Focus Area Science Technology Summer Fellowship [FAST-SF] – 2019
Focus Area Science Technology Summer Fellowship [FAST-SF] – 2019 notification is out. Indian Academy of Sciences, Bengaluru/ Indian National Science Academy, New Delhi & The National Academy of Sciences, India, Allahabad are inviting applications for the same. Check out all of the details below:
This call expires in :
With a view to improve the spread of Science and Technology at the particular regions of the country, the Inter Academy Panel has initiated the Focus Area Science Technology Summer Fellowship [FAST-SF]. This coming year (2019) our attention will be on the North Eastern States of the country and the states of Bihar, Chhattisgarh and Jammu & Kashmir and the FAST-SF will be for students and teachers studying/working in the states of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Meghalaya, Manipur, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim, Tripura, Bihar, Chhattisgarh and Jammu & Kashmir.
Approximately 200 fellowships will be provided through 2019 to students/teachers studying/working in these states, to work with scientists associated with three Academies’ anywhere in the country.
A copy of the application format, instructions to applicants such as eligibility standards and a listing of names of scientists/faculty that have consented to guide students/teachers to work on short-term projects are displayed online.
Applications are encouraged from interested students and teachers from universities and colleges from North-Eastern states of India, Bihar, Chhattisgarh and Jammu & Kashmir affiliated to UGC/AICTE/MCI/Accredited Institutions of State Universities for these Fellowships. The application should comprise:
(a) the application form in the prescribed format;
(b) scanned copies of marks sheets from class X until the last examination;
(c) a write-up (in approximately 150-250 words) regarding what the applicant would like to learn and achieve.
Student candidates must provide the email id of one of their teachers or HoD acquainted with their work. The Academy will approach them for a recommendation letter in the prescribed format. The chosen candidate must work with the delegated guide for two months at any time throughout the calendar year through summer months are preferred.
Applications should be submitted by logging on our sites [www.ias.ac.in; http://www.insaindia.res.in and www.nasi.org.in]. The registration number assigned shortly after the online submission has to be quoted in all future correspondence.
The final date for receipt of all applications online is 30 November 2018.
Info of selection together with concurrence of the guide will be despatched around February–March 2019. The chosen students/teachers will be supplied appropriate round trip train fare along with a monthly fellowship to meet their living expenses in the place of work.
Instructions to Applicants:
(Please read all the directions carefully Before filling up the application)
Please don’t send hard copies of marks sheets or applications.
1) This programme is currently available for all Students and Teachers studying/teaching in the North-Eastern states of India. VIZ. Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Meghalaya, Manipur, Nagaland, Mizoram, Sikkim, Tripura, Bihar, Chhattisgarh and Jammu & Kashmir only.
3) It’s compulsory to upload the marks sheets from class X until the last evaluation. Please have the scanned versions of mark sheets (in JPEG format), before beginning to fill up this program.
4) Only 1 application per candidate will be considered. If more than 1 application is submitted, none of the applications will be considered.
5) Answers to columns indicated by an asterisk (*) are compulsory and must be filled.
6) The final date for receipt of all applications online is 30 November 2018.
B. Eligibility criteria
7a) Applicants must be studying in one of the following:
- BS / BSc / BVSc / BPharm (II year only)
- BE / BTech / BCA (II and III years only)
- BArch (II,III,IV years only)
- MS / MSc / MVSc / MPharm / MArch (I year only)
- ME / MTech / MCA (I year only)
- (5-year integrated) MS / MSc /MTech / MBBS (II, III, IV years only)
- PharmD (III, IV years only)
- (dual degree) BTech + MTech (II/,III,IV years only)
- (dual degree) BE + MSc (II, III, IV years only)
- (dual degree) BS + MS (II, III, IV years only)
- Integrated PhD (I, II years only)
- MSc Tech (I, II years only)
7b) Teachers working in North Eastern states, Bihar, Chattisgarh and Jammu and Kashmir only need apply.
8) The minimum percentage of average marks in core subjects only (i.e. excluding languages) from X Std. Up to post-graduation (whichever years completed) should be 65 percent or above. The minimum percentage of average marks doesn’t apply to teachers.
9) PhD students aren’t eligible.
10) The applicant must include a write-up (in roughly 150–250 words) regarding this specific area of the candidate and suggest what he/she would like to learn and achieve through this fellowship. Additionally, it may include the particular experiment or theory the candidate wants to work on but NOT a general description of the region. The write-up shouldn’t be a”copy and paste” job from any source.
11) don’t use special/scientific characters such as Ø Ü etc.. .as the software will prevent you from uploading the program with such characters.
D. Enclosures to application
12) Both student and teacher applicants should upload scanned versions of mark sheets from class X until the last examination in JPEG Format (the size of every marks sheet shouldn’t exceed 700 kb).
13) Teacher applicants must upload their publications if any. On selection, an authorization letter from the Principal/HoD that required permission/leave of absence will be allowed ought to be sent by post to the Coordinator, FAST-SF 2019, Indian Academy of Sciences, Bengaluru 560 080.
E. Other matters
14) Student candidates should upload the contact information of one of the present teachers or the Head of their Department (HoD). The Academy will get in touch with the teacher and obtain the recommendation letter.
15) All decisions concerning the selection of candidates will be in the sole discretion of the Academies. Any grievance or dispute regarding FAST-SF 2019 will be addressed to the Academy whose decision thereon shall be final.
16) When a candidate is found at any given point of time to have submitted false information, his/her fellowship is going to be cancelled, and he/she will probably be asked to repay the fellowship amount/travel allowance etc. that’s been paid to him/her. Additional his/her guide along with the Institution where he/she is presently studying will be informed of the matter.
17) Without prejudice to 15) above, only the courts in Bengaluru city shall be the fora for seeking a judicial remedy, if any, for any dispute or grievance.
18) Academy means Indian Academy of Sciences, Bengaluru. Academies mean Indian Academy of Sciences (Bengaluru), Indian National Science Academy (New Delhi), and The National Academy of Sciences, India (Allahabad).
19) Guide signifies someone in the listing of scientists/faculty accepted by the Academies as guides.
20) All correspondence Ought to Be addressed to:
Mr C S Ravi Kumar
Coordinator, Summer Research Fellowship Programme
Indian Academy of Sciences
CV Raman Avenue, near Mekhri Circle
Bengaluru 560 080
Tel. (080) 2266 1207, 2266 1202, 2266 1221
Please don’t send hard copies of marks sheets or applications.
Editor’s Note: INSA Focus Area Science Technology Summer Fellowship [FAST-SF] – 2019, Focus Area Science Technology Summer Fellowship [FAST-SF] – 2019, IAS Focus Area Science Technology Summer Fellowship [FAST-SF] – 2019, NAS Focus Area Science Technology Summer Fellowship [FAST-SF] – 2019. Check out the Biotecnika Times Newsletter for more such opportunities and also follow us on our YouTube channel for more.