Hike in Fellowships Announced
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
Subject: Revision of emoluments for research personnel employed in R&D programmes of the Central Government Departments / Agencies – reg.
Govt. has approved enhancing emoluments for JRF/SRF/RAs engaged in R&D activities whereby they will receive following fellowships/month w.e.f 01/01/2023:
JRF – Rs 37,000
SRF – Rs 42,000
RA1 – Rs 58,000
RA2 – Rs 61,000
RA3 – Rs 63,000@DrJitendraSingh @srivaric @guptaakhilesh63
— DSTIndia (@IndiaDST) June 22, 2023
- Reference is invited to e-File No. DST/PCPM/Z-06/2022 received from Department of Science and Technology on the above mentioned subject seeking approval of DoE for the proposed revision of emoluments.
2. The proposal has been examined in this Department and following fellowships for research personnel (Junior Research Fellow (JRF)/ Senior Research Fellow (SRF)/ Research Associates (RA) engaged in R&D Programmes of Central Government Departments/ Agencies has been approved by the competent authority.
|Category||Current Emoluments (applicable w.e.f. 01.01.2019)||Revised Emoluments (applicable w.e.f. 01.01.2023)
In Rupees per month
3. The other service conditions of the research personnel will remainunchanged.
4. Departments/ Ministries concerned should meet the additional financial burden from their existing outlay under the respective schemes by efficient utilization of resources and cutting down on non-priority activities. Subsequently, if additional resources are needed, the same will be considered based on the pace of expenditure and extent of savings in non-priority activities.
5. This issues with the approval of the Finance Minister.