Free Bioinformatics Tools Online – Top 10 Best Free Bioinformatics Tools
For today’s video, we will look at the top 10 bioinformatics tools that all budding bioinformaticians should be aware of.
Bioinformatics Databases – We are looking at publically available databases namely NCBI, EMBL, DDBJ and SIB. These are information repositories where you will get information about the genes, transcription factors, proteins, promoters etc.
Literature Mining/Data Mining – We are looking at tools such as Google Scholar, PubMed by NCBI (World’s largest database) and Science Direct.
Sequence Search & Analysis – BLAST is a fantastic tool created by NCBI. This tool helps to align and match sequences.
KEGG and Pathway Analysis – KEGG is a Japanese database (the world’s largest metabolic database) These are important for understanding pathways
Swiss Target Prediction – Helps in analyzing data such as protein or ligand molecule.
ADMET Analysis – Helps to predict how drug molecules behave in a system.
Functional Network Analysis – Helps to understand interactions between proteins.
Protein Data Bank (PDB) – Huge repository of protein enumerated by spectrometry.
Cheminformatics – Helps design a ligand molecule.
Molecular Docking –
Top 10 FREE Bioinformatics Online Tools With Links –
- NCBI – https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/
- EMBL – https://www.embl.org/
- DDBJ – https://www.ddbj.nig.ac.jp/
- SIB – https://www.sib.swiss/
- Google Scholar – https://scholar.google.com/
- PubMed – https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/
- Science Direct – https://www.sciencedirect.com/
Sequence Search & Analysis Tools
- BLAST – https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/blast/
- KEGG & Pathway Analysis – https://www.genome.jp/kegg/pathway.html
- Swiss Target Prediction – http://www.swisstargetprediction.ch/
- ADMET Analysis – http://www.swissadme.ch/
- Functional Network Analysis – https://string-db.org/
- Protein Data Bank (PDB) – https://www.rcsb.org/
- Cheminformatics – https://www.molinspiration.com/
- Molecular Docking – https://bioinfo3d.cs.tau.ac.il/PatchDock/
Let us know in the comment section if you liked the video and don’t forget to subscribe to the channel for more effective videos.
Join Telegram Group for the latest updates on Jobs, Notes, PDFs, and Exam – https://t.me/biotecnika
Download Biotecnika App – https://btnk.org/app
Call TOLL-FREE – 1800-1200-1818 For More Details
Visit Biotecnika Stores – https://stores.biotecnika.org/
Click here for Bioinformatics Methods & Tools Master Course
Click here for Bioinformatics Online Internship – Basics course
- Flow charts
- Koncept Tables
- Lecture Videos
- Question Discussion
- Doubt Solving
Join Josh Batch For December 2022 Starting on 6th June
Chat with us to Book your seat Today
Get a FREE Computational Biology Virtual Internship opportunity,
JCB Scholarships for Talented candidates,
FREE Koncept Notes, and Much more…