IISER Kolkata PhD Admission 2020 – Biological Sciences Spring Semester
IISER Kolkata PhD Programme September 2020 Admissions announcement has been made. Online Application Portal is now open. Candidates with a Master’s Degree are eligible to apply Online. PhD Programmes in Biological Sciences is available. Check out all of the information below:
This call expires in :
Together with the dedicated high excellent teaching, the faculties of the Department of Biological Sciences of IISER Kolkata are actively engaged in solving varieties of research problems which range from basic sciences to applied sciences utilizing cutting edge technologies employing multidisciplinary approaches. For executing the various challenging research work, our PhD scholars are the main workforces. Located amid lush greenery and quiet environment, here, our students pursue their research carrier with loads of enthusiasm, perseverance and hard work under the caring guidance of their highly skilled and acclaimed faculties and eventually establish themselves in their professional field.
If you want to enrol yourself into our vibrant PhD programme at DBS and at some other departments with an interest in the interdisciplinary biological fields, please see the details below and behave appropriately.
Applications are invited from motivated candidates having master’s degree like M.Sc/MS/ME/M.Tech/MVSc/MSc(Ag) degree or equivalent (with minimum 55% marks) in:
- Any branch of biological sciences to pursue research in the broad fields of Cellular and Molecular biology, Cancer biology, Developmental biology, Structural biology, Chemical biology, Plant biology, Plant molecular and developmental biology, Plant genetics, Plant tissue culture, Behavioral biology and Ecology, Genetics, Marine biology, Neurobiology, Biodiversity, Microbiology, Biophysics, Bioinformatics, Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Food Technology, Physiology, Human Physiology, Medical Biotechnology and theoretical biology, Epigenetics and Chromatin Biology. Candidates from agricultural science (such as genetics and plant breeding) and nutritional science backgrounds are also encouraged to apply.
|Interdisciplinary Research Area||Preferred background of the student from other areas|
|Gene regulatory networks using plant signaling and genomics||Bioinformatics, Biostatistics, Statistics, Computer Application, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Analytical Chemistry|
|Structural biology, cryo-Electron Microscopy, Image processing, biophysics, molecular modeling, molecular dynamics simulations, biomolecular NMR, Structural Proteomics and imaging to portrait cancerous tissue, Clinical proteomics, Microbiome & Cancer||Biophysics/Biochemistry/Biotechnology/Physics/Chemistry/ Computer Science|
|Peptide based therapeutics, cancer nanomedicine, drug delivery, biomimetic chemistry, chemical biology, supramolecular chemistry, applied biomaterials, cancer biology, and regenerative nanomedicine||(i) MSc Chemistry having specialization in organic chemistry or MSc Chemistry with MSc project in the area of organic chemistry|
(ii) MSc Chemistry having specialization in Physical Chemistry or MSc Chemistry with MSc project in the area of computational chemistry and interested to work in the area of computational biology
|Neurobiology||Neuro-immunology, Neural stem cell neology, Neuro-Virology, Neuropathology, Neuro-Computational Modelling, Neuro-Structural Biology, Neuro-oncology|
|Mechano-biology employing fluorescence imaging, interference reflection microscopy, PDMS based cell stretching, micro patterning, optical trapping, traction force microscopy, image/data Analysis||Physics/Biophysics/Chemistry/Biochemistry/Chemical Engineering/Mechanical Engineering/Computer Science|
|Computational Biology||A Master’s degree, with minimum 55% marks or CGPA/CPI of 6.5 on a 10-point scale, in any field of Applied Mathematics, Applied Statistics, Bio-technology, Computer Science, Physics, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Statistics|
|Epigenetics, chromatin biology, unnatural amino acid biology, proteomics, homology modeling, molecular docking, molecular dynamics simulations||Biochemistry/Biotechnology/Biophysical chemistry|
|Theoretical and Computational Biophysics (Modeling of cell motion, biological random processes, intracellular transport etc.)||Master’s degree in physics/applied mathematics/applied statistics/computer science/Bio-technology/any engineering field with 55% marks or CGPA/CPI of 6.00/10. Experience of programming in C/C++/FORTRAN/Matlab will be a plus point.|
Candidates financed through a valid fellowship such as UGC/CSIR-NET JRF, DBT-JRF, ICMR-JRF, BINC, INSPIRE or alternative equal fellowships are strongly urged to apply.
Additionally, multiple project and institute funded fellowships are available: See below for information:
Institute-funded PhD student(s)
1. One institute financed PhD fellowship is available for students interested to work in the field of Stem Cell Biology.
Qualifications: MS/M. Sc/M.Tech in Life Sciences/Biochemistry/ Biotechnology/Physiology with a minimum of 60% marks. Candidate needs to have qualified NET-LS/JGEEBILS/GATE. Desirable Qualifications: A keen interest in cell biology and microscopy; working expertise in wet laboratory/cell culture/molecular biology methods. Candidates must clearly mention their area of interest within their SOP.
* Please be aware that meeting the minimum essential criteria doesn’t guarantee that a candidate is going to be called for the interview. Added short-listing standards may be set by the department according to academic records, experience and research interest of their candidates.
The profiles of those faculty members of this department can found from the following URL: Click Here
For any additional query email us at:
Dept. of Biological Sciences – [email protected]
- PhD application portal opens: 09.09.2019
- Application portal closes: 13.10.2019
- Publication of shortlisting for interview: 22.10.2019
- Tentative Interview dates: 15 Nov to 30 Nov 2019
- Publication of PhD interview results: 05 Dec 2019
- Preregistration portal opens: 05 Dec 2019
- Preregistration deadline: 19.12.2019
- PhD Registration: 01.01.2020
Editor’s Note: IISER Kolkata PhD Admission 2020 – Biological Sciences Spring Semester, IISER Kolkata Admissions 2020, Spring Admission PhD 2020, IISER Kolkata PhD Admissions Spring 2019, IISER Kolkata Spring Admissions 2020. Make sure you are following and subscribed to the Biotecnika YouTube channel and also subscribed to our free Newsletter – Biotecnika Times.