Clarivate Content Editor Vacancy – Biotech, Biochem, Bioinformatics Apply
Associate Content Editor – GENESEQ
Job Number: JREQ124259
City, ST: Chennai, TN
About the Company
Clarivate is a leading global provider of trusted insights and analytics to accelerate the pace of innovation. We deliver critical data, information, workflow solutions, and deep domain expertise to innovators worldwide. Our solutions cover a broad range of industries, including science and academia, intellectual property, and pharmaceutical and biotechnology.
- Must be a bachelor’s or master’s degree graduate in Biotechnology, Bioinformatics, Microbiology, Genetics, Molecular Biology, and Biochemistry.
- Can be a fresher or candidate with around 1 year of experience in working on patents, patent indexing with basic patent knowledge.
- If experienced, must have proven skills in patent indexing, disease indexing, abstract writing, effective communication, problem identification and solving skills, good interpersonal skills, adhere to change, effective time management, email etiquette, positive attitude and self-motivated with the ability to deliver consistently.
- It would be great if you also had 1 to 2 years of experience on patent indexing, gene sequencing, genetics, and disease indexing.
- Good knowledge of computer including MS office, PDF or TIFF images; good exposure to publicly available databases like NCBI taxonomy database, PubMed, etc; and secondary research skills.
What will you be doing in this role?
You will apply biotechnology, genetics, and molecular biology concepts to curate biological sequence-related information from patent documents in line with editorial policies and conventions. Indexers manually curate all biological sequences given in the specification, including those found within PDF or TIFF images, not just those given in the formal electronic sequence listing. The team will also create individual records for mutated sequences and for claimed SEQ ID fragments where the whole sequence has not been claimed. Achieve weekly production volume and quality targets and to maintain consistency. Promote personal safety and that of others by taking reasonable care at work and following recognized codes of practice provided or advised by management to ensure safe working practices.
About the Team
The GENESEQ Team is one of the key knowledge-driven teams in the Intellectual Property Group at Clarivate. The team consists of 37 colleagues in various roles with different experience and skill sets in domains like Biotechnology, Bioinformatics, Microbiology, Genetics, Molecular Biology, and Biochemistry. They report to a Team Manager. The GENESEQ product includes Nucleic Acid sequences of minimum 10 bases or 8 if claimed and Amino Acid sequences of minimum 4 residues.
Hours of Work
8.30 AM to 5.30 PM IST (includes 1-hour break), subject to slight changes based on business needs.
Current Mode of Work
Hybrid (2 to 3 days/week)
Keywords: Clarivate, Bioinformatics, Genetics, Molecular Biology, Associate Content Editor, GENESEQ job opening, Chennai, Biotechnology, Microbiology, IPG. Clarivate Content Editor Vacancy – Biotech, Biochem, Bioinformatics Apply. Please ensure you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of the latest industry news. Follow us on social media like Twitter, Telegram, Facebook