2025-2026 Fulbright-Nehru Postdoctoral Research Fellowships
2025-2026 Fulbright-Nehru Postdoctoral Research Fellowships. Fulbright-Nehru Postdoctoral Research Fellowships 2025. Fulbright-Nehru Postdoctoral Research Fellowships 2025-26. Check out all of the details on the same below
This call expires in
These fellowships are designed for Indian faculty and researchers who are in the early stages of their research careers in India. The Postdoctoral Research Fellowships will provide opportunities to talented faculty and researchers to strengthen their research capacities. Postdoctoral fellows will have access to some of the finest resources in their areas of interest and will help build long-term collaborative relationships
Applications are invited in the following fields only:Agricultural Sciences; Anthropology; Bioengineering; Chemistry; Computer Science (including, but not limited to, cyber security, digital economy, quantum computing, artificial intelligence, machine learning and big data analytics); Earth Sciences; Economics; Education Policy and Planning; Energy Studies; History; Language/Literature/Linguistics; Materials Science (with emphasis on environmental applications); Mathematical Sciences; Neurosciences; Performing Arts; Physics; Political Science (including, but not limited to, International Security and Strategic Studies); Psychology; Public Health (including, but not limited to, pandemic preparedness and comprehensive surveillance (genomic surveillance, sewage surveillance, sero-surveillance)); Public Policy; Sociology; Urban and Regional Planning (with emphasis on smart cities and wastemanagement); Visual Arts; and Women’s and Gender Studies.
The applicant will be affiliated to one U.S. host institution for their grant. USIEF strongly recommends all applicants to indicate affiliation preference and to correspond, in advance, with potential host institution. The letter of invitation should indicate the duration of visit, preferably with dates. If the applicant has secured a letter of invitation from a U.S. institution, it should be included as a part of the online application.
These fellowships provide J-1 visa support, a monthly stipend, Accident and Sickness Program for Exchanges per U.S. Government guidelines, round-trip economy class air travel, a modest settling-in allowance, and a professional allowance. Subject to availability of funds, a dependent allowance and international travel may be provided for one accompanying eligible dependent provided the dependent is with the grantee in the U.S. for at least 80 per cent of the grant period.
In addition to the General Prerequisites
- The applicant must have a Ph.D. or a D.M. degree within the past four years. They must have obtained Ph.D. degree between July 15, 2020 and July 14, 2024. The applicant is required to upload their Ph.D. or D.M. degree certificate/provisional on the online application;
- The applicant must have a publication in a reputed journal. They must upload a recent significant publication (copy of paper/article) on the online application (not exceeding 30 pages); and
- If applicant is employed, please follow the instructions carefully regarding employer’s endorsement. If applicable, obtain the endorsement from the appropriate administrative authority on the FNPostdoc Letter of Support from Home Institution. The employer must indicate that leave will be granted for the fellowship period. Candidates working under government-funded projects are also required to get endorsement from their affiliating institutions in India.
Note: In the application, the applicant is required to indicate the period in which they can complete the proposed project in the United States. The applicant must determine grant duration carefully. Should they be selected for a grant, it will be for the period specified in their application. The duration cannot be changed.
How to Apply
- Applications must be submitted online at: https://apply.iie.org/fvsp2025
- Please carefully review the FNPostdoc Applicant Instructions before starting your online application
- Please refer to FNPostdoc Applicant Checklist before submitting the application
- In addition, you must complete and upload the FNPostdoc Applicant Annexure and FNPostdoc Letter of Support from Home Institution on your online application (if applicable).
Application Deadline: July 15, 2024, 23:59:59 hrs (IST)
For any queries contact: [email protected]
Timeline and Placement Process
|July 15, 2024
|Review of applications
|USIEF informs the applicants about the review outcome
|Interviews of short-listed candidates
|End November 2024
|USIEF notifies principal and alternate nominees
|USIEF forwards applications of recommended candidates to the U.S. for J. William Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board (FFSB) approval and placement
|USIEF notifies the finalists about the FFSB approval
- You can apply for only ONE Fulbright-Nehru fellowship category during a competition cycle.
- Candidates cannot apply for Fulbright-Nehru and Fulbright-Kalam grants in the same academic year.
- Plagiarism in the application will lead to disqualification.
- Unless otherwise specified, Fulbright-Nehru applications are to be submitted online.
- Applications received after the deadline will NOT be considered.
- Extensions and Transfer of visa sponsorship will not be permitted.
- Prospective Fulbright participants should be aware that public health conditions, availability of consular services and travel, as well as U.S. institutional operating status and policies may affect their ability to travel to the U.S. and participate in academic programs.
- Applications submitted prior to February 2, 2024 will NOT BE considered.
Editor’s Note: 2025-2026 Fulbright-Nehru Postdoctoral Research Fellowships. Please make sure that you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of all of the latest in the industry. Follow us on all of our social media like Twitter, Telegram, Facebook and Instagram.