Ramalingaswami Re-entry Fellowship 2019-20 – Life Sciences & Biotech Apply
The official notification for the Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India, Ramalingaswami Re-entry Fellowship 2019-20 has been released. Indian Nationals who are abroad are encouraged to check out this golden opportunity and all of its details below:
This call expires in :
RAMALINGASWAMI RE-ENTRY FELLOWSHIP
MINISTRY OF SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
DEPARTMENT OF BIOTECHNOLOGY
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
Applications are solicited from Indian Nationals working in overseas research institutions for the “Ramalingaswami Re-entry Fellowship”, a Re-entry scheme of the Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India.
Aim of this Fellowship:
The scheme has been conceptualized with the aim of bringing highly skilled researchers (Indian Nationals) working overseas in various cutting-edge disciplines of Life Sciences/Biotechnology/Bio-engineering/Health Care, Agriculture/ Veterinary Sciences and All other allied regions by providing them with an attractive route to pursue their R&D interests in Indian institutions.
Who’s eligible to apply?
The applicant must have a Ph.D./M.D. or equal degree with an outstanding track record as reflected in publications and other recognitions as well as at least three years of postdoctoral research experience, of that last two years ought to be from an overseas lab. People who’ve already returned to India within a year of the final date of the Advertisement are also eligible.
Researchers up to 45 years old as determined by the closing date of application are eligible to apply.
Incentives of being a Ramalingaswami Fellow:
- This is a senior fellowship programme and awardees are to be considered equal To Assistant Professor/Scientist-D level position. Fellows chosen are entitled to take Up teaching/research assignments and supervising Doctoral/MS students.
- The scheme provides a consolidated monthly remuneration of Rs. 1,00,000/p.m.. In Addition, a House Rent Allowance of Rs. 18,500/- p.m. (consolidated) is given to fellows. If the host institute provides accommodation to the fellow, no House Rent Allowance is admissible. The fellowship is taxable according to Govt. of India rules.
- Fellows will receive a research/contingency grant of Rs.10.00 lakhs for the 1st & 2nd Year; Rs.7.50 lakhs for the 3rd & 4th year; Rs. 5.00 lakhs for 5th year for the purchase of consumables, minor equipment, domestic and international travel, engaging manpower and other contingent expenditure to be incurred for the implementation of the research proposal that’s part of the fellowship and Institutional overhead @Rs. 50,000/ year.
- DBT encourages host institutions to provide medical benefits, transport allowance, leave travel allowance and other benefits according to their prevailing norms as applicable to Their employees of the rank equal to Assistant Professor/Scientist D out of the Own resources/ funds.
- Fellows retain an option for drawing the fellowship or wages if they’re Appointed at a suitable permanent scientific position. Fellows opting for wages can Continue to get the study /contingency grant together with the previous approval of DBT.
- Ramalingaswami Re-entry Fellows could take up a fellowship at any of the scientific Institutes/universities/ applicable Industries in the nation. But, the application should be duly forwarded by the competent authority of the host Institute. Fellows can Change their host institute just once throughout the tenure of this fellowship with all the prior No Objection Certificate from the host institute who has forwarded the application [Director/Registrar/Vice-Chancellor/Dean/ CEO/ HR Head (in the case of industry) or as The case may be] and additionally with prior approval from DBT. Subsequent change will probably be Allowed when the fellow gets a permanent job in another Institute or on the case to case basis if needed.
- Candidate can submit their nomination through single host institute only. But, Institutions can nominate more than 1 candidate.
- Awardees are eligible to apply for research grants to any of the funding agencies Towards the accomplishment of the research proposal. However, the Co-PI Must Be a Permanent employee of the host institution.
Tenure of fellowship:
Fellows can draw fellowship for a term of five years. Fellowship is further extendable for Another 2 years on a fresh appraisal. Only fellowship & HRA will be admissible during Extension period. No research/contingency grant will be provided during the extension period. People that have the ability to secure permanent positions won’t be considered for 2nd term.
How to Apply:
Applications may be sent as per proforma downloadable from DBT Site (www.dbtindia.gov.in) duly forwarded by the competent authority to Dr. Kakali Dey Dasgupta, Scientist ‘E’, Department of Biotechnology, Block-2, 7th Floor, CGO Complex, Lodhi Road, New Delhi -110 003, equally as one hard copy as well as Soft copy (as a single PDF file only). The applications not forwarded by the host institution Won’t be considered. Soft copy to be mandatorily mailed at Email:- [email protected] latest by 31st October 2019.
View Notification & Download Application Format Below
Editor’s Note: Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India, Ramalingaswami Re-entry Fellowship 2019-20, DBT Ramalingaswami Re-entry Fellowship 2019-20, Ministry of Science & Technology Ramalingaswami Re-entry Fellowship 2019-20, Government of India, Ramalingaswami Re-entry Fellowship 2019-20202. Make sure you check out the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and also, the Podcast we have for free listen on SoundCloud.