DBT – Indo US Genome Editing (GETin) Studentship / Fellowship Program
Indian nationals are encouraged to apply for the Student Internship, Overseas Fellowship and Visiting Fellowship at DBT India – Indo U.S. Science & Technology Forum, IUSSTF Genome Engineering/Editing Technology (GETin). Check out all of the details on the same below:
This call expires in :
Genome Engineering/Editing Technology Initiative Program
Acknowledging the importance of strategies & methods in genome modification, as modern-day necessary tools for research and development, the Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Govt. Of India alongside the lndo-U.S. Science & Technology Forum (IUSSTF) announces a fellowship program between Indian Institutes and premier U.S. Universities, in important areas of Genome Engineering/ Editing Technology (GETin).
The program is open to individuals whose research work has an interface with
Genome Engineering / Editing Technology studies.
The Program is envisaged to:
- Provide an opportunity to best and brightest Indian scientists and students to gain access and exposure to world-class research facilities in leading U.S. institutions;
- Promote research and capacity building
- Encourage and motivate outstanding students to take up research as a career path;
- Create attractive avenues for skilled overseas researchers to pursue R&D in Indian or to mentor Indian scientist (s); and,
- Pave way for the next generation scientists and technologists from India to interact with American peers, at the frontline area of Genome Engineering / Editing Technology; consequently assisting build long-term R&D linkages and collaborations.
Program Modules and Qualification:
- Indian citizens currently pursuing PhD on a full-time basis in various forefront disciplines of biotechnology (agriculture, health sciences, bioengineering, biomedical, fundamental biology or allied fields) in a public-funded R&D Laboratory / S& T Institute / recognized academic institute /University/ College in India.
- For a period of up to 6 months
- Age: Up to 32 years as on 31 December 2019
- Indian citizens with PhD in Life Science, Biotechnology, Engineering or Technology, holding a regular position in public-funded R&D Lab / S&T Institution / recognized Universities/ Colleges in India.
- For a period of up to 5 weeks to 12 months
- Age: upward to 45 years as on 31 December 2019
- U.S. Faculty or Foreign Postdocs currently working in the U.S. (for at least two years) in a field having an interface with Genome Engineering/ Editing Technologies.
- Applicant should have Ph.D., M.D, M.S or equal degree with an outstanding track record as evident though publications and other recognitions
- For a period of 2-3 months
- Age: Up to 60 years as on 31 December 2019
• Monthly Stipend
• Contingency Allowance
• Health Insurance
How to Apply:
Dr. Onkar N. Tiwari
Department of Biotechnology, Govt. of India
CGO Complex, Lodhi Road. New Delhi-110003
Dr. Chaitali Bhattacharya
lndo-U.S. Science and Technology Forum
Fulbright House, 12 Hailey Road, New Delhi-110001
View Brochure Below
Editor’s Note: DBT – Indo US Genome Editing, DBT IUSSTF Fellowship, Indian Student Internship, Overseas Fellowship, Visiting Fellowship, IUSSTF GETin Program 2019, DBT India Fellowship, DBT India Student Internship. Check out the Biotecnika Times Newsletter – and subscribe to it, you can also follow us on all of our social media. And also check out the Podcast we have for free listen on SoundCloud.