products,” funded by the Department of Biotechnology (Government of India).
Position: Project Associates
Age Limit: 28 years (32 years for candidates with 2 years of research experience)
Project Title: Exploration of native microorganisms and biocatalysts from traditional fermented productsof Sikkim Himalayas for the development of lactose-free and bioactive peptide-enriched milk-based functional products
Funding: Department of Biotechnology (Government of India)
Duration of Project: Until 03 March 2024
Principal Investigator: Dr. Sudhir Pratap Singh, Scientist-D
- M.Sc. in Biotechnology / Biochemistry / Microbiology / Life Sciences from recognized University / Institute OR M.E. /M.Tech in Biotechnology from a recognized University/Institute.
- NET / GATE / any other relevant equivalent nature of test qualified.
- Preferably two years of research experience.
- Rs. 25,000/- + (HRA as admissible or Hostel facility, if available) for candidates without qualifications/experience at point (ii) & (iii)
- Rs. 31,000/- per month + (HRA as admissible or Hostel facility, if available) for candidates without qualifications/experience at point (iii)
- Rs. 35,000/- per month + (HRA as admissible or Hostel facility, if available) for candidates with all qualifications/experience conditions mentioned above.
Interested candidates may appear for a Walk-In-Interview on 04-10-2023. Please download and fill out the application form available on our website, www.ciab.res.in. Submit the duly filled application form at the time of registration from 09:00 AM to 10:30 AM on 04-10-2023. Please ensure your eligibility before applying, as ineligible candidates will not be interviewed.
- Incomplete and incorrectly formatted applications may be summarily rejected.
- These research opportunities are open only to Indian Nationals.
- The positions are based at Mohali, Punjab, but some work may be assigned to be carried out at outstations as well.
- The number of positions may vary.
- Relaxation of age for various categories (including woman candidates) shall be as per rules of DST and other Government of India agencies.
- If no suitable candidate is found in any area, no selection will be made in that case.
- No TA/DA etc. will be paid for attending the walk-in-interview.
- Candidates should bring their original documents for verification and one set of photocopies (for submission) of all relevant certificates related to education, experience, publications, thesis/dissertations, etc., at the time of the interview.
Keywords: Center of Innovative and Applied Bioprocessing, Project Associates, Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, Walk-In-Interview, Research Positions, Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Life Sciences, Temporary Research Basis, Fellowship, Stipendiary Basis. Project Jobs at CIAB – MSc, MTech Biotech, Biochem, Life Sciences & Microbiology Attend Walk-In. Please ensure you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of the latest industry news. Follow us on social media like Twitter, Telegram, Facebook