DEPARTMENT OF BIOTECHNOLOGY
Ministry of Science & Technology, Govt of India
DBT – BIOINFORMATICS INDUSTRlAL TRAINING PROGRAMME (BIITP) 2017-18
BIITP is a programme of Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India, managed by Biotech Consortium India Limited (BCIL).The objective of BIITP is to provide an opportunity to bioinformatics students to acquire practical skills and experience by working on projects alongside industry experts as well as to provide an opportunity for the industry to identify potential employees.
DBT Invites online applications from the bioinformatics students and requisitions from biotech/bioinformatics companies.
Biotech Industry :
Biotech/Bioinformatics companies interested to provide hands on industrial training to the students of Bioinformatics under BIITP may apply online. The companies would have no obligation towards any payments to trainees. The companies would be paid bench fee to cover expenses towards training. Trainees would be provided to companies subject to availability.
Attn : Bioinformatics Students
Bioinformatics students interested in training in biotech / bioinformatics companies may apply online. Stipend of Rs. 10,000/- per month will be paid to candidates placed for training. The candidates will be selected for training through an interview.
a) B.E /B.Tech./M.Sc./M.Tech./Advanced Post Graduate Diploma in Bioinformatics from an Indian recognized university with minimum 55% marks or equivalent grade at highest degree/diploma completed in the year 2015 or 2016 are only eligible to apply.
b) The Advanced Post Graduate diploma should be of at least one year duration after graduation.
c) Students whose result of last semester/final year is not declared can also apply mentioning their marks upto the semester/year upto which result declared. The final result with original mark sheet(s) of all the semesters/years will have to be produced at the time of interview.
Application Procedure :
a) The application would be accepted online only. The form has to be filled within 20 minutes otherwise the page will expire. The last date for submission of online application is October 5, 2017.
b) The following documents must reach: Mr. Manoj Gupta, Manager, Biotech Consortium India Limited, 5th floor, Anuvrat Bhawan, 210, Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Marg, New Delhi-110002 latest by October 9, 2017.
i. A demand draft of Rs. 250/- in favour of “Biotech Consortium India Limited” payable at New Delhi towards non-refundable application fee. Please write your application ID, name, date of birth and mobile no. on the reverse side of the demand draft.
ii.Hard copy of the system generated acknowledgement of the application form submitted online.
iii.Self- attested photocopies of all marksheets and certificates of highest degree/diploma. In case of Advanced post graduate diploma, marksheets/certificates of graduation/post-graduation also need to be attached. For students appearing in the final examination in 2017, filled and signed certificate from Head of Department on the college/university letter head in the format available on our website.
c) The application form will not accept any special characters like: % > < / #, “etc.
d) It is mandatory to fill all fields. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
a) The candidates found eligible will be called for interview in different cities. The candidates may be called for interview in the city other than selected while filling application form.
b) The list of candidates found eligible for interview would be published on the website with details regarding venue, date and time. Individual intimation for interview would not be sent.
c) Outstation Candidates appearing for the interview will be paid to and fro travelling expenses equivalent to 2nd class train fare (non AC) by the shortest route, on production of tickets IN ORIGINAL
d) Candidates who wish to claim travel expenses are requested to bring 2 copies of tickets booked online or taken from the ticket window, to be attached with the claim form.
e) Ticket fares for premium tatkal will not be paid.
f) In case an outstation candidate appears for interview from a place other than as indicated in his/her original application, the reimbursement of fare would be limited to the place mentioned in application or place from where the candidate actually arrived, whichever is shorter.
g) Candidates will have to make their own arrangements for boarding and lodging while appearing for the interview.
h) Students who have already undergone training under BIITP or are employed are not eligible to apply.
i) Students appearing for interview will have to bring:
· Copy of dissertation/project work, if any
· Photo identification proof – Voter I‐card, Driving licence, Passport, PAN card etc.
· Final consolidated marksheet and provisional certificate.
- The tentative time of commencement of training will be December 2017.
- Filling up this form does not guarantee training under BIITP. The decision of the Selection Committee shall be final and binding. Training does not ensure permanent placement. Candidates interested in higher studies and research need not apply.
- Candidates will be required to join anywhere in India. Applications for change of location will not be entertained.
- Students placed for training will have to make their own arrangements for lodging & boarding. The company may/may not provide boarding/lodging facility on chargeable basis or help in finding accommodation.
- Candidates will be required to follow the rules and regulations of the trainer company. If the trainee leaves the training in between or is terminated, stipend would not be paid for the rest of the training period. Non serious candidates based on the feedback of company will be terminated without notice. If a trainee is terminated from a company due to unsatisfactory work or indiscipline or misconduct, the trainee would not be placed in any other company.
Important Dates :
- September 5th : Online Applications Portal Opens
- October 5th : Last Date of receipt of Online Applications
- October 9th : Last Date of receipt of documents
- October 16th : List of candidates shortlisted for interview will be displayed on website
- November 22nd : List of candidates selected for interview will be displayed on website
- December : Tentative time of commencement of training
In case of any queries send an email to [email protected]