Netaji Subhas-ICAR International Fellowships 2018-2019
30 fellowships are available for Indian and Overseas nationals at Netaji Subhas-ICAR International Fellowships 2018-2019. Netaji Subhas-ICAR International Fellowships 2018-2019, thirty fellowships are available for Indian and overseas candidates. Check out all of the details on the same below:
This call expires in :
In its continuous endeavors towards improving and managing the benchmarks, quality and relevance of higher agricultural education in the nation, the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) here-in-after, referred as the Council, has organized International Fellowships with double purpose for (I) human resource development in cutting edge advances, and (ii) exhibiting the quality of Indian farming framework abroad. The goal is to create skilled human resources that are prepared in the distinguished best research centers on the planet (for Indian competitors) and correspondingly uncover abroad contender to the best Indian Agricultural Universities (AUs) in the ICAR-AU framework (containing State Agricultural Universities, Central Agricultural University Imphal, ICAR-Deemed Universities, Allahabad Agricultural Institute-DU, Central Colleges having rural workforce) for making a pool of scientist-envoys for improved future co-activity.
Title: The fellowship is named as “Netaji Subhas – ICAR International Fellowship (NSICARIF)” and the awardee will be called “NS-ICAR International Fellow”.
The NS-ICARIFs are accessible to help Indian/Overseas nationals for seeking after doctoral degree in farming and associated sciences, in the distinguished prior areas, to the
- Indian contender for study abroad in the distinguished overseas Colleges/Institutions having solid research and teaching capabilities and
- Overseas candidates for studdy in the best Indian AUs in the ICAR-AUs framework.
For study in the identified institutions having strong research and teaching
capabilities and adequate strength in terms of faculty and infrastructure facilities, the NS
ICAR-IFs are tenable at:
- identified overseas institutions in case of Indian candidates and
- identified Indian Agricultural Universities (AUs) from ICAR-AU system in India
in case of overseas candidates.
Number of fellowships available every year for a programme leading to Ph.D.
degree under this scheme will be thirty (30). The allocation of fellowships between Indian
and Overseas candidates will depend upon the availability of good candidates in the
identified priority areas
- Master’s degree in agriculture/allied sciences with an Overall Grade Point Average
(OGPA) 6.60 out of 10.0 or 65% marks or equivalent will be the eligibility
requirement for the NS-ICARIFs
- The fresh candidates should not be more than 35 years of age on the last date
prescribed for receipt of applications. The upper age limit for In-service candidates
will be 40 years on the last date for receipt of applications.
- The notification for fellowship will contain the detailed eligibility requirements.
- Netaji Subhas- ICARIF would be available for both, fresh and in-service
candidates. However, the fresh candidates should have completed their qualifying
degree not more than two years before the specified date in the year of admission.
The in-service candidates from India should be employed in the ICAR-AU system.
- The Council will identify and announce the priority areas of research and the list of
institutions for admission, one year in advance, for availing the Netaji SubhasICAR
How to Apply:
- The candidate should submit an application for the fellowship, on-line, in the
- The area of study and the line of the proposed research work should be in the
identified priority area relevant to Indian/Global agriculture as identified by the
Council and the same shall be notified one year in advance.
- The applicant shall provide two references along with their contact Email
addresses, in support of his application, who may be directly contacted by the
Council for obtaining comments in the prescribed format on his candidature. One
of the two referees should preferably be his/her supervisor in the current occupation
(if employed) and one who is an expert in the area and well acquainted with the
- The applicants for the ICAR-IF must obtain at their own level, an acceptance of
their admission in the Ph.D. degree programmes with identified area of study at the
identified Indian AUs in case of overseas applicants and the identified overseas
institutions in case of Indian applicants. Such acceptance letters should preferably
be enclosed with the application for the fellowship.
- The candidates should satisfy themselves regarding admission and course
requirements of the university before identifying these as a place of study.
- Applications for NS-ICARIFs will be invited on annual basis through
announcements published in Indian national newspapers and the notification on
ICAR website “http://www.icar.org.in”. Indian diplomatic missions in foreign
countries will also be informed through e-mails.
Amount payable to the International fellowship candidates:
- Guidelines for Netaji Subhas – ICAR International Fellowships
- Priority Areas of Study
- List of Agricultural Universities in India
- Suggested Universities for study Abroad
- Application Form
Last date for receipt of application is June 15, 2018.
Editor’s Note: Make sure you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter – for more such awesome opportunities. You can also follow us on all of our social media platforms, like Twitter and Facebook. Download the app that is available for free download and compatible to all your Android and iOS phones.