PGIMER PhD Admissions – Applications Invited
PGIMER PhD Admissions – Applications Invited. PGIMER Invites Applications through Online Procedure for PhD Admissions 2020 at PGIMER. Interested and eligible applicants can check out all of the details on the same below:
This Call Expires In :
ADMISSION NOTICE NO.06/2020
- Date of Uploading Prospectus and Registration Online Application through web portal: 16.4.2020
- Last Date for Registration of Online Application: 16.5.2020
- Date & Time of Online Exam (CBT): 14.6.2020 at 09:00 AM
Application Processing and Examination Fees:
* General/OBC Category: Rs. 1500/- Plus Transaction charges as applicable.
* SC/ST Category: Rs. 1200/- Plus Transaction charges as applicable.
Mode of Payment: Through Debit/Credit Card/Net Banking
All applicants are advised to read the Prospects and help Manual carefully before starting online registration and ensure that no column is left blank. In the event of rejection of the Applications Form, no correspondence/request for re- consideration, will be entertained. Applicants are also advised to download and take a print of the Registration Form.
They should retain a copy of Registration Form till the completion of Admission Process.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR Ph.D COURSES:
A Candidate seeking admission to the course forstudy leading to the award of a Degree of Doctor of Philosophy must possess at least one of the following qualifications:
Non Medical/Life Sciences/Social Behavioral Sciences
The candidates with the following qualifications will be eligible:
a) The candidates who have passed M.Sc/MA/Masters in Engineering or its
equivalent/examination with at least 60 % marks in the subjects mentioned below: from
the colleges/institutes recognized by the UGC are eligible.
Non Medical/Life Sciences
A degree of Master of Sciences (M.Sc) or Master in Veterinary Science (M.V.Sc.) or M.Sc.
(Laboratory Technology) or M.Sc (Speech & Hearing) in subjects allied to Medical Sciences
such as Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Biophysics, Human Biology, Molecular Biology,
Microbiology, Biotechnology, Immunology, Life Sciences including Botany, Zoology, Genetics, Cell Biology, Pharmacology, Pharmacy, Organic Chemistry, Anthropology & M.Sc (Human Genomics), ME/M.Tech.
b) Have qualified NET examination (with fellowship only) conducted by UGC, Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) examination conducted by, Joint CSIR-UGC NET for JRF, ICMR-JRF/ ICMR – SRF /DBT-JRF /DBT- SRF/Graduate aptitude test (GATE), INSPIRE fellowship /UGC-JRF/UGCSRF/CSIR – JRF/CSIR- SRF/DST – JRF/DST –SRF (within two years only). Attested copy of the result must be attached. If the candidate fails to produce the proof of his/her eligibility as per above qualification before one week of the entrance examination, his/her candidature will not be considered an entire responsibility for the same will lie on the candidate.
Candidates with the fellowship in the project from (Either independent or in Extramural
Project are NOT exempted from examinations.
PROCEDURE FOR APPLYING:
Before applying, the candidates are advised to go through the admission notice displayed at the PGI website and published in the press carefully. Fill in the application form online in accordance with the instructions. Please ensure that no column is left blank. Incomplete applications will not be considered and no correspondence will be entertained.
a) A list of the faculty members who are willing to take PhD students and how many seats are available under them is displayed on the PGI website i.e. www.pgimer.edu.in. The Annexure – 6 is required to be recommended specifically by the concerned faculty member.
b) Applicants for the Ph.D. course who have already fellowship, should choose a department and the faculty member (under whose guidance he/she desires to undergo PhD program) and indicate the same on the application form. Candidate can apply only in one department.
c) The guide will have the option to accept or not to accept the candidate, who opts to do PhD under that particular faculty member. The candidate may opt. only one faculty member.
d) The candidates carrying their own fellowship from various funding agencies and the In-service medical faculty of PGI will be exempted from the entrance tests and will appear for counselling directly
Please take printout of the duly filled Online Application Form by logging in with your login id and password. Affix the same passport size photograph (which was uploaded with the online form) on it. It is mandatory for all the PhD applicants to fill and submit the Annexure – 6 (placed below) (recommendations of the concerned faculty member of PGIMER, Chandigarh under whom he/she wants to pursue his/her PhD) along with print out of duly filled online form and required certificates in Room No. 308, 2nd Floor, Training Branch, Kairon Block, PGI, Chandigarh at least 15 days before the date of entrance exam. Applications without the requisite Annexure-6 will not be considered.
It is mandatory for the PhD applicants who wish to apply as Research Scheme Employees to fill the Annexure-5 (placed below). Necessary annexure are placed below
CATEGORIES OF CANDIDATES ELIGIBLE FOR REGISTRATION:
The following categories are eligible forregistration to PhDprogramme ofthe Institute:
- Candidates who are holding their own fellowship from, Joint CSIR-UGC NET for JRF, ICMR-JRF/ ICMR – SRF /DBT-JRF /DBT- SRF/Graduate aptitude test (GATE), INSPIRE fellowship /UGC-JRF/UGCSRF/CSIR – JRF/CSIR- SRF/DST – JRF/DST –SRF fellowship to undergo Ph.D. Programme.
- Candidates supported by the faculty of the Institute through respective faculty’s extramural project fund. Faculty has to ensure the support to the candidate through the entire period of PhD program (3-5 years). The candidate can do PhD only under the same faculty member who would support his/her candidature. The list of faculty members who have an extramural funding available and are keen to take PhD student, as per their entitlement under the relevant rules, is available on the PGI website. Limited PGI fellowships are available which will be awarded strictly on merit basis.
- In Service Candidates.
- Deputed/Sponsored candidates
* Candidates who have qualified in above said examinations at Sr. No. 1 will be exempted from the entrance examination.
* Candidates working under Central Govt./Semi Govt./Autonomous organization should submit their applications through proper channel i.e. employer. They will be required to submit a ‘No Objection Certificate” from their employer before they are allowed to join the Ph.D. Course.
* Applicants from PGIMER Staff for Ph. D. registration will be considered as in-service candidates as per guidelines laid down by PGIMER in this regard.
View Notification Below
View Brochure Below
Editor’s Note: PGIMER PhD Admissions – Applications Invited. Please make sure that you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of all of the latest in the industry. Follow us on all of our social media like Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.