Office of the Director
DIRECTORATE OF ADMISSIONS
Kakatiya University, Warangal – 506009 (TS)
Ph.D. & M.Phil. Entrance Test – 2016-17
Ph.D. & M.Phil. Entrance Test -2015-16 and 2016-17 is being conducted by Kakatiya University for admission into Ph.D. & M.Phil. Programmes.
a. Ph.D. Program offered by it in different subjects in the faculties of Arts ,Commerce & Business Management, Education, Engineering & Technology, Law, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Science and Social Sciences (Annexure-1).
b. M.Phil. Program offered by Kakatiya University in the subjects viz.,Economics, History, Human Recourse Management, Political Science, Public Administration, Sociology,Telugu, English, Commerce & Business Management and Education (Annexure-2).
1. Eligibility Condition: To be eligible to appear for Ph.D & M.phil. Entrance Test being conducted by Kakatiya University in the subjects pertaining to faculties mentioned, the candidate must have passed the Master’s degree in the concerned subject with a minimum of 55% of marks (in case of SC/ST/PH candidates 50% of marks)
Note-1: The candidates who fulfill the above eligible criteria should only apply, if not , they will not be considered at the time of admissions in Ph.D. and M.Phil. even if they qualify in Entrance test.
Note-2: The candidates those pursuing post graduate degree and not completed are not eligible.
2. Test Pattern: The Ph.D. & M.Phil. Entrance Test 2015-16 and 2016-17 shall consist of one paper in the concerned subject with maximum marks of 100. The duration of the Test is 90 minutes (1 ½ hrs). The paper consists of 100 objective type questions (multiple choice only). The medium of Entrance Test is English except for language subjects.
3. Registration Process:
- The Registration Fee for Ph.D. is Rs.1000/- (in case of SC/ST/PH candidates Rs. 750/- only).
- The registration fee for M.Phil. is Rs.700/- (in case of SC/ST/PH candidates Rs. 500/-only).
- The procedure for payment of registration fee is available in the KU Websites: www.kakatiya.ac.in, www.kudoa.in
- Email : email@example.com
4. Syllabus for Entrance Test: The syllabus and model paper, in various subjects for Ph.D. & M.Phil. Entrance Test is available in the KU Websites: www.kakatiya.ac.in, www.kudoa.in and Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Qualifying Marks: The minimum marks for qualifying the M.Phil. and Ph.D. Test shall be 40% in case of open category candidates, 35% in case of BC Candidates and no qualifying marks in case of SC/ST/PH category candidates.
7. Rules and Regulations: The admission to M.Phil. & Ph.D. course is subject to the rules and regulations in force from time to time. Qualifying the M.Phil. & Ph.D. Entrance Test does not guarantee admission to M.Phil. & Ph.D. Programme. The admission to Ph.D Programme is subject to availability of vacancies with the Supervisors in the concerned departments.
8. Hall Ticket Procedure: The Hall Tickets will be made available in the KU Website: www.kakatiya.ac.in, www.kudoa.in and Email : email@example.com . The candidates have to download the Hall Tickets and affix a latest passport size photograph (which is exactly similar to the one uploaded in the Online Application) in the space provided and get it attested by Gazetted Officer / Principal of College. Without Hall Ticket, the candidate is not allowed to appear for Entrance Test.
- Online submission of Application Forms Commence from: 07-02-2017
- Last date for submission of Application Forms : 28-02-2017
- Last date for submission of Application with late fee Rs. 500/- : 10-03-2017
- Date of Entrance Test (PhD) : 25-03-2017