Bose Institute PhD Admissions 2021 Life Sciences – Applications Invited
Bose Institute PhD Admissions 2021 Life Sciences – Applications Invited. It’s an online application procedure. Bose Institute Admissions PhD Programme – Applications Invited. Candidates with a background in Biological Sciences/ Life Sciences are eligible. Check details below:
This call expires in :
(An autonomous research institute of Dept. of Science & Technology, Govt. of India)
Advt. No.: BI/NET-JRF/06/2020-21
Admission for PhD Programme Spring 2021
Acharya J.C. Bose, the founder of modern science in the Indian subcontinent, established Bose Institute in 1917. The Institute was established as Asia’s first interdisciplinary research centre as well as bears a century-old tradition of excellence in research.
The Institute wishes to admit students for its PhD programme twice a year, for sessions
beginning tentatively in January and also July. On-line interviews for this session will be held tentatively during the first week of April 2021.
Broad areas of research: Atmospheric Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Life Sciences, Physical Sciences as well as Interdisciplinary Sciences.
- Applicants can apply simultaneously to a maximum of 2 positions as mentioned in
Annexure – I.
- Applicants are required to provide a Statement of Purpose (SOP), in the prescribed format, for each of the positions, she/he applies for.
Fellowship: Admissible according to Govt. of India rules.
Reservation: Reservation quota will certainly adhere to the standard GoI guidelines.
Eligibility for PhD Interview:
- Applicants should have an award of JRF (CSIR-UGC JRF/ DBT-JRF/ ICMR-JRF/ DST INSPIRE/ DBT-BINC or equivalent), whose last date of validity ought to not be earlier than 1st July 2021. Candidates, who are in the final year of their Master’s degree as well as are in possession of an award of a JRF, if selected, will need to submit their final degree certification at the time of joining.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in any of the following fields: Engineering/ Science/ Technology with at least 55 %of marks for general, while for SC/ST/OBC( non-creamy layer)/ Differently abled as well as other categories 50% marks is necessary
- Age limitation: 28 years as on the day of application and relaxation of age is applicable according to Government of India guideline.
- DST-INSPIRE candidates can only be admitted provisionally. Confirmation of their admission to the PhD programme of Bose Institute is subject to the final award of INSPIRE fellowship by DST. Subsequently, in case, the candidate is not finally awarded the INSPIRE fellowship by DST, his/her provisional admission is liable to be terminated by the Institute.
- Applicants that have qualified in GATE/ JEST/ JGEEBILS/ NET (LS) etc. yet who do not have a legitimate award of JRF mentioned in (1) above or equivalent are ineligible to apply.
Registration for PhD Interview:
- Interested candidates fulfilling required eligibility should register online at the URL–
The due date for online Registration: 6 PM on February 28, 2021.
- An online acknowledgement receipt will be generated on successful registration.
Candidates ought to retain this receipt for future reference. Candidates need to produce this acknowledgement receipt for the interview. No applicants will certainly be entertained for the interview without this receipt.
- In case of any kind of difficulty during on-line registration, please send out an email to
[email protected] as well as [email protected].
Shortlisting for Interview:
- A shortlisting will be done based upon 50% weightage on past academic records and 50% weightage on SOP.
- List of shortlisted candidates, together with the date and also the time of interview will be displayed at the Institute web site.
Keep in mind: Applicants applying for more than one discipline might be called for separate interviews.
- The interview will certainly be conducted on-line. Specific instructions for the interview will certainly be communicated to the candidates at a later date.
- The medium of the interviews in English.
Shortlist as well as selection:
- The shortlist of applicants selected for the interviews will certainly be posted on the Institute website.
- It ought to be noted that mere appearance on the shortlist does not imply admission.
- Once the shortlist of applicants is posted on the Institute website, information on the future course of action and the timelines thereof will certainly be mentioned on the Institute website or will be communicated to the applicants.
- The Institute Authority reserves the right to reject any type of or all applications without assigning any type of reason thereof.
- Last Date for on-line Registration: 18:00 hrs. February 28, 2021.
- Date of display of short-listed applicants as well as for instructions on the Institute web site: March 20, 2021.
- Tentative date of interview: 1st week of April 2021. The final dates of the interview will be confirmed when the list of shortlisted applicants is displayed on the BI website.
See Notification & Annexure-I Below
Editor’s Note: Bose Institute Admissions PhD Programmes – Applications Invited. Please make sure that you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of all of the latest in the industry. Follow us on all of our social media like Twitter, Telegram, Facebook and Instagram.