University of Mysore PGD In Personalized Genomic Medicine Course 2019-20
University of Mysore (UOM) invites applications for Post Graduate Diploma In Personalized Genomic Medicine 2019-20. Interested applicants can check out all of the details regarding the same below:
UNIVERSITY OF MYSORE
DEPARTMENT OF STUDIES IN GENETICS & GENOMICS
”POST-GRADUATE DIPLOMA IN PERSONALIZED
G E N O M I C M E D I C I N E ”
DBT Sponsored Skill Development Program
APPLICATION FORM FOR ADMISSION TO POST GRADUATE
DIPLOMA IN PERSONALIZED GENOMIC MEDICINE COURSE 2019-2020
Knowledge of genomics and its applications is in the front-line of addressing complex health conditions at personalized levels. Decoding individual genomes and their variations is vital for precision medicine. The course offered is aimed to provide participants with advanced knowledge of genomics, overview of the clinical applications of genomic medicine, the skills to evaluate the clinical validity, utility of new tests, and an appreciation of the associated ethical and social issues inherent to this field. This program is designed to be succinct and clinically focused, offering both conceptual and practical information about real-world appfications of genomics.
TO IMPART EXTENSIVE THEORETICAL AND PRACTICAL KNOWLEDGE
REQUIRED FOR GENOMIC PERSONALIZED PRECISION MEDICINE
TO CREATE AND TRAIN SCIENTIFIC WORKFORCE
TO MEET THE GROWING PACE OF NEXT-GENERATION SEQUENCING (NGSJ IN CLINICAL GENOMICS
TO TRAIN AND CONDUCT RESEARCH
ON VALID CLINICAL SUBJECTS
• Post-Graduate in Medical Science
• Post-Graduate in Zoology/Biochemistry/Molecular Biology/Applied Zoology/ Bioinformatics / Genetics/Applied Genetics/Biotechnology
• MTech in Biotechnology
Mode of Selection: Entrance Test
No.of seats: 12
Rs. 50,000 Rs 30,000/
Stipend: Rs. 10,000/month
Duration: 12 months
- Applicants are required to be fully conversant with the Prospectus which contains Rules of admission, Instructions to candidates etc., before filling up the application.
- Eligibility for Admission: Post-graduate in Medical Science (MD) / MSc in Zoology/Biochemistry/Molecular Biology/Applied Zoology/ Bioinformatics / Genetics/Applied Genetics/Biotechnology/MD/ M.Tech in Biotechnology.
- Applicants with above post-graduate degree must appear for the entrance exam.
- Selection will be purely based on the entrance exam marks.
- Admission Fee:
Rs. 50,000Rs. 30,000/-.(can be paid in two instalments)
- Studentship (Stipend): Rs. 10,000/p.m for 12 months.
- Total number of seats: 12.
- Duration of the course: 12 months.
- The filled in application form along the copies of the necessary documents and a DD for Rs. 1,100/- in favor of Finance Officer, University of Mysore should be sent to The Chairman, Department of Studies in Genetics and Genomics, Manasagangothri, Mysuru – 570006.
- Guidelines for admission shall be available at www.uni-mysore.ac.in
GUIDELINES FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING ADMISSION FOR PG DIPLOMA IN PERSONALIZED GENOMIC MEDICINE COURSE 2019-20.
The interested eligible candidate are expected to
- Download the application form here www.uni-mysore.ac.in
- Fill the downloaded application form.
- Send the filled application form along with necessary documents and a DD for Rs. 1100/
- The DD should be in favour of Finance Officer, University of Mysore.
- The last date for submission of filled application form is 19.10.2019.
- The application form should be sent to the following address.
Department of Studies in Genetics and Genomics,
Mysuru – 570006.
|Advertisement to Apply for PGDPGM Admission||30-08-2019 (Friday)|
|Application for Admission||02-09-2019 (Monday) to 19-10-2019 (Saturday)|
|Entrance Exam (11.00 to 12.00)||20-10-2019 (Sunday)|
|Result of Exam||21-10-2019 (Monday)|
|Merit cum Roster List Announcement||21-09-2019 (Monday) (5:00 PM)|
|Admission for First List||22-10-2019 (Tuesday) & 23-10-2019 (Wednesday)|
|Admission for Waiting List||24-10-2019 (Thursday)|
|Classes Start||02-11-2019 (Tuesday)|
Admission starts from 1st September 2019
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
OFFICE OF DEPARTMENT OF STUDIES IN GENETICS AND GENOMICS or write to [email protected]
Contact No: 9880033687
Click here to View / Download Post-graduate Diploma Program in Personalized Genomic Medicine Syllabus
Click here to View / Download Post-graduate Diploma Program in Personalized Genomic Medicine Entrance Examination Syllabus
View Notification Below
View Guidelines Below
Download Application Format From Below
Editor’s Note: University of Mysore PGD, University of Mysore Post Graduate Diploma In Personalized Genomic Medicine 2019-20, University of Mysore Post Graduate Diploma In Personalized Genomic Medicine Course 2019-20. Make sure that you check out the Biotecnika Times Newsletter for more details on the same.