The centre which was started by ICMR basically to solve problems in blood banking, slowly branched out successfully to initiate research in various other related areas of immunohaematology viz. biochemical genetics , red cell enzymopathies and hemoglobinopathies , population genetics, antenatal serology, Immunology, HLA etc. In the first twenty five years, using limited space, limited resources and budget, talented and highly enthusiastic young scientists from the center under the guidance of dynamic stalwarts Dr. H M Bhatia and Dr. A J Baxi could produce as many as 271 publications of which 71 were published in prestigious international journals. The centre had many discoveries to it’s credit. Seeing this progress, ICMR decided to rechristen BGRC as ‘Institute of Immunohaematolgy’ at the time of the Silver Jubilee Celebrations of the Institute in 1982 to accommodate all the departments of the centre under one roof .
Job Title : Technical Assistant
No. of Posts : Three(Reserved for UR-1, SC-1 & OBC-1)
Qualification : B.S.c.in Biochemistry / Life Sciences / Microbiology with D.M.L.T. & Two year Research experience as Lab. Technician / Technician ‘C’. Or Three years graduate in relevant subject with 2 years Diploma in Medical Lab. Technology from a recognized University Institute.
1. M.Sc. in Biostatistics/Bioinformation / Life Sciences / Microbiology
2. Knowledge of Computer Application and Scientific data management
Job Requirements : To assist in Research activity & referral services of institute.
Pay scale : PB -2- Rs. 9300-34800+GP Rs. 4200
Age Limit : Below 30 years Relaxable
Up to 5 years for Government servants and for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC candidates in accordance with the instructions issued by the Department of Personnel and Training from time to time in this regard. However, the prescribed age may be further relaxed in exceptional cases for experienced & qualified candidates.
GENERAL CONDITIONS :-
1. Appointment will be made on the basis of result of competitive test and interview
2. The incumbent will be governed by the new restructured defined contributory Pension system as per the provision contained in the Ministry of Finance, Department of Economic Affairs (ECB & PR Division) Notification No. 5/7/2003-ECB & PR dated 22.12.2003 effective from 1.1.2004.
3. The post is temporary but likely to be continued.
4. The incumbent will be governed by rules and regulation of ICMR/GOI
Last Date to Apply : 20.05.2016
How to Apply :
1) Application form, Detailed instruction be downloaded from NIIH website and other information can be obtained from ICMR’s website www.niih.org.in and ICMR website : www.icmr.nic.in.
2) Application forms duly completed in all respects and signed by the applicant along with copies of relevant enclosures should be sent to the Director, National Institute of Immunohaematology,13th Floor. New Multistored Building K.E.M. Hospital Campus Parel, Mumbai 400 012, on or before the closing date (20.05.2016 up to 5.00 p.m.)
3) Candidates (other than exempted) may pay the application fee of Rs.100/- in the form of crossed Demand Draft drawn in favour of Director National Institute of Immunohaematology, Mumbai payable at Mumbai Physically Handicapped candidates and woman candidates are exempted from the payment. Fees is payable by all other candidates including ICMR employees. Indian Scientists working abroad are exempted from application fee.
Documents to be enclosed with the application from (copies attested by Gazetted Officer)
- Proof of Date of Birth
- Educational qualification
- Demand Draft for Application fee
- Caste certificate 6. PH certificate (if applicable)
Employees working under the control of Central/State/Semi Government & Government controlled undertakings should apply through proper channel.