MSc Biological Sciences Project Job With Rs.89,900/-Pay PM at TIFR, Hyderabad – Apply Online
MSc Biological Sciences Project Job With Rs.89,900/-Pay PM at TIFR, Hyderabad – Apply Online. TIFR Hyderabad Jobs 2023. Biological Sciences project job. Biology project vacancy. TIFR Jobs 2023. Interested and eligible applicants can check out all of the details on the same below.
Five possible interview questions that can be asked in the technical round for the job of Project Scientific Officer (C) at TIFR Hyderabad, along with their answers are posted below
This job expires in
TATA INSTITUTE OF FUNDAMENTAL RESEARCH
(Autonomous Institution of the Department of Atomic Energy, Government of India)
Sy.No.36/P, Gopanpally Village, Serilingampally Mandal,
Ranga Reddy Dist. Hyderabad – 500 046
Tel: +91(0) 40 2020 3040 Website: www.tifrh.res.in
Advertisement No. 2023/03
Applications are invited for the following posts tenable at Hyderabad.
Name of the Post – Project Scientific Officer (C)
No. of Posts – 01 (Un-reserved)
Tenure – Temporary for one year and may be renewed each year up to a total period of three years depending upon performance and requirement.
Age Below – 28
How to Apply
Candidates are requested to provide one (1) page cover letterdescribing their past experience, CV and contact details of two references or two reference letters to verify prior work experience
General Information –
- The above post is tenable at TIFR, Hyderabad.
- The appointment to the above post is temporary for one year and may be renewed each year up to a total period of three years depending upon performance and requirements.
- Selected candidates for the above post will be required to work on Saturdays/ Sundays and holidays, as per the exigencies of the Institute.
- Prescribed age should not exceed as on January 01, 2023 for the above post.
- SC/ST/OBC/EWS/PwBD candidates can also apply for the above post – general category
- Applications from the candidates will be accepted ONLINE ONLY
(https://www.tifrh.res.in/index.php/staff-positions/) except for the following:-i. Candidates applying for the above post and who are eligible for further age relaxation as per extant GOI rules are required to submit applications by POST, along with a copy of relevant certificate in support of age relaxation (for example ex-servicemen, persons with benchmark disabilities etc.).[SC,ST,OBC& EWS candidates applying for unreserved post are not eligible for age relaxation and should apply online.ii. Applicants in Government/ Semi-Government/ Public Sector Undertaking must apply through proper channel. Applicants who do not send their applications through proper channel, if called, will be able to participate in the recruitment process only upon submission of an NOC from the competent authority. However, an advance copy of application along with relevant enclosures may be submitted by post.
- Incomplete applications (online) and off-line applications without photocopy of certificate in support of age relaxation and applications received after the last date shall not be considered.
- On-Line applications must be submitted by 2nd June 2023 and applications by post [who are required to send by post as per para 6 (i) & 6 (ii)] must reach the Administrative Officer, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Survey No. 36/P, Gopanpally Village, Serilingampally Mandal, Ranga Reddy District, Hyderabad 500046, by 2nd June 2023. Applicants who are required to send the applications by post must super scribe the post applied for, advertisement No. on the envelope. The format of the application is as prescribed for on-line applications. Extended last date to receive Online applications : 12-06-2023 23:55:00
- The candidates are required to produce following original documents with copies at the time of recruitment process:
a) Print out of online application form.
b) Identity Proof (Aadhaar Card/ Election Card/ PAN Card/ Passport/ Driving License).
c) Date of birth/ Proof of age.
d) Educational Qualification (all marksheets and certificates).
Incase Universities/ Board award letter grades/ CGPA/ OGPA, the same will have to be
indicated as equivalent percentage of marks as per the norms adopted by the University/ Board. In the absence of the same, the candidature will not be considered. While submitting original documents for verification, the candidates will have to produce the norms of the University/ Board for conversion of grades /CGPA /OGPA to equivalent percentage of marks.
e) Experience certificate/s.
f) Conduct certificates from two respectable persons.
g) SC/ST/OBC/EWS & PwBD certificate (wherever applicable) in the Government of India
h) Latest CV
i) One page covering letter describing their past experience, CV and contact details of two references or two reference letters to verify prior work experience.
- (a) Outstation candidates called for recruitment process for the above post will be paid III Tier A/C return train fare for the journey by the shortest route from the nearest railway station of their place of residence on the production of photocopies of onward and return journey tickets.(b) If you travel by air, you are required to purchase air tickets ONLY from 1) M/s. Balmer Lawrie & Company Limited (BLCL) 2) M/s. Ashok Travels & Tours (ATT) 3) Indian Railways Catering and Tourism Corporation Ltd.(IRCTC). BOOKING THROUGH THE WEBSITE OF AIRLINES IS NOT ALLOWED. The air-fare for such candidates will be restricted to the eligible return train fare on production of tickets and boarding passes.
