MPhil & PhD Programme 2018-19 @ MDU, Rohtak
Maharshi Dayanand University, Rohtak has announced the call for applications for MPhil & PhD Programme 2018-19. MDU Rohtak has called for applications for MPhil & PhD Programme 2018-19. Interested and eligible candidates can check out all of the details on the same below:
This call expires in :
ELIGIBILITY AND PROCEDURE FOR ADMISSION TO PhD.
PROGRAMME AND AWARD OF UNIVERSITY RESEARCH
A candidate seeking admission to the course of PhD must satisfy the following
relevant academic criteria:
(a) Master’s degree with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent B
grade in UGC seven point scale in the subject concerned or in an allied
(d) M.Phil degree (regular mode only) or a recognized equivalent degree
beyond Master’s degree level with at least 55% marks or its equivalent B grade in UGC seven point scale in the subject concerned or allied subject.
Note: A relaxation of 5 marks from 55% to 50% or an equivalent relaxation of
the grade will be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST (Haryana
- The University shall make admissions to PhD programme through an
- Entrance Test will be of 100 marks and a candidate must secure
50%marks to qualify the same. In case of SC/ST of Haryana State/
Differently-abled candidates, a relaxation of 5 marks from 50 to 45% will
There will be no negative marking.
Note: The following categories of candidates are exempted from entrance test for
i. The candidates who have qualified UGC/CSIR/JRF/NET/GATE/GPAT or any other similar
examination/ SLET (Haryana State) as the case may be.
ii. Candidates who are teacher fellowship holders/awardee of the fellowship by the DST (INSPIRE), ICMR or any other equivalent national level fellowship
iii. Candidates who have passed Pre-Ph.D.course/M.Phil. fromM.D.University, Rohtak.
How to Apply for Admission to M.Phil./Ph.D. and Award of URS:
- The candidates are advised to read the Prospectus carefully before filling the online
Application Form. Incomplete application forms are liable to be rejected.
- General category candidates and Rs.150/- (for S.C./B.Ccandidates of Haryana only).
The S.C/ B.C candidates belonging to the States other than Haryana will be treated as
General Category candidates for all purposes. Separate application form for admission in each additional programme shall be filled after paying Rs.200/-(Rs.50/- for SC/BC. candidates of Haryana only) each.
- The candidate is required to pay an entrance fee of Rs.300/- for each test except for the programmes where the entrance test is common.
- All the candidates will be required to deposit processing charges/entrance fee through
e-challan of Axis Bank/Punjab National Bank.
- The self-attested copies of certificates/testimonials of all the examinations passed by the
candidate including certificates for claiming weight, if any, and latest Character
Certificate along with the computer generated application form should be submitted to
the concerned Department / Institute on or before the day of the interview. However, for M.Phil. Programme the candidates will submit the computer generated application forms along with all relevant documents to the concerned department at least three days before the display of merit list.
- Change in programme or category once opted for the purpose of admission, will not be
- The candidates of Life Sciences streams (except Food Tech., and Environment
Sciences and Forensic Science) who want to submit an additional application in the allied
subjects shall be required to fill up additional application form with an additional fee as
mentioned in the Prospectus. Since there is a common entrance test, the candidates are
not required to deposit an additional entrance fee in such cases. The computer-generated application forms for such subjects along with other relevant documents will be submitted in the Departments concerned on or before the day of the interview.
- The entrance test for PhD programme under the faculty of Life Sciences (except Food
Tech., Environment Sciences and Forensic Science) will be conducted by the
Department of Zoology.
- The last date for submission of online application form: 03.11.2018
- The last date for fee deposit in the bank: 05.11.2018
View Notification Below
Editor’s Note: mdu rohtak phd admissions 2018-19, mdu rohtak mphil admissions 2018-19, Maharshi Dayanand University, Rohtak MPhil & PhD Programme 2018-19, Maharshi Dayanand University PhD Programme 2018-19, Maharshi Dayanand University M.Phil Programme 2018-19. Make sure you check out the Biotecnika Times Newsletter.