MARS Food Tech QA, Food Science Job Opening – Apply Online
MARS Food Tech QA, Food Science Job Opening – Apply Online. MARS Food Technology, Food Science External Manufacturing Quality Assurance job opening. Interested and eligible applicants can check out all of the details on the same below
External Manufacturing Quality Assurance
Job ID: R59329
Job Available In 2 Locations: Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Job Title: External Manufacturing Senior Scientist
Segment / Business Unit: Mars Wrigley
Country / Site: GEM
Job Function: R&D (Q&FS)
Supports, coordinated, and lead the execution of the QFS strategic direction of External Manufacturing Quality Assurance (EMQA) for GEM taking into consideration, how to approach the model from a risk-based approach while enabling an accelerated model that is mutual for all parties. Ensures that externally manufactured products, comply with the Mars standards in GEM by coaching, guiding, and supporting the cluster EMQM. The associate will also oversee governance for sourcing standards and ensures Quality is designed in new initiatives.
As the Regional MARS GEM QFS representative at External manufacturers, the Senior scientist is responsible for:
- Design a Risk based approach to use with new Co-manufacturers including assessments to ensure that all Q&FS and legal risks are considered
- Standard owner for the GEM region for sourcing standards with focus on EMQM
- Translating and embedding MARS principles and culture while balancing the acceleration process for the growth portfolio
- Partnering with commercial & supply to drive the performance and continuous improvement of our External manufacturers, with focus on their adherence to MARS Q&FS requirements and best practices to ensure that we protect our brands and corporate reputation.
- Perform all co-manufacturing Q&FS governance and metrics to verify the quality and effectiveness of their quality management systems and compliance to MARS QMP requirements
- Training Mars EMQM cluster associates on various problem-solving tools such as PDCA, 5 whys, IWS to aid root cause analysis as part of post incident reviews for GEM co-manufacturer including the assurance of corrective and preventative actions are implemented within agreed time frames and incident learnings are shared with the wider business
- Leading the COP for GEM to build a technical community of expertise
- Thinking of strategic methods to mutually choose, cooperate and coordinate with co-manufacturers.
Context and Scope
In this role, the job holder’s key area of responsibility is ensuring the implementation and maintenance of the Global Quality & Food Safety Standards and Factory Quality Management Process (QMP) and driving a continuous improvement culture . In addition, the jobholder is responsible for ensuring all new product development and technical changes are DESIGNED IN QUALITY or built taking Quality standards from the beginning into account such as QMP processes Into DICE and QuEST.
Education & Professional Qualifications
- Academic education in food science/ technology /Chemical engineering / Industrial Engineering or similar
- FMCG experience in various aspects of the food or pet industry.
Knowledge / Experience Professional Qualification:
- Minimum 5 years experience in a Quality or Food Safety role in food industry or related industries
- Strong relationship builder with good commercial awareness and supplier management skills
- Proven and effective strategic thinker, planner, project management & organizing experience
- Visible passion, behaviour and leadership around Mars first principle – Quality
- HACCP, ISO, and quality & food safety management systems
- Basic Knowledge about micro chemical and physical hazards
- PRIMP or Incident management
- Risk assessment & management
- Good technological knowledge around food processing equipment & engineering
- Knowledge about Lean Six Sigma methods
- Quick learner
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Mars is a family-owned business with more than $35 billion in global sales. We produce some of the world’s best-loved brands: M&M’s®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, BEN’S ORIGINAL® and COCOAVIA®. Alongside our consumer brands, we proudly take care of half of the world’s pets through our nutrition, health and services businesses such as Banfield Pet Hospitals™, BluePearl®, Linnaeus, AniCura, VCA™ and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire our 130,000 Associates into taking action every day towards creating the world we want tomorrow.
Note to Search Firms/Agencies:
Mars, Incorporated and its subsidiaries and affiliates (Mars) do not compensate search firms for unsolicited assistance unless they have a written search agreement with Mars and the requisition is position-specific. Any resumes, curriculum vitae, and other unsolicited assistance from search firms that do not have a written search agreement or position-specific requisition submitted to any Associate of Mars will be deemed the sole property of Mars and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Mars.
Here are five possible interview questions that could be asked in the technical round for the “External Manufacturing Quality Assurance – Senior Scientist” job, along with their answers:
- Question: Can you explain the role of an External Manufacturing Senior Scientist in ensuring product quality and compliance with Mars standards in external manufacturing sites? Answer: The role of an External Manufacturing Senior Scientist is to lead the execution of the Quality & Food Safety (Q&FS) strategic direction for External Manufacturing Quality Assurance (EMQA) at Mars. This includes designing a risk-based approach for new co-manufacturers, ensuring adherence to sourcing standards, driving continuous improvement of external manufacturers, and embedding Mars principles while considering growth. The Senior Scientist also plays a key role in governance, metrics verification, and building a technical community of expertise.
- Question: How would you approach the task of translating and embedding Mars principles and culture while accelerating the growth process for the portfolio? Answer: Translating and embedding Mars principles and culture while accelerating growth requires a balanced approach. I would focus on aligning the principles with the growth strategy, ensuring that while we accelerate, we don’t compromise on quality and safety. This involves effective communication with cross-functional teams, leveraging problem-solving tools like PDCA and 5 whys, and fostering a culture of continuous improvement. By doing so, we can drive growth while maintaining the integrity of Mars’ values and standards.
- Question: Can you provide an example of a situation where you successfully implemented a risk-based approach for a new co-manufacturer? How did you ensure that Q&FS and legal risks were effectively managed? Answer: In a previous role, I led the integration of a new co-manufacturer into our supply chain. To implement a risk-based approach, I conducted comprehensive assessments to identify potential Q&FS and legal risks associated with the new partnership. We worked closely with the co-manufacturer to develop tailored quality and safety protocols, addressing each identified risk. This approach ensured that both parties understood and mitigated potential risks, leading to a successful collaboration and compliance with Mars standards.
- Question: Describe your experience with co-manufacturing Q&FS governance and metrics. How do you verify the quality and effectiveness of co-manufacturers’ quality management systems? Answer: As the Regional MARS GEM QFS representative at External manufacturers, I have experience in performing co-manufacturing Q&FS governance and metrics. This involves conducting thorough audits and assessments of co-manufacturers’ quality management systems against Mars QMP requirements. I ensure that all quality standards, procedures, and compliance measures are met. Additionally, I collaborate with cross-functional teams to verify the effectiveness of corrective and preventive actions to maintain product quality and safety.
- Question: How would you contribute to building a technical community of expertise within the COP for GEM (Global External Manufacturing)? What strategies would you employ to enhance collaboration and knowledge sharing among team members? Answer: Building a technical community of expertise involves creating a platform for collaborative learning and knowledge sharing. I would organize regular knowledge-sharing sessions, workshops, and forums where team members can discuss challenges, best practices, and innovative solutions. By encouraging open communication and cross-functional participation, we can harness the collective expertise of the team and foster a culture of continuous learning. This would ultimately enhance our ability to address complex technical issues and drive quality improvements across GEM.
Editor’s Note: MARS Food Tech QA Job. MARS Food Tech QA, Food Science Job Opening – Apply Online. Please ensure you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of the latest industry news. Follow us on social media like Twitter, Telegram, Facebook