- The Institute reserves the right to restrict the number of candidates for the recruitment
process to a reasonable limit on the basis of qualifications and experience higher than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement. Mere fulfilling the essential and desirable qualifications and experience will not entitle an applicant to be called for the recruitment process. More vacancies may also be filled through this advertisement. The Institute reserves the right not to fill any/ some posts here in advertised. Canvassing in any form shall disqualify the candidate.
- Before applying for the post, the candidate should ensure that they fulfil the eligibility and other criteria. Recruitment authorities would be free to reject applications not fulfilling the requisite criteria, at any stage of recruitment, and if erroneously appointed, such candidates shall be liable to be terminated from service if appointed.
- The institute reserves the right to conduct written tests, skill tests, interviews etc. online/in-person.
- If you are facing any difficulty while applying online, please write to [email protected] giving a brief nature of the difficulty you are facing.
Extended last date to receive Online applications: 12-06-2023 23:55:00
Essential Qualifications: Full-Time B.E./B.Tech. degree in Biomedical Instrumentation or related area with 60% marks in aggregate (OR) Full Time M.Sc. degree in Biological Sciences or Physics with 60% marks in aggregate from a recognized University/ Institute.
- Minimum one-year post qualification hands-on experience in managing a multi-user cell sorter, flow cytometry and confocal microscopy facility at a research institution.
- Ability to perform routine cell sorter and confocal equipment maintenance and calibration with minimal help from company engineers.
- Experience with setup and execution parameters to run multi-color FACS and
microscopy experiments, including single cell sorting.
- Excellent communication, writing, planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to analyze, interpret data and familiarity with FACS and microscopy analysis software such as FlowJo, ImageJ.
- Manage the daily set up and calibration of Flow cytometers, FACS machines and confocal microscopes in a multi-user facility.
- Liaison with company engineers and technical support staff to achieve optimum
performance and arrange periodic servicing and maintenance of all the equipment in the
core facility, including software and hardware upgrades.
- Impart training to new users and track equipment usage. Advise users on experimental design, sample preparation and troubleshooting. Contribute to the development and advancement of the central cytometry and imaging facility, as needed.
- Proactively assist in the implementation of novel cytometry and imaging protocols and
- Coordinate with faculty, vendors and administration for tendering, acquisition and maintenance of major common biological equipment at TIFR-H.
Pay Level & Pay Stage – Rs.89,900/- consolidated pay
TME – Rs.89,900/- consolidated pay (including HRA of Rs.13,632/-)
Check the notification below
Here are five possible interview questions that can be asked in the technical round for the job of Project Scientific Officer (C) at TIFR Hyderabad, along with their answers:
- Can you describe your experience in managing a multi-user cell sorter, flow cytometry, and confocal microscopy facility?
- Answer: During my previous role at [Research Institution], I managed a multi-user facility where I handled the daily setup, calibration, and maintenance of flow cytometers, FACS machines, and confocal microscopes. I also provided training to new users, advised on experimental design and troubleshooting, and contributed to the development of the facility.
- How do you ensure the optimum performance of equipment in a core facility, including software and hardware upgrades?
- Answer: I maintain close coordination with company engineers and technical support staff to arrange periodic servicing, maintenance, and upgrades of the equipment. I stay updated with the latest advancements in the field and work proactively to implement novel protocols and applications to enhance the performance of the cytometry and imaging facility.
- Can you explain your experience with running multi-color FACS experiments and microscopy analysis?
- Answer: In my previous position, I successfully set up and executed parameters for running multi-color FACS experiments. I have experience in handling data analysis and interpretation using software such as FlowJo and ImageJ for FACS and microscopy analysis. This allows me to efficiently analyze experimental results and generate meaningful insights.
- How do you manage communication and collaboration with faculty, vendors, and administration for the acquisition and maintenance of major biological equipment?
- Answer: I believe effective communication is crucial in managing equipment-related activities. I have experience in coordinating with faculty members to understand their requirements and collaborating with vendors to ensure smooth tendering, acquisition, and maintenance processes. I also maintain strong relationships with administration to address any logistical or administrative challenges that may arise.
- Can you tell us about your planning and organizational skills in handling the responsibilities of a Project Scientific Officer?
- Answer: I have strong planning and organizational skills that enable me to efficiently manage tasks and meet deadlines. I prioritize responsibilities, create detailed schedules, and ensure smooth operations of the facility. I am proactive in identifying potential issues and taking necessary actions to address them, ensuring a well-structured and productive work environment.
Remember to personalize your answers based on your own experiences and qualifications. Good luck with your interview!
Editor’s Note: MSc Biological Sciences Project Job With Rs.89,900/-Pay PM at TIFR, Hyderabad – Apply Online. MSc Biological Sciences Project Job 2023. MSc Biological Sciences Project Job Vcacancy. Please make sure that you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of all of the latest in the industry. Follow us on all of our social media like Twitter, Telegram, Facebook and Instagram.