ICGEB Lifescience JRF Job – COVID-19 Drug Discovery Project
ICGEB Lifescience JRF Job – COVID-19 Drug Discovery Project. MSc/MTech in Biological Sciences candidates are encouraged to apply for Junior Research Fellow (JRF) position at ICGEB, New Delhi. Interested candidates can check out all of the details on the same below:
This job expires in :
ICGEB Vacancy Details
Post Name: Junior Research Fellow (JRF)
No. of Posts: 01
Project Title: “Structure based drug discovery for COVID-19”.
Group: Membrane Protein Biology Group
How to Apply for ICGEB Vacancy:
- Interested candidates need to submit their application on-line using this google
form or by regular India post: https://forms.gle/CHBjrApsKamwkGXU9
- Those who mail their application must send their CV (less than 3 pages), Cover letter (less than a page) and also a project proposal on “Structure-based drug discovery targeting COVID-19 virus”. The target can be of your choice. (less than 3 pages).
Last Date to Apply: 12 Fab 2021.
Tentative Online Interview Date: After 15 Feb 2021.
Queries can be addressed to: [email protected]
Job Description: Cloning, overexpression in E. coli, large scale protein purification,
Enzyme inhibition assays, in silico screening, validation using SPR and also BLI, MTT assays in cell lines, anti-viral screening assays, co-crystallization, crystal structure determination,
structure-based small molecule drug design.
- MSc/MTech degree in Biological Sciences.
- Applicants need to have cleared GATE or CSIR-UGC NET (including lectureship) or selected by any other selection process conducted by:
- DST/DBT/DAE/ DOS/DRDO/MHRD/ ICAR/ICMR/IIT/ IISc/IISER etc., according to DST
guideline dated 23 April 2019. Just Indian nationals can apply for this position.
Experience: Applicants with experience in protein overexpression in E. coli, purification,
crystallization and also computational drug discovery will be preferred, but not mandatory.
Fellowship & Duration: According to DST standards/ 3 years. The initial appointment will certainly be for the first 6 months, as well as will be extended based on the performance.
See Notification Below
Editor’s Note: ICGEB Lifescience JRF Job – COVID-19 Drug Discovery Project. Please make sure that you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of all of the latest in the industry. Follow us on all of our social media like Twitter, Telegram, Facebook and Instagram.