Department of Biotechnology
Ministry of Science & Technology, Govt of India
DBT – BIOTECH INDUSTRIAL TRAINING PROGRAMME (BITP) 2017-18
DBT – BITP BCIL 2017 is a programme of Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Ministry of Science and
Technology, Government of India, managed by Biotech Consortium India. The objective of BITP is to provide an opportunity to biotech students to acquire practical skills and experience working on projects alongside industry experts as well as to provide an opportunity for the industry to identify potential employees. The training is for a period of six months during which stipend @ Rs.10,000/- per month is paid to trainees and bench fee is paid to companies to cover expenses towards training. DST invites applications from the biotech students and requisitions from the biotech companies.
Attention Biotech Industry for Biotech Industrial Training Programme
Biotech companies interested to provide hands on industrial training to the students of biotechnology under BITP may apply online. The companies would have no obligation towards any payments to trainees. For “Requisition Form” please visit www.bcil.nic.in/bitp2017/index.asp. Trainees will be provided to companies subject to availability.
Attention Biotechnology Students for Biotech Industrial Training Programme
Biotech students interested in training in biotech companies may apply onlinelatest by July 31, 2017. B.E /B.Tech /M.Sc /M.Tech /M.V.Sc./MBA in Biotechnology from Indian recognized
universities with minimum 50% marks or equivalent grade completed in the year 2016 or 2017 are eligible to apply. Candidates will be selected based on onllne test followed by interview. Online test would be conducted at centers across the country. For details about the programme and to fill the application form, please visit www.bcil.nic.in/bitp2017/index.asp.
Eligibility for Biotech Industrial Training Programme : B.E./B.Tech/M.Sc/M.Tech/M.V.Sc/MBA in Biotechnology, Molecular & Human Genetics, Molecular Biology & Biotechnology, Neuro-Science, Biochemical Engineering & Biotechnology, Bio-process Technology, General/Agricultural/Industrial/Marine/Medical/ Pharmaceutical/Environmental/Plant/Food/Animal Biotechnology from an Indian recognized university with minimum 50% marks or equivalent grade completed in the year 2016 or 2017 are only eligible to apply.
- The application would be accepted online only (For format, please refer at Annexure 1). Online registration will start on July 4, 2017 and the last date for submission of online application form is July 31, 2017. Follow the below steps:
- Go to the link http://www.bcil.nic.in/bitp2017/index.asp
- Click on “Application form for Students (New User)”
- Create an account by entering a new user id, password and re-entering password of your choice.
- You can view/edit your application form any time in your account by clicking on already registered users before the last date of submitting the application. But editing should not be done after sending the hardcopy of application and acknowledgement to BCIL.
Before applying Online, the candidates must possess the following:
(i) Scanned passport (pp) size photograph in JPEG format (Size upto 25kb)
(ii) Scanned Signature in JPEG format (Size upto 10 kb)
(iii) Demand draft number, date and bank name
(iv) Applicants Bank account details viz:
- Name as per bank account records:
- Name of bank:
- A/C No.:
- IFSC Code:
- The following documents are to be sent to Mr. Manoj Gupta, Manager, Biotech Consortium India Limited (BCIL), 5th floor, Anuvrat Bhavan, 210, Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Marg, New Delhi-110002 by speed post/courier.
- A demand draft of Rs. 500/- in favour of “BIOTECH CONSORTIUM INDIA LIMITED, NEW DELHI” towards non-refundable application fee. Please write your application id, name, date of birth and mobile no. on the reverse side of the demand draft.
- iHard copy of the system generated acknowledgement and application form submitted online.
- Self-attested copy of final mark sheet of the qualifying examination showing the cumulative percentage of marks of all semesters/years or equivalent CGPA. For students appearing in the final examination in 2017, filled and signed certificate on the college/HOD letter head in the format available on our website.
Last date of accepting the hardcopy of the documents for Biotech Industrial Training Programme is August 7, 2017. Applications received after the last date will not be entertained.
- Online Test:
- Candidates will be shortlisted through an online test. The shortlisted candidates will have to appear for an interview for final selection.
