CCMB Bioinformatics Mol Bio & Bioinformatics Research
CCMB Bioinformatics Mol Bio & Bioinformatics Research. Interested and eligible applicants can check out all of the details on the same below:
A leading research institution, CSIR-CENTRE FOR CELLULAR AND MOLECULAR BIOLOGY (CCMB), is inviting applications for the positions of Project Associate-I and Senior Project Associate on a contractual basis. Interested candidates who fulfill the eligibility criteria can apply online at www.ccmb.res.in. Please refer to the details below for more information.
I) Name of the Post: Project Associate-I
Total Number of Positions: 2
Upper Age Limit: 35 years
- 31,000/-p.m. + HRA for candidates selected through National Eligibility Tests like CSIR-UGC NET or GATE or through selection process conducted by Central Government Departments and their Agencies and Institutions.
- 25,000/-p.m. + HRA for others.
Post Code/ No. of Positions/ Area: 011123C -1 Position – Molecular biology, Proteomics, Cell biology
Project Code/Title & Duration: MLP140 – Organoid Models for Biomedical Research Applications (March 2023 – March 2025)
Essential Qualification: M.Sc in Life Sciences
Desirable/Job Description: At least 1 year of research experience in RNA biology, proteomics experiments, and molecular biology. Proficiency in basic molecular biology, protein purification, and proteomics is required.
Name of the PI:Dr. Pavithra L Chavali
Post Code/ No. of Positions/ Area: 021123C -1 Position – Molecular biology work including genomics, DNA methylation especially with reference to human system
Project Code/Title & Duration: GAP0609 – Understanding the association and underlying molecular mechanisms of early life ‘Double-burden’ of malnutrition and non-communicable disease risk in adolescence (October 2023 – October 2026)
Essential Qualification: Master’s Degree in Natural Sciences or Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Technology or Medicine from a recognized University or equivalent
Desirable/Job Description: Experience in molecular biology with special reference to human genomic and epigenomic analysis
Name of the PI: Dr. Giriraj Ratan Chandak
II) Name of the Post: Senior Project Associate
Total Number of Positions: 1
Upper Age Limit: 40 years
Monthly Emoluments: 42,000/- + HRA
Post Code/ No. of Positions/ Area: 031123C -1 Position – Bioinformatic and biostatistical analysis of high throughput OMIC data on human subjects including system-based approach to assimilate the OMIC data with clinical, biochemical, metabolomic data to draw meaningful conclusions related to disease susceptibility, preferably in non-communicable diseases
Project Code/Title: GAP0609 – Understanding the association and underlying molecular mechanisms of early life ‘Double-burden’ of malnutrition and non-communicable disease risk in adolescence
Essential Qualification: Master’s Degree in Natural Sciences or Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Technology or Medicine from a recognized University or equivalent, with 4 years of experience in Research and Development or ME/M. Tech in Engineering or Technology with 2 years of experience, or Doctoral Degree in Science/Engineering/Technology/Pharma/MD/MS
Desirable/Job Description: Experience in analysis of high throughput genomic and epigenomic data. Proficiency in Linux/bash/command line interface and ability to create and modify custom pipelines for data analysis. Familiarity with bioinformatic and statistical tools for system-based analysis. Strong programming knowledge in languages such as C, C++, R, Python, JS, or Perl will be preferred.
Name of the PI: Dr. Giriraj Ratan Chandak
Last Date to Submit Application: 22nd November 2023
General terms and conditions:
- How to apply: Candidates who fulfill the criteria should apply online at www.ccmb.res.in.
- Number of posts: Director, CCMB reserves the right to increase/decrease the number of positions and also cancel the recruitment process for the positions mentioned above at any stage of the recruitment process. The decision of the Director, CSIR-CCMB will be final and binding.
- Age relaxation: Age relaxation as per CSIR/Govt. of India guidelines. Age will be calculated as on the last date of receipt of online applications.
- Awaiting result/ Pursuing degree: Those candidates who are still pursuing/ awaiting the result for their degree M.Sc./ B.Tech./ PhD or any other qualification for the above post(s) as on the date of application will not be considered.
- Eligibility criterion: Candidate should note that non-fulfillment of the eligibility criterion will result in the cancellation of candidature at any stage.
- Experience: The period of experience in a discipline/area of work, wherever prescribed, shall be counted after the date of acquiring the minimum prescribed educational qualifications prescribed for that post.
- Screening of applications: The applicants will be subjected to shortlisting by CCMB scientists/designated committee according to the current requirement and the candidate’s shortlisted for an interview will be displayed on CCMB website.
- Selection procedure: The candidate(s) shortlisted by CCMB scientists/designated committee have to appear for an interview in person/online before the Selection Committee. The date, time, and venue of the test/interview will be notified in due course through email only.
- Result / Panel for waitlisted candidate: Based on the performance of candidates in the interview, the result of selected candidates against the number of posts available in the project for each post code will be declared and posted on the CCMB website. A panel of waitlisted candidates in order of merit will also be formed for each post code, which will be valid for one year. The panel may be operated on the recommendation of the Project Investigator for meeting any future requirement in the project.
- Engagement: The engagement shall be initially for a short duration based on the availability of funds which may be extended or curtailed based on the conduct and the performance of the incumbent as well as the requirement of the institute.
- Leave: The incumbent would not be entitled to any kind of regular leave. However, they would be allowed for one-day leave for each completed month.
- TA/DA: No TA/DA admissible for attending the test/interview or joining the position.
- Office timings/ Working hours: The incumbent is required to perform the assigned duties during working hours i.e. from 9:30 AM to 6:00 PM on working days. The incumbent will not be allowed to take up any other assignment during the period of engagement. He/She may be required to work on Saturday/Sunday/other Gazetted holidays and beyond working hours if need be.
- Tax deduction at source: The Income Tax or any other tax liable to be deducted, as per the prevailing rules, will be deducted at source before effecting the payment.
- Confidentiality of data and documents: The Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) of the data collected as well as the deliverables produced for the office shall remain with this office. No one shall utilize or publish or disclose or part with, to a third party, any part of the data or statistics or proceedings or information collected for the purpose of this assignment or during the course of assignment for the office, without the express written consent of the office. The incumbent shall be bound to hand over the entire set of records of the assignment to the Office before the expiry of the contract, and before the final payment is released by the office.
- Termination of Service: The performance of project personnel would be reviewed periodically so that candidates not found up to the mark could be terminated. The engagement may be terminated at any time by the office without assigning any reasons by giving a one month notice. In case the person desires to leave the assignment, he/she may also do so by giving one month notice or payment of one month stipend in lieu of, which can be condoned/curtailed/extended depending upon the discretion of the Competent Authority.
- DISCLAIMER: Candidates who are applying for any of the above posts shall ensure that they fulfill the essential qualifications. If they apply without fulfilling the essential qualifications, then it will be considered that they are giving wrong/misleading information. The ONUS OF THIS ACTION WILL BE ON THE CANDIDATE and not on the Institute. In case they are found not fulfilling the essential criteria or that they have provided misleading information, then their candidature for the post may be rejected at any stage of selection or after selection.
- Disqualification: Canvassing in any form and/or bringing any influence political or otherwise will be treated as a disqualification for the post.
APPLY ONLINE HERE
(Link will be updated shortly)
Keywords: CCMB Bioinformatics job, Mol Bio Research job, Bioinformatics Research job, Project Associate job, Senior Project Associate job. CCMB Bioinformatics Mol Bio & Bioinformatics Research. Please ensure you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of the latest industry news. Follow us on social media like Twitter, Telegram, Facebook