The Wellcome Trust/DBT India Alliance (IA; India Alliance) was officially launched on 9 September 2008 and registered as a charitable trust in India. The organisation is an equal partnership between the Wellcome Trust (UK) and the Department of Biotechnology (Government of India).
Position available : GRANTS ADVISER
- PhD in Life Science/Biological Sciences/similar areas
- Indian citizen or NRI/OCI willing to relocate to Hyderabad or New Delhi Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Ability to work to deadlines independently, and as part of a team
- Postdoctoral experience
- Administrative experience within the context of a research funding organisation or a university will be an asset (Training will be provided on the job)
The position requires:
- Ability to understand biomedical research proposals and identify appropriate peer reviewers Attention to detail
- Commitment to high standards
- A strong desire to develop and apply administrative and business process skills
- Ability to work in a team
Grants Advisers will be trained in the following areas:
- Handling a portfolio of research grant applications and awards
- Managing the processes associated with fellowship applications and funding
- Selecting referees and maintaining positive relationships with peer reviewers
- Liaising with the scientific community, developing positive relationships with applicants and grant holders
- Assisting in other activities of the organization as per need
You should be keen to work in a business environment with close links to scientific research. The India Alliance is an organization that provides an exceptional environment for innovation in science administration. We are committed to implementing the best global practices, which would help us meet our mandate.
The remuneration for this post will be based on qualifications and experience. A probationary period is envisioned where the chosen applicant will be trained on all IA grants processes and familiarized with their duties. Please apply only if you fulfil all the “Essential” requirements.
How to Apply :
To apply, please send the following to Ms Saritha Vincent ([email protected]) by March 31, 2016. Please ensure the subject line reads: “Application for Grants Adviser”.
- Your CV (limit 2 pages; Arial Font size 11)
- Cover letter stating why you are suitable for the position (limit 1 page; Arial Font size 11) Examples of written work (scientific papers do not qualify) Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further processing.
India Alliance reserves the right not to hire anyone or re-advertise if a suitable person is not found.