Top 10 Biotech Universities World 2021 – A Comprehensive List
In this video, we will talk about the top 10 biotech Universities of the world in 2021.
Hello, I am Shekhar Suman, the CEO & Managing Director of BioTecNika & Rasayanika, and we offer a platform for students to learn & prepare for a career in biotechnology.
If you’re searching for the best university to study biotechnology, then be sure to keep tuning in for more videos like this one.
Now, as we all know, biotechnology is one of the leading career options nowadays for students who love biology but do not want to become a doctor. If I have to talk about the Biotech industry on a global level, it is growing exponentially and thus, due to the high job demand, rewarding pay, and diverse career prospects, there is an increasing number of students enrolling in biotechnology programs every year globally. But domestically in India, there is a lot of chaos and confusion on which is the right career path and how to succeed in this domain.
So, today I am going to discuss the Top 10 Biotech Universities World 2021.
Now as we all know, A college degree lays the foundation for your career. Best universities offer you the best learning experience & advantages. So, it is important to choose the right university for a successful career in biotechnology. Even though there are many universities worldwide, the best one for biotechnology is hard to find. But just imagine if you get access to the bestfaculties, infrastructure, and facilities – you will get a chance to hone your skills perfectly and will be able to shine on the global biotechnology platform. So without wasting much time, let’s start with the rankings.
- The first one is Harvard University – It is one of the oldest higher education institutions, devoted to excellence in teaching, learning, and research. They offer courses like “MS/MBA Biotechnology: Life Sciences Program.”
●Candidates who wish to enrol for this course should hold a minimum 4-year undergraduate degree in biology (or other life science) and have significant work experience in biotechnology or life sciences. International students additionally require a language proficiency test certificate.
● The tentative application deadline for Round 1 is September 8th and for Round 2 is January 4th.
● After getting accepted to the MBA program, you can apply for scholarships from Chris and Carrie Shumway Foundation for both the first and second years.
● International students can follow the same admission criteria as U.S. citizens. All the documents need to be submitted online & in English.
- The second one on the list is the University of Cambridge. This research-oriented University offers M.Phil and Doctoral programs in biotechnology.
● Candidates who wish to enrol for the M.Phil program should have a background in physical sciences or technology, however, those with other backgrounds having strong analytical skills are also encouraged.
● For the Ph.D. program, applicants should have a minimum of 4 years of study at the university level in a relevant field with first-class marks in all previous degrees.
● A language proficiency test is a must for foreign students.
● There are no specific scholarships for the M.Phil program, however, there are several financial aids available for Ph.D.
● The tentative deadline for applying is June 30th.
- The 3rd one on the list is Stanford University. This university is dedicated to finding solutions to big challenges.
● They offer graduate programs in bioengineering, biomedical informatics, and many other related fields.
● Applicants must hold a degree equivalent to a U.S. bachelor’s degree from a recognized college or university.
● The tentative application deadline is December 1.
● Graduate fellowships, research assistantships, and teaching assistantships are also offered by the departments and divisions of the School of Engineering every year.
● International students, whose native language is not English, will have to submit English proficiency test scores.
- On number 4 is the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. MIT has played a key role in the development of modern technology and science. They offer a professional certificate program in Biotechnology & Life Sciences.
●Professionals having a bachelor’s degree in the technical area with at least 3 years of experience can apply for this course.
● The tentative application deadline for Early Action is November 1st, whereas, for Regular Action, it is January 1st.
● International students who wish to be considered for financial aid should complete the International Student CSS Profile online and provide verification of parent income.
- Next and fifth on the list is the University of Oxford. It is a world-leading centre of learning, teaching, and research. This University does not offer programs specifically in biotechnology but offers them in biomedical sciences and biochemistry.
●The courses offered are M.Sc in Biochemistry and D-Phil in Biochemistry /Biomedical science.
● The tentative deadline for applying is January 8th.
● The university offers many funding options through scholarships, research councils, and studentships. Some of the scholarships are Hill Foundation Scholarship, The Bright Oceans Corporation Scholarship, Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies Scholarship, and Palgrave Brown Scholarship.
- The 6th on the list is the University of California – Recognized as one of the top universities. They offer courses like Bachelor of Science degree in Bioengineering: Biotechnology.
● An integrated program leading to a Bachelor of Science and a Master of Science degree in bioengineering is also offered.
● Candidates must have completed secondary school with a superior average in academic subjects and have earned a certificate of completion.
● The tentative deadline for applications is November 30th.
● International students need to submit English proficiency test scores and meet additional country-specific requirements.
● This university offers the best financial aid programs including different grants, scholarships, low-interest loans, and more.
- The next one on the list is Columbia University. It is one of the world’s most important centres of research and at the same time, offers a distinctive and distinguished learning environment for students. They offer a Master’s program in Biotechnology.
● Applicants should have a bachelor’s in biology or a related field; however, those having a significant background in biology and chemistry but who have majored in other fields will also be considered.
● The tentative deadline for admission is March 4th.
● International students can also apply for the course. However, they have to submit TOEFL scores if their native language is not English unless they received a Bachelor’s from an American institution.
● There are various options for scholarships and fellowships.
- The 8th one is the Technical University of Denmark, a university with a mission to develop & utilize science and technical science for the benefit of society. They offer graduate programs in biotechnology, bioinformatics & system biology, and biomedical engineering.
● The application for these courses opens twice a year.
● Applicants should hold either a relevant Bachelor of Science in Engineering, a Bachelor in Engineering, or a Bachelor of Natural Science degree.
● The graduate programs are offered in English and hence, international applicants must demonstrate proficiency in English.
● International students are offered scholarships by national and European programs.
- The next one is ETH Zurich – Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, an institute with a mission to educate engineers and scientists. This institute offers a Master’s degree program in biotechnology.
● The tentative month for application is November.
● Applicants should at least have a Bachelor’s degree, an equivalent university degree, or a Bachelor’s degree from a Swiss university of applied sciences in natural sciences or technical discipline.
● A language proficiency test is a must for international students.
● For financial aid, you can avail of the Merit-based scholarships offered by ETH.
- The last one on the list is the University of Queensland, a research-intensive university that is consistently ranked as one of the world’s top universities.
● The University offers Diploma, Bachelor’s, Master’s, and PhD. courses in Biotechnology.
● If you wish to start in semester 1 – The tentative deadline for applications will be January 31st. And if you wish to start in semester 2 – the tentative deadline will be June 30th.
● International students will have to submit language proficiency test scores.
● Students can apply for Australia Awards Scholarship, Royal Thai Government Scholarship, Schwarzman Scholars UQ Refugee, and Humanitarian Scholarship.
Thank you for watching this video. I hope this video on Top 10 Biotech Universities World helped you gain inputs for achieving your dreams of studying in the world’s topmost universities. For further information, check out the links given in the description box. Don’t forget to subscribe to Our Youtube Channel and hit the bell icon. We will be back soon with many more interesting, and informative videos.
See you in our next video
Till then bye bye take care