UGC Notice for PhD
--Must See--

Students should be wary of PhD programs offered online through EdTech companies and foreign universities, UGC issues Notice

In March 2022, the commission proposed amendments to the UGC regulations 2016 and suggested that 60 percent of PhD admissions would be filled up by students who had passed the UGC NET Exam or the UGC NET JRF exam. The remaining 40 percent would be filled through university entrance exams.

Today, October 28, 2022, the University Grants Commission, UGC, issued a warning to students regarding online PhD programmes offered by EduTech companies in conjunction with foreign universities and higher education institutions.

According to the UGC and AICTE’s s public notice, online PhD programmes provided by EduTech platforms are not legally recognized in India. In order for a PhD degree to be recognized here, the programme’s structure and regulations must be in accordance with those established by UGC.

The notice advised students and members of the public not to be deceived by advertisements for PhD online programmes offered by EduTech companies in conjunction with foreign educational institutions.

Students should make sure that the PhD programmes they are considering are legitimate and conform to UGC Regulations 2016 before registering.

According to UGC, all Indian

Higher Education Institutions must follow the Minimum Standards and Procedure for the Award of MPhil, PhD Degrees set by UGC (2016 Edition) for PhD Degrees.

In March 2022, the commission proposed amendments to the UGC regulations 2016 and instructed that 60% of PhD admissions should be filled through the UGC NET Exam or the UGC NET JRF exam, and the remaining 40% should be filled through university entrance exams.

Official Notice:

Shekhar Suman is the CEO & Managing Director of BioTecNika Info Labs Pvt Ltd, An avid reader who is passionate about Bio Sciences and has gifted us BioTecNika

1 COMMENT

Comments are closed.