SNU Post-Doctoral Position – Sponsorship Available
SPONSORSHIP AVAILABLE FOR POST_DOCTORAL POSITION AT SHIV
I would like to sponsor position/s for the deserving Post Doctorate Fellows (Research Associate) who wish to apply in my lab. With me as a mentor, the project will be written by the candidate, assisted by me for applying to the fellowships like DBT-RA, NPDF, WOS-A, B, ICMR-RA, INSA etc. If and when the project is granted, I will be happy to accommodate the candidate in my Lab and extend all the facilities and knowledge in the fields of Molecular Biology, Protein Chemistry and Virology. (Please note there is no available post-doctoral position in our lab and the call is for Post doctorates willing to submit the proposal for funding through our lab) Our Lab works on following projects:
- Identification and Validation of Drug-Like Inhibitors against SARS-Cov2 Replication”
- Identification of vaccine candidate against SARS-CoV-2.
- Biochemical and Biophysical characterization of the non-structural enzymes of HEV involving their crystallization to find out the drug-like inhibitors.
Desirable: The candidate desirous of getting sponsored and working with us should be well versed with techniques in the fields of Protein Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, evident from their publications.
How to Apply: Please send your CV and Research Statement to [email protected]. If found suitable, I will get in touch subsequently for further discussion.
Our 2020 publication
- Hepatitis E Virus Cysteine Protease has Papain like Properties Validated by insilico Modelling and Cell-free Inhibition Assays Shweta Saraswat1, Meenakshi Chaudhary1, Deepak Sehgal1* Front. Cell. Infect. Microbiol., 23 January 2020
- Development of BacMam Induced Hepatitis E Virus Replication Model in Hepatoma Cells to Study the Polyprotein Processing.18 June 2020
Manjeet Kumar1,¶, Preeti Hooda1,¶ Madhu Khanna2, Utkarsh Patel1 and Deepak Sehgal1, Frontiers in Microbiology.
- Wargaming SARS-CoV -2:-Mechanism of infection, host defence and therapeutic
interventions Deepak Sehgal and Anindita Puri in Frontiers in Cellular and Infection
- Insights in E64 induced structural changes in Hepatitis E virus protease Meenakshi Chaudhry and Deepak Sehgal Indian Journal of Medical Research
To be Submitted: Two papers on HEV-Methyltransferase
About Shiv Nadar University:
University is located in Village Chithera, Dadri, Gautam Budh Nagar, 10 Km from Greater NOIDA. University has made a mark in a very short time and has been selected as one of the ten private “Institutions of Eminence” by the Government, and the formal notification is awaited. In the NIRF (Government’s National Institutional Ranking Framework), SNU has been the youngest institution in the ‘top 100’ Overall list, and our score has been rising steadily. In NIRF-2019, SNU ranked 52 in the ‘University’ category. We are also among a select group of green-field institutions in the country which were awarded the prestigious Atal Incubation Centre grant by the Niti Aayog, Government of India, in the very first round in 2017.
See Notification Below
Editor’s Note: SNU Post-Doctoral Position – Sponsorship Available. Please make sure that you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of all of the latest in the industry. Follow us on all of our social media like Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.