ICAR-IARI Biotech Vacancy 2023 – Apply For JRF Post
Division of Floriculture and Landscaping
ICAR-Indian Agricultural Research Institute, New Delhi – 110012
F.No. 1-34/2023-24/FLS/SERB Dated: 09.11.2023
WALK IN INTERVIEW
Applications are invited to attend a walk-in interview at the Division of Floriculture and Landscaping, ICAR-Indian Agricultural Research Institute, New Delhi – 110012. The post is purely temporary and will be filled on a contractual basis.
Name of Project: Genomic Prediction and Genome Wide Association Studies (GWAS) for Yield and Quality Related Traits in Marigold- Funded by DST-SERB
Position: Junior Research Fellow (JRF)
No. of posts: 01 (one)
Emoluments (Fixed per month): Rs. 31,000 + 24% HRA (As per DST OM No. SR/S9/Z08/2018 Dated 30/01/2019)
- Master’s degree in Agriculture/ Horticulture/Genetics/Plant Breeding/ Genetics and Plant Breeding/Biotechnology/ Botany or other related fields of Plant Sciences with 4/5 years’ bachelor’s degree.
- a) Those with 3 years’ bachelor’s degree must have NET (National Eligibility Tests) – UGC/CSIR/ICAR NET including lectureship (Assistant Professorship) or GATE
- b) A selection process through National level examinations conducted by Central Government Departments and their Agencies and Institutions.
Desirable: Experience in molecular markers, bioinformatics tools, phenotyping and handling of field/horticultural crops.
Terms & Conditions:
- Age limit: Maximum age is 35 years for JRF (age relaxation of five years for SC/ST & women and three years for OBC).
- The post is purely temporary and will be filled on a contractual basis initially for up to 31.03.2024 or till the completion of the project, whichever is earlier, and may be extended periodically subject to performance till the termination of the project.
- The selected candidate shall not claim regular appointment at this Institute, as the post is co-terminus with the project.
- The candidates will have to compulsorily bring the filled in application form (as per the format annexed), all the original certificates from matriculation onwards, date of birth certificate, NET/equivalent certificate, degree certificate either original or provisional, and one set of self-attested photocopies of all the required certificates from matriculation onwards and an attested copy of a recent passport size photograph enclosed onto the application form. Proof of experience and publications also needs to be submitted. The selected candidate will be required to produce all the original documents and a medical certificate at the time of joining.
- No TA/DA/ any other expenses will be paid for attending the interview.
- Only those candidates having essential qualifications would be entertained for the interview.
- Concealing of facts or canvassing in any form shall lead to disqualification or termination of such candidates.
- The candidates are required to submit the applications at the time of interview as per the format annexed along with the declaration, or they may send an advance copy through email at [email protected] or by post to Head, Division of Floriculture and Landscaping, ICAR-IARI, New Delhi-110012.
- The candidate intending to attend the walk-in interview, if any of his/her near or distant relatives is an employee of the ICAR/IARI, has to declare his/her name, designation, nature of duties, relationship in writing so as to reach the Head, Division of Floriculture and Landscaping, ICAR-IARI, New Delhi-110012 before the interview date. If on the date of the interview such declaration is furnished and found that his/her relative is an employee of ICAR/IARI, such candidates will not be allowed to appear in the interview.
- All other candidates are also required compulsorily to submit the declaration duly signed in the format annexed along with other documents on the date of the interview.
- In case of any disputes, it will be resolved in the jurisdiction of New Delhi court only.
Reporting time for the interview:
- Date: 06.12.2023
- Time: 10:00 AM
- Location: Division of Floriculture and Landscaping, ICAR-IARI, New Delhi-110012
Keywords: ICAR-Indian Agricultural Research Institute, Delhi, Job Posting, Junior Research Fellow, Floriculture and Landscaping, Genomic Prediction, Genome Wide Association Studies, Marigold. ICAR-IARI Biotech Vacancy 2023 – Apply For JRF Post. Please ensure you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of the latest industry news. Follow us on social media like Twitter, Telegram, Facebook