B4 Young Scientist Program 2021 – Call For Applications
Advancements in high-throughput genomics, medical diagnostics, computational neuroscience, biopharma, medical and cellular imaging, and related fields have led to the generation of massive data. This poses a huge challenge to life sciences researchers in handling, analyzing and interpreting such large data sets. Realizing the need to train researchers at the interface of data science, computing, and life sciences, this 7-days hands-on workshop will focus on use of big data in genomics, precision medicine, pharma/drug discovery and AI/machine learning in analysis of biological /medical imaging data. The workshop will have didactic lectures and research talks followed by online handson sessions in the aforementioned areas. The different sessions of the workshop will be addressed by speakers from Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Broad Institute, Harvard University and renowned researchers from Indian academia and industry.
This call expires in :
B4 Young Scientist Program
Online Workshop on “Big Data in Life Sciences and Healthcare”
March 14–21, 2021
Open to Indian students currently pursuing any of the following courses in Indian institutions:
- Doctoral researchers in Life Sciences / Biotechnology / Bioinformatics / Engineering currently engaged in relevant areas of research
- Students currently enrolled in M.Sc. / MBBS / M.Pharm. / ME / M.Tech. and similar programs
The applications will be reviewed by a panel to select 25 applicants. Please submit:
- One-page CV
- One-page Statement of Interest justifying your application
- Academic transcript(s) or marks sheet(s)
- Two letters of recommendation
The below instructions apply to non-Harvard-affiliated candidates ONLY. Harvard-affiliated candidates can begin by accessing the application link in Step 3.
- Request an XID. You MUST do this in order to apply.
- Follow the instructions in the email sent by the XID system. If you do not see it on your inbox, please check your spam folder.
- Wait 24 hours after activating your XID, and then click here to access the application. If this link does not take you to the application of the Bioimaging workshop, please search for “B4 Big Data Workshop 2021.”
- Log in with your XID (you cannot use the “HarvardKey” option). You are now able to begin your B4 application.
The following documents are needed to complete the application. Each must be uploaded as one single PDF of size lesser than 2 MB:
- One-page current resume/CV
- One-page statement of interest, in which you describe the rationale for pursuing this course and what you hope to gain from it
- Academic records from Bachelor’s degree courses through the most recent course or semester/year
- Two letters of recommendation (which must be on the letterhead of the recommender with their signatures, and must be uploaded by the recommender via the link sent to their email from the CARAT system).
- The selection process will be highly competitive with a class size limited to 25 students.
- Applications will be reviewed by a panel of faculty. The decision of the panel will be final.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Do not write directly to Harvard faculty regarding the workshop and grant opportunities.
Contact: Savitha G Ananth, Program Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline to Apply: March 2, 2021
Selected participants will be notified by March 10, 2021
See Notification Below
Editor’s Note: B4 Young Scientist Program 2021 – Call For Applications, IBAB B4 Young Scientist Program 2021, BUILDING BHARAT BOSTON BIOSCIENCES PROGRAM B4 2021, B4 Young Scientist Program. Please make sure that you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of all of the latest in the industry. Follow us on all of our social media like Twitter, Telegram, Facebook and Instagram.