No.F.S-1 /20 17- ES.3
Government of India
Ministry of Human Resource Development
Department of Higher Education
Online applications are invited from Indian nationals for the award of Chinese Government Scholarship 20 17 under India-China Cultural Exchange Program for the academic year 2017-18 for higher studies/research/specialized training in the following subject fields:
Qualifications and Age (as on 01.04.2017):
- Undergraduate programs: applicant must be a high school graduate under the age of 25
- Master’s programs: applicant must be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35
- Doctoral programs: applicant must be a master’s degree holder under the age of 40
- General Scholar program: applicant must be under the age of 45 and have completed at least two years of undergraduate study when applying for general scholar programs
- Senior Scholar programs: applicant must be master’s degree holder or an associate professor (or above) under the age of 50 when applying for senior scholar programs.
- Candidate must be having 60 percent mark in the required qualification.
- Note: The selected candidates may have to undergo Chinese Language study for one year prior to undertaking study in the areas of their choice.
Airfare: The Government of India will bear the International passage cost from India to China and back.
Submission of Online Application:
Application can be submitted on-line at http://proposal.sakshat.ac. in/scholarship by 01.04.2017
The study of Chinese Language Course of about one year is mandatory before starting study in relevant subject in Chinese Language. The medium of instructions/study in China is Chinese Language; hence the candidates must keep this fact in mind before sending application for Chinese Government Scholarship. No request for exemption or waiving of Chinese Language Course will be entertained after nomination/selection and application of applicant will be rejected summarily if he/she is not willing to study Chinese Language in China.
How To Apply:
The documents to be uploaded at the time of applying online at http://proposal.sakshat.ac.in/scholarship
- Self attested scanned copy of the mark-sheet, certificate, degrees, diploma, qualifying
- Where grades are mentioned, the candidate must upload the official explanation adopted by the University/Institution.
- Self attested copy of date of birth certificate/ class 10th certificate bearing date of birth or other equivalent documents.
Note: The size must be under 530 kb for a single file. Applicant can zip in case of more than one document to be uploaded. A zip file is treated as a single file and it must be under 530 kb in size.
- Equivalent foreign degree will be considered.
- Candidates who have already been abroad for study/research/training for more than six months at a time either on a scholarship or on their own, are eligible to apply only if they have been in India for at least two years after their return from abroad as on 01.04.2017. Applications of candidates who are abroad will not be considered.
- Candidates should have adequate knowledge of geographical situation, culture and heritage of China.
- Employed candidates must obtain No Objection Certificate’ from their employer. In case of
- Government servant, cadre clearance is a must.
- Candidates must give a write-up of his/her study plan or research proposal in English (a) 500 words for non-degree students and 800 words for postgraduate/Ph.D.
- Applicants, shortlisted for interview for Fine Arts, arc required to submit 4(four) copies of photograph and CD of their recent art work.
- Canvassing in any form & suppression of any fact in the application will disqualify the candidature of the applicant.
- Candidates who do not possess the essential qualifications need not apply.
THE DECISION OF SELECTION COMMITTEE SHALL BE FINAL. & NO REPRESENTATION IN THIS REGARD WILL BE ENTERTAINED.
THE FINAL SELECTION OF THE NOMINATED CANDIDATES RESTS WITH THE GOVERNMENT OF PEOPLE’S REPUBLIC OF CHINA
- Mere fulfillment of minimum requirements as laid down in the advertisement does not qualify a candidate for interview.
- The applicant in employment (to which he/she wishes to return) should have an assurance from his employer that he/she will be granted sufficient leave if he/she is awarded this scholarship during study period in China.
- All information regarding the date of interview of short listed applicants will be made available on MHRD’s website
- All communication to short listed applicants will be made on their registered email. It is advised that working email should be provided.
- It is mandatory for applicants to apply online also on http://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua or www.campuschina.org by 01 .04.2017. The candidates are required to produce a copy of the CSC application at the time of interview
Instructions of the CSC Online Application System for International Students
- Visit http://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua or www.campuschina,org and click “Application Online for International Students”.
- Read “Tips for online application” carefully before clicking “NEXT” to the registration page.
- Log in with your user name and password. For new user, please click “Create an account” for registration
- Fill in the correct Program Category and Agency Number. An Agency Number represents a specific application receiving agency and a correct choose of Program Category is necessary before filling in the Agency Number. Please make sure you fill it in correctly, otherwise you will not be able to continue your online application or your application will not be accepted.
- Your ‘ Program Category’ is: Type A and ‘Agency No.’ is 3561. Once the correct ‘Agency Number’ is entered, the name of the agency will automatically emerge.
- Fill in the Online Application Form and upload Supporting Documents truly, correctly and completely following the steps listed on the left of the page.
- Applicants are required to select a discipline before choosing their majors. Please refer to the Disciplines Index, which could be downloaded from Help, if you have any doubt about the disciplines and majors
- Check each part of your Application carefully before submitting it. Click Submit to submit your Application.
- You can make changes to your application by clicking Withdraw and Edit the Application on the top of the page. But make sure to submit it again by clicking Submit after finishing all the changes. Otherwise, the retrieved application will become invalid and your new application will not be received either.
- Download the completed Application Form by clicking Print the Application Form and print two hard copies.
- Prepare other supporting documents as required and send the full package of application documents (in duplicate) to the dispatching authorities.
- Please use Firefox or Internet Explorer (11.0). Menu selection functions may not work in other browsers. Only Chinese and English are accepted for the online application.
Last Date for submission of online application: 01.04.2017
Applications received after 01.04.2017 (05:00 PM) will not be entertained.