Scientist Molecular Breeding at BASF, Apply Online
Molecular Breeding Scientist
About the Job:
As a Molecular Breeding Scientist at BASF, you will play a vital role in harnessing genetic information to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of our breeding programs. Your expertise in genetics, including mendelian genetics and quantitative genetics, will be instrumental in driving the development of novel breeding schemes and implementing molecular techniques like Marker-Assisted Backcrossing (MABC) and Genomic Selection. By collaborating with our integrated teams, you will contribute to the creation of superior crop varieties that positively impact global agriculture.
- Collaborate with Breeders: Work closely with Breeders to integrate genetic information of parental lines and co-develop improved crop varieties within integrated teams.
- Genetic Information Implementation: Take charge of implementing genetic information into breeding programs, ensuring its seamless integration into the selection and development processes.
- Enhance Breeding Schemes: Continuously improve breeding schemes by utilizing genetic information, MABC, and Genomic Selection to accelerate the development of desirable traits.
- Marker Development Implementation: Develop and implement molecular markers in collaboration with the Molecular Genetic and Molecular Biology Departments. Constantly monitor and assess the efficacy of deployed molecular markers in enhancing breeding programs.
- Trait Discovery Portfolio: Collaborate with Pre-breeders and Phytopathologists to lead the Trait Discovery portfolio, aiming to identify and incorporate valuable traits into breeding efforts.
- Mentorship: Provide mentorship and guidance to genetic specialists within the organization, fostering a culture of learning and development.
- Line Profiling: Utilize genetic information to profile and analyze breeding lines, enabling data-driven decision-making.
- Crossing Block Decisions: Collaborate with Breeders in making informed decisions on the crossing block, considering genetic information and breeding objectives.
- Genome-Wide Marker Strategies: Ensure the correct development and implementation of genome-wide marker strategies in breeding programs, maximizing the potential of genetic data.
- Genetic Diversity Analysis: Conduct competitor analysis and assess genetic diversity to inform breeding strategies.
- Marker-Assisted Backcrossing: Employ Marker-Assisted Backcrossing techniques to expedite the introgression of valuable traits.
- Germplasm Structuration: Organize germplasm into pools based on genetic data, facilitating efficient breeding efforts.
- Genomic Selection: Implement Genomic Selection techniques to predict and select desirable traits in breeding populations.
- Novel Breeding Schemes: Develop innovative breeding schemes that leverage diagnostic and genome-wide markers effectively.
- Diagnostic Marker Implementation: Monitor and ensure the accurate implementation of diagnostic markers in breeding programs.
Key Success Factors:
- Strong collaboration and stakeholder management within the Integrated Breeding Teams.
- Strong implementation mindset and drive to implement markers and traits into the development of new varieties.
- Curiosity and drive to understand the challenges of the breeding programs under his/her responsibilities.
- Ph.D. or Master’s degree in Genetics, Molecular Biology, Plant Breeding, or a related field.
- Proven experience in applying genetic principles to crop breeding or related research.
- Proficiency in developing and utilizing molecular techniques for marker-assisted breeding (MABC, GWAS, Genomic Selection, etc.).
- Strong analytical skills and expertise in statistical data analysis related to genetics.
- Excellent communication and collaboration abilities to work effectively within multidisciplinary teams.
- Prior experience in mentoring or leading genetic specialists is advantageous.
- Prior experience in malvaceous & cucurbit crops molecular breeding is advantageous.
Apply online: Click here
Keywords: Molecular Breeding Scientist, Genetics, Crop Breeding, Marker-Assisted Backcrossing, Genomic Selection, Genetic Information, Breeding Schemes. Scientist Molecular Breeding at BASF, Apply Online. Please ensure you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of the latest industry news. Follow us on social media like Twitter, Telegram, Facebook