Science Academies’ Summer Research Fellowship Programme 2019
Science Academies’ Summer Research Fellowship Programme for Students and Teachers 2019 notification is out. Indian Academy of Sciences, Bengaluru/ Indian National Science Academy, New Delhi & The National Academy of Sciences, India, Allahabad are inviting applications for the same. Check out all of the details below:
This call expires in :
The 3 national Science Academies offer several two-month Summer Fellowships to allow students/teachers (studying/teaching in India) to work with scientists associated with the 3 Academies during 2019. A copy of the application format, instructions to applicants such as eligibility criteria, and a listing of names of scientists/faculty that have agreed to guide students/teachers to work on short-term projects are displayed in the online application.
Applications are invited from interested teachers and students from all colleges and universities affiliated to UGC/AICTE/MCI/Accredited Institutions of State Universities for these Fellowships. The application should comprise: (a) the application form in the prescribed format; (b) scanned copies of marks sheets from class X until the last examination; (c) a write-up (in roughly 150-250 words) regarding what the applicant would like to learn and achieve. Student applicants must provide the email id of one of their teachers or HoD familiar with their work. The Academy will approach them for a recommendation letter in the prescribed format. The chosen candidate must work with the assigned guide for two months at any time throughout the calendar year, preferably during the summer.
Applications should be submitted by logging on one of our sites [www.ias.ac.in; http://www.insaindia.res.in and www.nasi.org.in ]. The registration number assigned soon after the online submission has to be quoted in all future correspondence.
The final date for receipt of all applications online is 30 November 2018.
Info of selection together with the concurrence of this guide will be despatched around February–March 2019. The chosen students/teachers will be supplied appropriate round trip train fare along with a monthly fellowship to satisfy their living expenses at the place of work.
Instructions to Applicants:
(Please read all the directions carefully Before filling up the application)
Please don’t send hard copies of marks sheets or applications.
The practice of allowing the candidates to suggest possible mentors has been discontinued.
2) It’s compulsory to upload the marks sheets from class X until the last evaluation. Please have the scanned versions of mark sheets (in JPEG format), before beginning to fill up this program.
3) Only 1 application per candidate will be considered. If more than 1 application is submitted, none of the applications will be considered.
4) Answers to columns indicated by an asterisk (*) are compulsory and must be filled.
5) The final date for receipt of all applications online is 30 November 2018.
B. Eligibility criteria
6a) Applicants must be studying in one of the following:
- BS / BSc / BVSc (II year only)
- BPharm (III and IV years only)
- BE / BTech / BCA (II and III years only)
- BArch(II,III and IV years only)
- MS / MSc / MVSc / MPharm (I year only)
- ME / MTech / MCA / MArch (I year only)
- (5-year incorporated ) MS / MSc /MTech / MBBS (II, III, IV years only)
- PharmD (III, IV years only)
- (dual degree) BTech + MTech (II/,III,IV years only)
- (dual degree) BE + MSc (II, III, IV years only)
- (dual degree) BS + MS (II, III, IV years only)
- Integrated PhD (I, II years only)
- MSc Tech (I, II years only)
6b) Teachers have to be teaching in a College/University.
7) The minimum percentage of average marks in core subjects only (i.e. excluding languages) from X Std. Up to post-graduation (whichever years completed) should be 65 percent or above for students. The minimum Percentage of average marks doesn’t apply to teachers.
8) PhD student are not eligible.
9) Applicants that have availed the Academies fellowship twice before aren’t qualified to apply.
10) The applicant must include a write-up (in roughly 150–250 words) regarding this specific area of the candidate and suggest what he/she would like to learn and achieve through this fellowship. It can also incorporate the particular experiment or theory the candidate would like to work on but NOT a general description of the area. The write-up shouldn’t be a”copy and paste” job from any source.
11) don’t use special/scientific characters such as Ø Ü etc.. .as the software will prevent you from uploading the application with such characters.
D. Enclosures to application
12) Both student and teacher applicants must upload scanned versions of mark sheets from class X until the last examination in JPEG Format (the size of each marks sheet shouldn’t exceed 700 kb).
13) Teacher applicants must upload their publications if any. On selection, an authorization letter from the Principal/HoD that required permission/leave of absence will be allowed ought to be sent by post to the Coordinator, SRFP 2019, Indian Academy of Sciences, Bengaluru 560 080.
E. Other matters
14) Student candidates should upload the contact details of one of their current teachers or the Head of their Department (HoD). The Academy will get in touch with the teacher and acquire the recommendation letter.
15) All decisions concerning the choice of candidates will be at the sole discretion of the Academies. Any grievance or dispute regarding SRFP 2019 will be addressed to the Academy whose decision thereon shall be final.
16) If a candidate is found at any given point of time to have submitted false information, his/her fellowship is going to be cancelled, and he/she will be asked to pay back the fellowship amount/travel allowance etc. that’s been paid to him/her. Additional his/her guide and the Institution where he/she is presently studying will be informed of the matter.
17) Without prejudice to 15) previously, only the courts in Bengaluru city shall be the fora for seeking a judicial remedy, if any, for any dispute or grievance.
18) Academy means Indian Academy of Sciences, Bengaluru. Academies mean Indian Academy of Sciences (Bengaluru), Indian National Science Academy (New Delhi), and The National Academy of Sciences, India (Allahabad).
19) Guide signifies someone in the listing of scientists/faculty accepted by the Academies as guides.
20) All correspondence Ought to Be addressed to:
Mr C S Ravi Kumar
Coordinator, Summer Research Fellowship Programme
Indian Academy of Sciences
CV Raman Avenue, near Mekhri Circle
Bengaluru 560 080
Tel. (080) 2266 1207, 2266 1202, 2266 1221
Please don’t send hard copies of marks sheets or applications.
Editor’s Note: INSA Summer Research Fellowship Programme 2019, Summer Research Fellowship Programme 2019, IAS Summer Research Fellowship Programme 2019, NAS Summer Research Fellowship Programme 2019. Check out the Biotecnika Times Newsletter for more such opportunities and also follow us on our YouTube channel for more.