CMC Vellore International Symposium on Bone Marrow Failure Disorders
Christian Medical College, Vellore has the privilege to host the 1st International Symposium on Bone Marrow Failure Disorders (IBMFS – 2020). It is with great pleasure that we invite you to participate in this symposium to be held on February 3rd & 4th, 2020. The event will be held at Scudder Auditorium, Bagayam Campus, Vellore.
This Call Expires in :
3rd and 4th of February, 2020
Christian Medical College Vellore
Progress in the field of bone marrow failure disorders has been exponential over the last decade, and we anticipate that through this symposium, attendees will have the opportunity to be exposed to the recent advances in this field, especially keeping in focus what is relevant and applicable to the region. A balance of carefully chosen international and national experts will assist in delivering these objectives. The topics will cover laboratory aspects, basic science, translational research and clinical updates on the entire spectrum of bone marrow failure disorders. There will be adequate time provided in each session for active interaction of the audience with the speakers. Additional opportunities will also be available to interact with the experts during the period of this conference.
As always, the symposium is also an opportunity to meet colleagues, build consensus and forge new avenues of collaboration. We request you to encourage students, physicians, paediatricians, pathologists, allied health personnel and basic scientists with interest in bone marrow failure disorders who train or work with you to attend this meeting.
For more information please visit : www.ibmfs2020.in.
The presenting signs and symptoms of bone marrow failure disorders are varied and may be silent or mimic other common less serious disorders, and, therefore are often overlooked or misdiagnosed leading to suboptimal outcomes.
The Bone Marrow Failure Disorders Symposium will provide updates on the most recent research related to the biology and clinical management of bone marrow failure disorders, including aplastic anemia, Fanconi anemia, Diamond Blackfan anemia, myelodysplastic syndrome and other rarer bone marrow failure syndromes.
Local and national hematology/oncology experts will deliver talks on the latest advances in the diagnosis, genetic characteristics, pathology and treatment options for these diseases. The overall goal of this symposium is to facilitate the translation of research findings into clinical practice and to improve the care of the patients with bone marrow failure diseases.
This program will use an integral mix of didactic presentations and case histories to depict the scope of effectively recognizing, diagnosing, and recommending treatments for a group of rare bone marrow failure diseases. The presentations will provide necessary background on the etiology, pathogenesis, differential diagnosis of these conditions and important treatment options.
- Provide accurate differential diagnosis of bone marrow failure diseases, including aplastic anemia (AA), Fanconi anemia (FA), Diamond Blackfan anemia (DBA), myelodysplastic syndromes (MDS) and other inherited bone marrow failure syndromes (IBFMS)
- Critically appraise recent advances in research on the genetic characteristics of bone marrow failure diseases.
- Summarize recent progress in understanding the pathogenesis of bone marrow failure diseases
- Describe safety and efficacy data for currently available therapies for bone marrow failure diseases
- Identify current therapeutic standards, as well as new and emerging therapies used in hematopoietic cell transplantation.
- Haematologists, paediatricians, pathologists and scientists.
- Researchers involved in understanding the biology and pathogenesis of bone marrow failure diseases.
- MD and PhD students who are interested in understanding the biology, diagnosis and treatment of bone marrow failure diseases.
Topics of the Symposium:
- Molecular basis and treatment of Fanconi anemia.
- Pathophysiology and management of aplastic anemia.
- How to distinguish idiopathic aplastic anemia from IBMFS. Molecular pathology and management of low and high-risk MDS.
- Application of cytogenetics, proteomics and genomics in bone marrow failure syndromes.
- There will be a poster walk and presentation on 3rd February 2020.
- Abstracts on both basic science as well as clinical diagnosis and management of bone marrow failure syndromes will be accepted.
- Submission of abstracts should be done through the symposium website www.ibmfs2020.in.
- Travel grants will be awarded to the 5 best abstracts.
- Only online registration will be accepted.
- Online registration can be accessed from the symposium website (www.IBMFS2020.in) from 1st Nov 2019.
- Conference registration is mandatory for all delegates.
- Photo ID is mandatory for all delegates and should be furnished at the registration desk on-site.
- During registration, post-graduate students are requested to provide a letter from the Head of the Department of their respective institutions, confirming their status as students.
Registration confirmation letter will be sent to you after the receipt of payment via email/user login.
- There is no cancellation or refund policy.
- Please mention your registration number in all transactions for ease of communication.
- You need to arrange your own accommodation.
- You can find a list of hotels at the symposium website
- Abstract submission site opens: 1st November 2019.
- Abstract submission deadline: 30th December 2019.
- Acceptance/ Rejection notification: 5th January 2020.
View Brochure Below
Editor’s Note: CMC Vellore International Symposium, CMC Vellore International Symposium on Bone Marrow Failure Disorders, Ist International Symposium on Bone Marrow Failure Disorders, 1st International Symposium on Bone Marrow Failure Disorders. Make sure you check out the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and social media platforms for more details.