Calcutta University Admissions PhD 2020 – Research Eligibility Test (RET) 2020
Calcutta University Admissions PhD 2020 – Research Eligibility Test (RET) 2020. PhD Admission 2020 at the Department of Genetics. Interested applicants can check out their eligibility and application procedure below:
This call expires in :
University of Calcutta
Department of Genetics, University College of Science,
Taraknath Palit Siksha Prangan, 35, Ballygunge Circular Road,
Kolkata 700 019
Applications are invited for admission to the PhD Programme in the Department of Genetics. Applicants willing to pursue research work leading subsequently to the PhD (Sc.) degree in Genetics, University of Calcutta, need to apply in plain paper in the format attached herewith (downloadable from University Website) to the Head of the Department and also send it to the email IDs: [email protected] as well as [email protected].
The qualified applicant will need to appear for an on-line written MCQ exam, the details of
which are appended below. Successful candidates will be called for an on-line interview where apart from answering fundamental questions, they are likewise expected to discuss their research interest/area based upon a Statement of Purpose (SoP). The applicant needs to submit an SoP, within 1000 words
Those candidates who have currently passed UGC-CSIR (JRF) NET/SET/SLET/ GATE/Teacher. Fellowship or equivalent examination or passed M.Phil/ M.Tech or equal exam need not appear for the written test. Nonetheless, they are to submit a complete application including the SoP.
Self-attested duplicates of all testimonials have to be sent by the candidate in addition to the application for it to be considered complete in all respects. Incomplete applications will certainly not be entertained.
Department of Genetics currently has 8 vacancies for which reservation policies would certainly follow as per the asset by the Higher Education Department, Govt. of West Bengal vide Notification no 07-Edn (U)/ IU-89/ 13 dated 2nd January 2014 [according to West Bengal State Greater Educational Institutions (Reservation in Admission) Act, 2013]
- Last date of submission of application: 28.08.2020 (by 5.30 pm).
- List of qualified candidates for written examination to be conveyed via email:
- Date of RET (written part) Exam (MCQ type: 50 questions: duration: 12 noon1pm): 01.09.2020.
- Date of declaration of results of the written part of RET (to be conveyed via email: ).
- Date of RET interview for successful candidates in the RET written part and likewise for.
the candidates that have actually currently cleared qualification tests like NET/SET/SLET/ GATE and also equivalent exams or those having M. Phil., or M.Tech.: 07.09.2020 (12 noon onwards).
- Date of declaration of the names of successful candidates will be notified in due.
The syllabus for RET written exam will certainly be fundamentally based on the current M.Sc. (Genetics) syllabus of the University of Calcutta (downloadable from university website). However, knowledge of Chemistry, as well as basics of computer applications, would likewise be tested.
Mode of exam:
- All the candidates appearing for RET will certainly be given a link via their email to join the Google Classroom created by the Department. Applicants will need a Gmail id for this purpose as well as they should join the Google Classroom with their full name.
- On 1st September 2020, all candidates must be on-line thirty minutes prior to the scheduled time of the RET written examination by joining the Google Classroom.
- A Google Meet link will certainly be provided in Google Classroom, whereby all the candidates will join Google Meet, keeping their video and audio on. The video along with the audio of all the candidates ought to remain on during the entire exam process. If we find video and/or audio of any type of Candidate is off, his/her candidature will be terminated. No outside intervention would certainly be permitted.
- The RET written question paper will certainly be an MCQ paper of 100 marks. There will be 50 questions, each carrying +2 for the correct answer as well as -1 for an incorrect answer; no marks will certainly be provided if not attempted. The period of this examination would be 1 hr. The link of the paper will be created via Google Form as well as the link will be given in Google Classroom two minutes before the scheduled time of the written exam.
- Applicants will certainly fill their particulars like name, address, and admission test number prior to answering the MCQ questions as well as submit the answer sheet within the stated time of the exam.
- The Google Form will certainly be downloaded by the faculties of the department and marks will certainly be given for RET written paper.
- The qualified candidates will be intimated on 3rd September 2020. The interview will certainly be conducted in Google Meet on 7th September 2020. The time of interview of each applicant will be informed through e-mail.
See Notification and Download Application Format From Below
Editor’s Note: Calcutta University Admissions PhD 2020 – Research Eligibility Test (RET) 2020. Please make sure that you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of all of the latest in the industry. Follow us on all of our social media like Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.