- Online test would be conducted at centers across the country (Please refer Annexure-2) on September 3, 2017 in 2-3 batches.
- Applicants have to select their test centre while filling the online application form. The no. of seats left in the centre of your choice will be displayed, if there is no seat available in the centre of your choice, you can select the other nearest centre.
- Students whose applications are found to be complete and eligible in all respects will be shortlisted for online test.
- List of the candidates eligible for online test will be displayed on the website on August 22, 2017.
- E-Hall tickets with online test date, time and venue will be sent to the candidates within one week before the test date via email.
- In case of clash of online test time with any other exam time, students could request to appear for test in another time slot available. The request for the same should be sent via email by August 28, 2017. Requests received after that will not be considered.
- No request for change of date of online test will be entertained
- No TA/DA will be paid to the students appearing for online test.
- The structure of the test is given in Annexure 3
- Syllabus for online test is same as the syllabus of M.Sc General Biotechnology (given on website of Department of Biotechnology (DBT).
For sample questions please visit http://www.bcil.nic.in/files/BITPonlinetest-SampleQuestions.pdf
- The candidates shortlisted through the online test will be called for interview in different cities. The candidates may be called for interview in the city other than the city selected while filling application form.
- The list of candidates shortlisted for interview would be published on the website on September 15, 2017 with details regarding venue, date and time. Individual intimation for interview would not be sent.
- The interviews will be held in September end-October 2017.
- Candidates appearing for the interview will be paid to and fro travelling expenses equivalent to 2nd class (sleeper) train fare by the shortest route, on production of tickets.
Candidates who wish to claim travel expenses are requested to bring 2 copies of tickets booked online or taken from the ticket window, to be attached with the claim form.
In case an outstation candidate appears for an interview from a place other than as indicated in his/her original application, the reimbursement of fare would be limited to the place mentioned in application or place from where the candidate actually arrived, whichever is nearer.
Candidates will have to make their own arrangements for boarding and lodging while appearing for the interview.
Students appearing for interview will have to bring:
- Copy of dissertation/project work, if any
- Photo identification proof – Voter I-card, Driving licence, Passport or PAN card
- Mark sheets of all semesters
- Final consolidated marksheet and provisional certificate.
The tentative time of commencement of training will be in December.
All correspondences related to the programme/joining from BCIL to candidate will be done by email. Kindly provide a valid email address in application form. BCIL will not be responsible for delivery failures to the invalid email ids provided by the candidate at the time of filling application form.
Filling up this form does not guarantee training under BITP. The decision of the selection committee shall be final and binding. Training does not ensure permanent placement.
The selected candidates can be placed for training anywhere in India. Though efforts would be made to place candidates for training near to their home town.
Candidates placed for training will have to make their own arrangements for lodging & boarding. The company may/may not provide boarding/lodging facility on chargeable basis or help in finding accommodation.
Candidates will be required to follow the rules and regulations of the trainer company. If the trainee leaves the training in between or is terminated, stipend would not be paid for the rest of the training period. Non-serious candidates based on the feedback of company will be terminated without notice. If a trainee is terminated from a company due to unsatisfactory work or indiscipline or misconduct, the trainee would not be placed in any other company.
Students who have already undergone training under BITP or are employed will not be eligible.
For any queries, kindly contact on below given numbers:
Phone Number: 011-23219064-67 (Ext:231, 241, 243, 245)
Timings: 10:00 am to 5:00 pm (Monday to Friday)
Or Email us at [email protected]
|July 4th||Portal open for filling online applications|
|July 31st||Last date for filling online applications|
|August 7th||Last date for receipt of documents|
|August 22nd||List of the candidates eligible for online test will be displayed on the website, www.bcil.nic.in.|
|September 3rd||Online test|
|September 15th||Results of online test, list of candidates shortlisted for Interview, venue, date and time of the interview will be displayed on website.|
|September end – October||Interviews for final selection of candidates|
|November 15th||List of candidates selected for training will be displayed on website.|
|December||Commencement of training.|
|December 31st||Close joinings|
Note: Biotech Industrial Training Programme Advertisement for Students from north eastern states will be published separately later
Portal for filling online application forms will be opened from July 4, 2017